LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Ooh baby, Legere really gave it to Sprint today saying any Merger would end with T-Mobile on top and Sprint's Network Vision is a shit storm. He's a bit delusional.

T-Mobile CEO John Legere refuses to deny acquisition by Sprint http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289316/t-mobile-ceo-john-legere-refuses-to-deny-acquisition-by-sprint

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ooh baby, Legere really gave it to Sprint today saying any Merger would end with T-Mobile on top and Sprint's Network Vision is a shit storm. He's a bit delusional.

T-Mobile CEO John Legere refuses to deny acquisition by Sprint http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289316/t-mobile-ceo-john-legere-refuses-to-deny-acquisition-by-sprint

It has been a mess.  Him claiming a T-Mobile identity might be an effort alleviate competition concerns. 

Well there are clearly some difference since you can't get Sprint-specific provisioning like Sprint Zone. When I called to have them give me a link to install it, they told me that it was in the firmware and couldn't be loaded otherwise.  Hopefully I'm wrong since I want to see what Spark really does. I have little to no signal at work and that's just not acceptable for a work device.

No Nexus device has ever had Sprint-specific applications on it. It is the nature of the Nexus devices, the software is developed and distributed by Google, not the manufacturer and carrier.

No Nexus device has ever had Sprint-specific applications on it. It is the nature of the Nexus devices, the software is developed and distributed by Google, not the manufacturer and carrier.

Yes I know but Sprint Zone is the carrier's account management system and it can actually be kind of useful. So I didn't expect it to be installed from Google but I thought I could download and install it from Sprint. When they said that it was only available as part of the firmware and would not be available for the Google Edition, I was concerned that it might not be possible to get Spark compatibility if Sprint was not going to provide the updates on the Google versions. I'm being assured in various posts here that Google will issue an update that enables Spark. I hope that's true but this is the first I've heard about Google working on such an update.  Given how limited the Spark rollout is, I doubt that they are feeling much pressure to get it done quickly.

Yes I know but Sprint Zone is the carrier's account management system and it can actually be kind of useful. So I didn't expect it to be installed from Google but I thought I could download and install it from Sprint. When they said that it was only available as part of the firmware and would not be available for the Google Edition, I was concerned that it might not be possible to get Spark compatibility if Sprint was not going to provide the updates on the Google versions. I'm being assured in various posts here that Google will issue an update that enables Spark. I hope that's true but this is the first I've heard about Google working on such an update.  Given how limited the Spark rollout is, I doubt that they are feeling much pressure to get it done quickly.

i wouldn't say 7000+ live TD-LTE sites in practically all but a few clearwire wimax markets "limited" considering Clearwire had ~60 markets covering ~100 million people. That's not even counting the NV 2.0+ nationwide TDD-LTE deployment that is going to get underway in a few months. 

• Like 1

Nexus 5's purchased from Sprint don't have the Sprint Zone app either.

Given how limited the Spark rollout is, I doubt that they are feeling much pressure to get it done quickly.

Believe you me, its high priority for many. The phone has sold exceptionally well, and had Sprint customer service scrambling to figure out the activation process. Everyone I spoke to at sprint told me that they were inundated with requests for sim cards and questions about activating Nexus 5 devices. 

i wouldn't say 7000+ live TD-LTE sites in practically all but a few clearwire wimax markets "limited" considering Clearwire had ~60 markets covering ~100 million people. That's not even counting the NV 2.0+ nationwide TDD-LTE deployment that is going to get underway in a few months. 

Well Sprint has only announced 11 or 18 markets. That's what I was referring to as a limited rollout.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it has been mentioned before...

I was just looking at Sprint's coverage maps (tailored to the HTC One Max so I could see Spark coverage) and I noticed that there was A LOT more white "no coverage" area on the map than i had previously seen.  

I then changed the device back to an iPhone 5s and a lot more data roaming coverage showed up to make the map as I previously remembered it (which continued to look the same as I looked at the G2 and Nexus 5. 

Since this clearly doesn't apply to all Spark devices, does the One max not have roaming coverage similar to all other Sprint devices or did Sprint make a mistake when they made the map for the HTC One max?

I was specifically looking at the northern Wisconsin area and mid-west general when I noticed this situation.

Edit: I'm aware the 5s is not a Spark device, just used it for comparison.

Edited by snowmobiler487

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it has been mentioned before...

I was just looking at Sprint's coverage maps (tailored to the HTC One Max so I could see Spark coverage) and I noticed that there was A LOT more white "no coverage" area on the map than i had previously seen.  

I then changed the device back to an iPhone 5s and a lot more data roaming coverage showed up to make the map as I previously remembered it (which continued to look the same as I looked at the G2 and Nexus 5. 

Since this clearly doesn't apply to all Spark devices, does the One max not have roaming coverage similar to all other Sprint devices or did Sprint make a mistake when they made the map for the HTC One max?

I was specifically looking at the northern Wisconsin area and mid-west general when I noticed this situation.

Edit: I'm aware the 5s is not a Spark device, just used it for comparison.

Someone at Sprint made a mistake. The HTC One Max has roaming capabilities just like every other Sprint device.

Well he has a point, they always talking about the benefits of NV and how great it is but thats all they do, talk about something that is not there, the network is slow at least here in New Orleans it is, i rather turn off LTE on my iPhone and use 3G, half the time i have full bars of LTE and i cant even pull down a meg. and yes band 41 is supposed to fix that problem but thats not coming anytime soon and based on how fast they are deploying it it will take years, i do believe its a shitstorm and the Spanky network, no better word to describe it. Once Sprint deploys the network they been hyping about for the past years ill consider them as a carrier again. Their network works as wifi, you have to find the hotspots to get something done, and there are not many of them.

• Like 1

Well Sprint has only announced 11 or 18 markets. That's what I was referring to as a limited rollout.

Believe me, Google cares. They want Band 41 on their device. Otherwise, they could have skipped the Band all together.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tried the HTC max today here in Chicago and speeds were barely over 10 meg on download. Ran the speed test about 5 times with same results. Hoping it gets better once the lg g2 updates it's software to enable spark.

What's wrong with "barely over 10 meg on download"? Does that not satisfy your e-penis enough?

:P

-Anthony

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Sprint advertises that their LTE Speeds on 1900 are to be, on average, between 6-8 Mbps. 10 Mbps is faster than that, so you are getting "above average" speeds. Be a little more grateful, bud. You're on the "Now Network"  :lol:

-Anthony

• Like 8

What's wrong with "barely over 10 meg on download"? Does that not satisfy your e-penis enough?

Madfelon wants to abuse Sprint "unlimited" data.  He has problems.

AJ

• Like 5

Tried the HTC max today here in Chicago and speeds were barely over 10 meg on download. Ran the speed test about 5 times with same results. Hoping it gets better once the lg g2 updates it's software to enable spark.

So when you hit higher numbers, it'll make your phone run better and faster right..... cause it has more data juices flowing through it... At least that's what the guy at tmobile told me. LOL

Believe me, Google cares. They want Band 41 on their device. Otherwise, they could have skipped the Band all together.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Good point.  Not necessarily a direct correlation but, I noticed that the two Sprint towers at GooglePlex just got band 41 upgrades in your recent update in the Premier Sponsor section.  :tu:

• Like 1

Good point.  Not necessarily a direct correlation but, I noticed that the two Sprint towers at GooglePlex just got band 41 upgrades in your recent update in the Premier Sponsor section.  :tu:

They have their own private B41 network at GooglePlex as well. 

• Like 2

You, sir, have a problem.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 6