LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

SO if i have been able to knock on since i got the phone...about a mth ago...does this mean i already have the update???

ZVD was just released the other day. No other version had knock on prior to this. Are you referring to knock on my just double tapping the phone? If so that is not the knock on that came with ZVD.

ZVD was just released the other day. No other version had knock on prior to this. Are you referring to knock on my just double tapping the phone? If so that is not the knock on that came with ZVD.

Knock on is double tap to wake. Knock code is the 4 custom tap setting to enable instant unlock of device.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Knock on is double tap to wake. Knock code is the 4 custom tap setting to enable instant unlock of device.

Sent from my LG-LS980

And here I was waking the phone, then doing the knock code that I customized. The minimum is 3 and maximum is....I know if you go past 4 taps it says you need to enter it at least 8 times...but you also set a back-up pin ...

I thought the phone had to be on the lock screen in order to use the custom knock code...but I tried using just the code instead of waking the phone first...thanks for unknowingly giving me that tip!!

Has anyone not gotten the update yet?? I haven't..

Haven't seen it yet either. Not too concerned; the most interesting thing would be Knock Code, and that isn't very important to me. Also, waiting to see what issues people get with this update.

I apologize for all the scribbles but here's what it looks like. It's very unobtrusive. In your call log there is also a small green icon that shows it was an hd call.

2014-07-24-06-38-55.png

• Like 3

Isn't there supposed to be group messaging improvement in the update? Can anyone comment on that?

Only way to improve group messaging is to make it so it doesn't work on anything but iOS devices.... I don't think that happened so I doubt it improved any.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

*Sorry, that wasn't much help, I know, but that's my comment and I'm sticking to it. 

I apologize for all the scribbles but here's what it looks like. It's very unobtrusive. In your call log there is also a small green icon that shows it was an hd call.

Hmm...I was expecting the icon to be a little bit more obvious than just on the dialer screen.

FYI :o

The recent update (ZVD) to the G2 was primarily Knock Code with some fixes and add ons which one of those was " ART " in the Select Run under Developer Option:tu:

YEA! :lol:

http://imgur.com/Ksy9BwF

• Like 1

FYI :o

The recent update (ZVD) to the G2 was primarily Knock Code with some fixes and add ons which one of those was " ART " in the Select Run under Developer Option. :tu:

YEA! :lol:

http://imgur.com/Ksy9BwF

The change was minor enough that the ZVC kernel actually works, just no Knock Code. Knock Code and ART make it a very nice bump and I think we can expect Wifi calling at some point, probably with 4.4.3 but it's no deal breaker.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The change was minor enough that the ZVC kernel actually works, just no Knock Code. Knock Code and ART make it a very nice bump and I think we can expect Wifi calling at some point, probably with 4.4.3 but it's no deal breaker.

Do you honestly believe the G2 will get 4.4.3 or will it completely skip it and go straight to Android L on it's next HUGE software update and will that be the last as far as major updates go not including fixes and or add ons down the road afterwards,

Do you honestly believe the G2 will get 4.4.3 or will it completely skip it and go straight to Android L on it's next HUGE software update and will that be the last as far as major updates go not including fixes and or add ons down the road afterwards,

I'm convinced there was some type of software obstacle for Sprint/LG to overcome because the G2 is just about the only Sprint-Based Triband device without WiFi calling now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Still waiting to get the update.. When I get it I'll let you know...

Sideloading the update is ridiculously easy. Do you have a PC?

• Like 1