LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Has anyone taken the bold steps to enable B26 and B41 bands and have tried to verify B41 LTE at known upgraded Clearwire sites?

I go to class Tuesday and there's 2 Clearwire upgraded sites in the area so I'll get my MSL by then and check myself.

I actually just called Sprint twice to get it and they couldn't find it and kept redirecting me through these menus. I thank you for your help.

I chatted online and the rep gave me all three msl codes for the devices on my account...lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I chatted online and the rep gave me all three msl codes for the devices on my account...lol

I haven't seen that chat button lit up in about 6 months.  It never appears for me after logging in.  It used to always be available.  They made it invisible when the chat is busy.  

I haven't seen that chat button lit up in about 6 months. It never appears for me after logging in. It used to always be available. They made it invisible when the chat is busy.

Interesting. When i logged in, i hit the chat button up by the top of the page and it came right up...

So interesting turn of events. Earlier today I noted in the triband issues thread that my G2 refused to handoff between towers and that I had to practically update every few miles to regain a signal. I drove back home from work while taking the exact route back home. I held my LTE signal nearly the entire time. I went all the way down to -126 dBm at one point. When I did fall back to eHRPD, I was holding strong at -90 dBm where my Evo 3D would drop to 1x. I had to cycle airplane once at an intersection after leaving the highway to go back to LTE because for some reason it didn't reconnect, but LTE came back and I held it all the way home. Talk about a total 180 in just a 6 hour span of time.

So interesting turn of events. Earlier today I noted in the triband issues thread that my G2 refused to handoff between towers and that I had to practically update every few miles to regain a signal. I drove back home from work while taking the exact route back home. I held my LTE signal nearly the entire time. I went all the way down to -126 dBm at one point. When I did fall back to eHRPD, I was holding strong at -90 dBm where my Evo 3D would drop to 1x. I had to cycle airplane once at an intersection after leaving the highway to go back to LTE because for some reason it didn't reconnect, but LTE came back and I held it all the way home. Talk about a total 180 in just a 6 hour span of time.

This was pretty much my experience in west palm beach today, but back in the Stuart, FL/Port St. Lucie, FL area, no 4g....

If this is a taste of what these triband phones are capable of, then once this eCSFB issue is resolved and the band 26 LTE comes online, we will see some glorious LTE coverage.

• Like 5

That's certainly good news. I have seen several posts here and elsewhere about people not being able to connect to LTE in certain areas, then a short time later (varying from a few to several hours) suddenly connecting fine in those areas.. wonder if there is something else besides the eCSFB issue at play. I don't know the technicalities about how a device activates/registers/authenticates on a network, but on the surface it appears that for some reason there is a delay in the "Hey, this phone is active on Sprint" message making it to some portions of the LTE network.

-Mike

So all this new talk about certain markets being able to connect to lte and others not. Is there a way to see if my area will work (new orleans). I get my g2 tomorrow.

We have a sponsor thread of all the sites identified in the NOLA market that should be able to tell you what is what but I do believe the device will work.

• Like 1

Please tell me someone, how is the voice signal strength compared to other Sprint phones you have had?

Voice signal has been excellent. Much better than my Evo 3D was. The call quality is amazing, as well. Best sounding phone calls I've ever heard.

• Like 1

I believe I understand the legacy/incumbent situation. As a future G2 owner, could someone let me know if the current ECSFB situation would affect LTE connectivity for me?

Blue Springs/Lee's Summit, MO 64064

Thank you,

Skid

From what it sounds like, both LG devices take an exceptionally long time to re-scan for LTE. So it's not that you can't reconnect when you drop back to 3G, it's that it's not looking for LTE a quite a while. I'm used to my ONE searching for LTE within a couple of minutes of hitting LTE coverage, so I could see how that could be quite annoying, however I don't think it's a symptom of something being wrong. The LTE scan time just needs adjusted. 

Now, why you had near total coverage on the way back home, that's interesting. Maybe software updates to the towers in your area... who knows. 

Maybe the CSFB/eCSFB memo circulating around was correct regarding CSFB providing better edge of cell performance was right. Not enough data to make a true conclusion but it will be interesting to monitor this going forward.

• Like 1

I believe I understand the legacy/incumbent situation. As a future G2 owner, could someone let me know if the current ECSFB situation would affect LTE connectivity for me?

Blue Springs/Lee's Summit, MO 64064

Thank you,

Skid

All of the Plains Region(MO, KS, OK, etc) is incumbent. Should be no problems at all.

• Like 2

I was logging into my Sprint account on the website and I noticed I saw a link right under "See my contract details" that says Get my PIN1/PUK1 unlock code.  When I click on that link it opens up a new window that says LTE Unlock code and it gives you your PIN1 and PUK1 codes. 

My question is what are these PIN1 and PUK1 codes used for?

I was logging into my Sprint account on the website and I noticed I saw a link right under "See my contract details" that says Get my PIN1/PUK1 unlock code.  When I click on that link it opens up a new window that says LTE Unlock code and it gives you your PIN1 and PUK1 codes. 

My question is what are these PIN1 and PUK1 codes used for?

Those are the SIM/UICC card lock codes in case you manage to lock yourself out, preventing authentication and thus data access (at least) on the phone.

• Like 2

From what it sounds like, both LG devices take an exceptionally long time to re-scan for LTE. So it's not that you can't reconnect when you drop back to 3G, it's that it's not looking for LTE a quite a while. I'm used to my ONE searching for LTE within a couple of minutes of hitting LTE coverage, so I could see how that could be quite annoying, however I don't think it's a symptom of something being wrong. The LTE scan time just needs adjusted. 

Now, why you had near total coverage on the way back home, that's interesting. Maybe software updates to the towers in your area... who knows.

Can you change the LTE scan time? I know you can on the EVO LTE.

I was reading through the paragraph explanation in the connections optimizer screen, and twice it mentions the fact that it remembers where you've previously gotten wifi/Sprint 4G signal and will automatically try to reconnect to the network once you enter the area again. Is this true? Meaning, if you've previously connected to a 4G tower, would it forego the scan time and automatically bump the phone back to 4G? That could explain how driving to work for the first time resulted in no 4G and loss of service between handoffs but on the way back it held onto 4G and never lost service again.