LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So I called Sprint to get my msl and they said no it's against company policy. They think I will switch to another carrier. I can't find even on Google another way to get it. Any help would be great. Thanks

That's absolutely stupid. How are you going to switch your phone to another carrier? Sprint has these phones so you cannot "switch" to another carrier.

Got a spare Sprint phone? Log into your account. Swap the old phone for your G2 in the system. Complete activation. Then switch it back. In both cases you are given or MSL code on the web page in case you need to go edit your info to get activated.

• Like 1

So I called Sprint to get my msl and they said no it's against company policy. They think I will switch to another carrier. I can't find even on Google another way to get it. Any help would be great. Thanks

I always just tell them I am an application developer and I need the MSL to access low level system values. They never argue with me after that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That's absolutely stupid. How are you going to switch your phone to another carrier? Sprint has these phones so you cannot "switch" to another carrier.

Got a spare Sprint phone? Log into your account. Swap the old phone for your G2 in the system. Complete activation. Then switch it back. In both cases you are given or MSL code on the web page in case you need to go edit your info to get activated.

This is what I've always done to get my msl. They give it to you and then email it to you... I thought they weren't supposed to give it out lol. [emoji6]

+1 for that method. So much easier than dealing with a person.

I always just tell them I am an application developer and I need the MSL to access low level system values. They never argue with me after that.

Oh cool. I will try that. Thanks

To use TWRP to switch PRLs, you'll have to one time switch the PRL manually on PC. After that, you should be all good.

Before doing anything, take note of your current PRL and boot into TWRP. Make a backup but select only EFS partition. Name the backup (PRL "Number here"). Then you'll have a stock PRL ready. Then you can flash 513 via PC and boot back into TWRP and backup EFS again and this time it'll save your 513 PRL.

When you're ready to switch PRLs, just boot into TWRP and recover a backup (select one of the PRL backups and you're done.)

• Like 1

hey I finally got around to calling sprint with your suggestion and it worked no problem. Thank you.

• Like 1

i wanted to get my band priorities changed to see what that does even though I know the network will find the best connection for lte.

Also debating on rooting the phone

Is this like a game of charades? Not sure what your post is about... Are you asking a question or making a statement, like talking to yourself in the grocery store. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My darn screen has a burn in spot and as i use my phone and it gets warmer it gets dark and brown and the screen gets crazy when i swipe. I hope best buy insurance doesn't give me a run around

best buy is better than the sprint insurance. I had both

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is this like a game of charades? Not sure what your post is about... Are you asking a question or making a statement, like talking to yourself in the grocery store. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I'm sorry your confused. I was just thinking out loud man.

best buy is better than the sprint insurance. I had both

BestBuy doesn't have free replacements anymore for accidental damage. It's like $150 now, which is on par with Sprint. And Sprint covers lost/stolen.

Sent from my LG-LS980

BestBuy doesn't have free replacements anymore for accidental damage. It's like $150 now, which is on par with Sprint. And Sprint covers lost/stolen.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Pardon my ignorance but what is $150?

Pardon my ignorance but what is $150?

One hundred and fifty dollars. How is that not clear 0.o'.....
  • Like 3

In case anyone wondered, Google FINALLY fixed Play Music so it doesn't stop 50 times with the "Sorry cannot play music steam" error anymore. The ZVC update broke Play Music for us G2 Users.

• Like 3