LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Has anyone figured out what the problem with LTE is? My G2 has gotten LTE for about 10 minutes (immediately after talking to tech support about the issues and doing some kind of reset through dialing ##72786#). since then, 3g only, including when right next to working towers with other phones connected to LTE... extremely frustrating to have a new phone unable to connect properly!

Oh my...I went through my bag from Best Buy and the last page of the receipt and order summary are two MSL codes...

Just checked my stuff from bestbuy, I only have a Service Agreement printout and register recipe. Service agreement has a security code listed under phone info but it apparently is not my msl.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

At my home - it appears that turning it to CDMA/LTE from Global has fixed the LTE connectivity a little bit.  I also turned off Sprint's connections optimizer.  Not that I need LTE at my home, it'd be nice to have it for when my ISP craps out (Comcast is pretty inconsistent sometimes.)

At my home - it appears that turning it to CDMA/LTE from Global has fixed the LTE connectivity a little bit.  I also turned off Sprint's connections optimizer.  Not that I need LTE at my home, it'd be nice to have it for when my ISP craps out (Comcast is pretty inconsistent sometimes.)

hasnt helped me any :(

Tried my own custom 4G symbol, didn't like it a lot.

So inverted stock and I'm liking it. :-)

Speaking of which....I remember that I am suppose to tap you to help me change the 3G and 4G icons for this phone.  I need to get this phone activated tomorrow and verify that LTE works first.

T-Mobile drivers worked as well from lg support site

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I got the drivers from the tmobile variant on the lg website. I checked att variant as well and it was the same driver as tmobile.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone else notice that in Signalcheck that when connected to LTE the 1xRTT radio appears to disconnect?  My LTE works fine when I'm in town, but as soon as I get back out to my house where I have to use a cell booster it wont connect to anything but eHrpd.  My old Note2 and wife's S4 pick up LTE from the booster just fine.  There's something weird happening with this thing that's not like the old phones.

Edited by bimmerd00d

Go to your mysprint and block those shortcodes from sending you texts

Or you know.. actually fix the issue.

Directly from Sprint's own public support pages...

1. Go into the Visual Voicemail application and compose a Visual Voicemail message by selecting Menu and then Compose. Make sure your message is longer than 15 seconds and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com.

99% of the time this corrects the issue. If it does not, try clearing data from the visual voicemail app in settings, this will trigger the VVM activation again the next time you open the app.

• Like 2

So far while at home, I have had LTE. I will have to monitor while I am out driving. Last night it seemed I wasn't connecting to different towers between handoffs while my wife had a solid connection between handoffs. Hers is set to Global while I set mine to CDMA/LTE. I tried both settings but notice no difference. It seems to default back to Global at some point, though, since I've had to change it back 3 times now.

I got a chance to do a little observing how my wife's g2 performed last night while we were out in Aurora. She had LTE everywhere I did on my EVO, but generally her connection was 10-15db stronger. On speed tests it translated to some dramatically higher speeds. In our house she is consistently getting between 8-9mb, where my phone averages 5-6.

I haven't been able to confirm her g2 is on 800 voice yet. Oddly signal check says she isn't connected to anything CDMA, even though she very obviously is, and can make and receive calls. I may try and get her msl and do some more digging later.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any word on a resolution on lte connectivity issues? I talked with sprint care and they wanted to replace the phone. ..i said no, i dont think its a hardware issue...still waiting. ..

Or you know.. actually fix the issue.

Directly from Sprint's own public support pages....

My google-fu failed me. Thank you.