LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

In markets where the NV vendor is different from the legacy equipment vendor, the circuit switch fallback systems may be incompatible with each other. Single radio devices (essentially non-svLTE) need eCSFB to fallback to 3G to accept a call. Going forward, eCSFB deployment status will factor into analysis on market launches, new markets will only be launched if the gap risk is low. They will also complete the builds quickly in impacted markets to mitigate impact as much as possible. I can upload the legal-approved talking points later as well.

Do you think then that they might try and get rid of the legacy equipment quicker in markets where eCSFB is incompatible? 

• Like 1

Thanks, that helps but also raises more questions for me lol..

So does this mean the g2 doesn't have a live connection to voice service while its on LTE? Does it get signaled for incoming calls over LTE and then switch to cmda or something? My reason for asking is so I can test whether it is connecting to 800 voice or not. Will the g2 not be capable of revealing that until a call is initiated then?

I can answer that because i already testedd this. The minute i answer a call lte turns off and 1x turns on

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that helps but also raises more questions for me lol..

So does this mean the g2 doesn't have a live connection to voice service while its on LTE? Does it get signaled for incoming calls over LTE and then switch to cmda or something? My reason for asking is so I can test whether it is connecting to 800 voice or not. Will the g2 not be capable of revealing that until a call is initiated then?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I don't have specific info like that, but my guess based in what I've read is that it operates something like that, and I'd venture most, if not all, LTE devices going forward week utilize eCSFB as well as it allows for better battery life and network performance (according to my documentation).

Speaking of which....I remember that I am suppose to tap you to help me change the 3G and 4G icons for this phone.  I need to get this phone activated tomorrow and verify that LTE works first.

Yeah bro, if you need any theming help, let me know.

So based on that info, i just bought a device that is incompatible with the tower near my house. Wonderful.

As S4GRU frequently points out, the site near your house should be basically the least of your worries.  A mobile phone is for, well, mobility.  This network fallback/reselection issue affects only LTE data.  That should not be a problem at home because you should be on Wi-Fi at home.  So, even if you use your mobile phone as your home phone, voice is not affected.

AJ

Announcement:

In anticipation of potential evidence collection and discussion, I put in a placeholder for a Nexus 5 LTE issues thread a few days ago, then hid the thread.  I will unveil it again in just a moment.  It will be retitled the LG G2/Nexus 5 LTE issues thread.  It may even expand to include Samsung and HTC tri band handsets.  We believe now that the issue has been pinpointed to be an eCSFB conflict between Network Vision and legacy infrastructure in certain markets and on certain sites.

Stand by...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-lg-g2nexus-5-lte-issues-thread/

AJ

• Like 3

As S4GRU frequently points out, the site near your house should be basically the least of your worries.  A mobile phone is for, well, mobility.  This network fallback/reselection issue affects only LTE data.  That should not be a problem at home because you should be on Wi-Fi at home.  So, even if you use your mobile phone as your home phone, voice is not affected.

AJ

I'm really bummed!  I live and work in a place where the 4G LTE will be incompatible.  All the Shentel towers around here won't work with the G2.  No WIFi at work either!

I'm really bummed! I live and work in a place where the 4G LTE will be incompatible. All the Shentel towers around here won't work with the G2. No WIFi at work either!

Arent all the shentel towers 100% complete? So it should be good to go? Right?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

As S4GRU frequently points out, the site near your house should be basically the least of your worries. A mobile phone is for, well, mobility. This network fallback/reselection issue affects only LTE data. That should not be a problem at home because you should be on Wi-Fi at home. So, even if you use your mobile phone as your home phone, voice is not affected.

AJ

I'm someone who lives in the boonies on a useless wisp (0.5mbps at best), and used to watch netflix on their note2 connected to their tv. I have every right to be annoyed. Oh well, time to revert to the note 2 until this works. I wish I had known this beforehand.

Scratch that, looks like a directional antenna is in store for my booster. The tower to the southeast is complete, which is not the one I am currently connecting to with the omni. All is not lost.

Edited by bimmerd00d

Arent all the shentel towers 100% complete? So it should be good to go? Right?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It appears as if the Shentel system will not work with the G2 - at least around the Greater Harrisburg, Hershey PA area.  I went to a Shentel store today to let them look at the phone.  No luck there either.  I've been all over Harrisburg and near the 81 corridor with no LTE connectivity whatsoever. 

The Shentel system is very far along in this area as well.  Some are even boradcasting the 800 MHz frequency.  The towers near me have been 4G LTE for quite some time now. 

When I had my two defective Samsung Galaxy Note 3's, I got 4G LTE in these same places no problem.

It appears as if the Shentel system will not work with the G2 - at least around the Greater Harrisburg, Hershey PA area. I went to a Shentel store today to let them look at the phone. No luck there either. I've been all over Harrisburg and near the 81 corridor with no LTE connectivity whatsoever.

The Shentel system is very far along in this area as well. Some are even boradcasting the 800 MHz frequency. The towers near me have been 4G LTE for quite some time now.

When I had my two defective Samsung Galaxy Note 3's, I got 4G LTE in these same places no problem.

Anyone would easily say Shentel is the farthest ahead in their rollout by far hands down. That's crazy it doesn't work.

Announcement:

In anticipation of potential evidence collection and discussion, I put in a placeholder for a Nexus 5 LTE issues thread a few days ago, then hid the thread. I will unveil it again in just a moment. It will be retitled the LG G2/Nexus 5 LTE issues thread. It may even expand to include Samsung and HTC tri band handsets. We believe now that the issue has been pinpointed to be an eCSFB conflict between Network Vision and legacy infrastructure in certain markets and on certain sites.

Stand by...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-lg-g2nexus-5-lte-issues-thread/

AJ

I'll post the legal approved eCSFB Gap talking points in that thread when I have a chance tonight since it is likely the root cause of it.

• Like 5

Anyone would easily say Shentel is the farthest ahead in their rollout by far hands down. That's crazy it doesn't work.

Yeah, it is crazy.  This system around me is very new.  I just don't get it?  But none-the-less a NON Tir Band phone works in my area to receive LTE on 1900 MHz!  The G2 will not.

So how does this account for individuals (The Dave) who have two LG G2 side by side with only one maintaining an LTE signal?

I think The Dave might have a SIM issue.  He even reported that he got a warning about an "invalid card" on one of the two handsets.  I am surprised that he did not investigate that further.  If the SIM is not seated properly or dead, then LTE will not work.

AJ

Big fail...sprint is now further behind. Maybe in 4 years the g2 and new spark phones will work once they upgrade half of their towers

I haven't had 4g near my house since leaving the s2 for the s3.....and before then we were tail end of wimax... So had 4g for about a year or so ....