LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Does anyone else notice that in Signalcheck that when connected to LTE the 1xRTT radio appears to disconnect?  My LTE works fine when I'm in town, but as soon as I get back out to my house where I have to use a cell booster it wont connect to anything but eHrpd.  My old Note2 and wife's S4 pick up LTE from the booster just fine.  There's something weird happening with this thing that's not like the old phones.

I just activated the device about 30 minutes ago and I am having issues with the Signalcheck app as well where it is not showing my 1x and EVDO values.  I haven't had a chance to test it out in a LTE area but I am worried that it is not even showing up 1x and EVDO values.  It shows the Wifi values just fine though.  Anyone else seeing this issue or can help explain why this is happening?

I just activated the device about 30 minutes ago and I am having issues with the Signalcheck app as well where it is not showing my 1x and EVDO values.  I haven't had a chance to test it out in a LTE area but I am worried that it is not even showing up 1x and EVDO values.  It shows the Wifi values just fine though.  Anyone else seeing this issue or can help explain why this is happening?

I'm getting the same.   Are they trying to do this?  If it is, they are making people worried.  

Edited by Calvin200

I'm getting the same.   Are they trying to do this?  If it is, it's backfiring.  They have people worried.  

What is weird is that I downloaded CDMA Field Test Application app and it is working fine for retrieving 1x and evdo values.  I even compared the values generated in Settings-> About Phone -> Network in real time and it seems to be pretty accurate. 

How is everyone's band 25 Connection when it's working? For me, I'm getting - 104dBm in places my GS3 got - 98 to - 102. Seems a bit weaker than the gs3 in connectivity but this processor is amazing. No stutters yet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Just used chat to get my MSL. Enabled B26 and set it higher priority than B25. We'll see what happens. So far B25 has been normal, just a very little bit weaker than my GS3. I wonder if my Otterbox Defender might be hurting it a bit. 

Just used chat to get my MSL. Enabled B26 and set it higher priority than B25. We'll see what happens. So far B25 has been normal, just a very little bit weaker than my GS3. I wonder if my Otterbox Defender might be hurting it a bit. 

Yes, otters love to eat shellfish and LTE.

AJ

• Like 4

lmao dude you always have the perfect video for any situation

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Apparently I did chose right because I am reporting that even with my bands set for all three it is still holding on to lte like the champion it is.  :tu:

I got a chance to do a little observing how my wife's g2 performed last night while we were out in Aurora. She had LTE everywhere I did on my EVO, but generally her connection was 10-15db stronger. On speed tests it translated to some dramatically higher speeds. In our house she is consistently getting between 8-9mb, where my phone averages 5-6.

I haven't been able to confirm her g2 is on 800 voice yet. Oddly signal check says she isn't connected to anything CDMA, even though she very obviously is, and can make and receive calls. I may try and get her msl and do some more digging later.

when your no LTE on signal check on the G2 1x and evdo goes away and only shows LTE. 

Looks like you need to enable cellular/mobile location services in your device's Settings menu.  See here: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#nodata

• Like 6

Looks like you need to enable cellular/mobile location services in your device's Settings menu. See here: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#nodata

That did it...thanks. Didnt know one button was all it took. I feel stupid.

• Like 2

Looks like you need to enable cellular/mobile location services in your device's Settings menu.  See here: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#nodata

Thanks for the info.  It now works.  Which reminds me of something else.  I had a notification about Qualcom location (or something ike that).  It said it would improve location services on my phone.  Was that the thing that you just mentioned or is that something else and if it is what does it do?

Thanks for the info.  It now works.  Which reminds me of something else.  I had a notification about Qualcom location (or something ike that).  It said it would improve location services on my phone.  Was that the thing that you just mentioned or is that something else and if it is what does it do?

No, that is something else.

http://www.qualcomm.com/chipsets/izat

Not being able to access 4G is related to the G2 being an eCSFB device. In markets being deployed with non-incumbent NV equipment these new devices operate differently due to the enhanced circuit switch fallback support being added with NV.

I can give more detailed info later if you all want. It isn't a device issue, there is no hardware problem. It's an incompatibility with the legacy and NV towers and technologies that requires eCSFB capable devices to stay on the old system.

• Like 7

Not being able to access 4G is related to the G2 being an eCSFB device. In markets being deployed with non-incumbent NV equipment these new devices operate differently due to the enhanced circuit switch fallback support being added with NV.

I can give more detailed info later if you all want. It isn't a device issue, there is no hardware problem. It's an incompatibility with the legacy and NV towers and technologies that requires eCSFB capable devices to stay on the old system.

Sounds like someone made a big oops with this device release.

Sounds like someone made a big oops with this device release.

Actually it would explain the delay of the G2 so far behind other carriers.  Could also explain the delay in Spark support for Spark Enabled devices, if they are the same way.

You wouldn't want to say a device supported spark out of the box if you knew these issues existed.

backhaul or jusst equipment curreently installed issue?

From what i got from it, its because there is still legacy operating with nv equip. Which is definitely true where im at...

In markets where the NV vendor is different from the legacy equipment vendor, the circuit switch fallback systems may be incompatible with each other. Single radio devices (essentially non-svLTE) need eCSFB to fallback to 3G to accept a call. Going forward, eCSFB deployment status will factor into analysis on market launches, new markets will only be launched if the gap risk is low. They will also complete the builds quickly in impacted markets to mitigate impact as much as possible. I can upload the legal-approved talking points later as well.

• Like 8

when your no LTE on signal check on the G2 1x and evdo goes away and only shows LTE.

Thanks, that helps but also raises more questions for me lol..

So does this mean the g2 doesn't have a live connection to voice service while its on LTE? Does it get signaled for incoming calls over LTE and then switch to cmda or something? My reason for asking is so I can test whether it is connecting to 800 voice or not. Will the g2 not be capable of revealing that until a call is initiated then?