LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

You guys will have to let me know if there is a new radio with the update. 

I have been using my N5 since buying it, but with the latest N5 radio the RF performance is about on par with the G2.  Any noticeable improvement in RF might get me to switch back to the G2 and sell my N5 now that I know how to customize phones a little better.

• Like 2

Honestly WiFi calling is causing issues for me. If you have it enabled on my m8 it shuts off your mobile network radio, and I was forced to turn off WiFi calling. The HD voice icon was a cool idea.

You guys will have to let me know if there is a new radio with the update. 

I have been using my N5 since buying it, but with the latest N5 radio the RF performance is about on par with the G2.  Any noticeable improvement in RF might get me to switch back to the G2 and sell my N5 now that I know how to customize phones a little better.

According to the Sprint Device Testing site: http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

M8974AAAAANLYD1311326.1

That is the modem version with ZVD:

I'm at work and don't have my G2 around...  Is that different than ZVC(or B as Sprint likes to say...)?

Yup:

ZVB/C: M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046

ZVD:    M8974A-AAAANLYD-1.3.11326.1

• Like 1

I just notice the other day the when I'm on LTE and make or receive a call it shows it roaming. Signal Check Pro says I'm on sprint network.  I'm pretty sure I'm on the sprint network when I make these calls.  Anyone else notice this or seen it. It doesn't bother me but just curious about it. FYI I'm on SuperG2 ROM.

True, but also seen update roll out on Fridays also.

The last two updates went as follows:

ZVC - Source Code Released 3/25 (Tues) -> Roll out started 3/31 (Mon)

ZVA - Source Code Released 1/24 (Fri) -> Roll out started 1/27 (Mon)

I hope it is tomorrow.  Would give me an excuse to switch back to my G2 for awhile.  :tu:

• Like 2

The last two updates went as follows:

ZVC - Source Code Released 3/25 (Tues) -> Roll out started 3/31 (Mon)

ZVA - Source Code Released 1/24 (Fri) -> Roll out started 1/27 (Mon)

I hope it is tomorrow.  Would give me an excuse to switch back to my G2 for awhile.  :tu:

The thing I'm really hoping for is WiFi calling. That's all I really want for X-mas.  Then I'm hoping team derp will be able to put it into their next release ROM easily. 

Happy, Happy, Happy!

• Like 1

The thing I'm really hoping for is WiFi calling. That's all I really want for X-mas.  Then I'm hoping team derp will be able to put it into their next release ROM easily. 

Happy, Happy, Happy!

It'll definitely have WiFi calling.  Flex got it and so does G3.  

• Like 1

LG source code web page has new ones posted. Does anyone have any idea what each one are for. kitkat 4.4.4 and or knock code coupled with WiFi.

See link:

http://imgur.com/EfwoYTx

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011

According to that....it looks like it's just knock code...DAMNIT!! Come on WiFi Calling!!

Hoping they just forgot to list it in the change log.  But, now to start checking for an update every 5 minutes as if it actually made a difference! 

• Like 2

Looks like the page is down, hopefully putting Wifi calling in the description...that would suck if its not in there.

It's up on my end...still just says Knock Code...:-/

Honestly WiFi calling is causing issues for me. If you have it enabled on my m8 it shuts off your mobile network radio, and I was forced to turn off WiFi calling. The HD voice icon was a cool idea.

That's the point of Wi-Fi calling. You no longer need the mobile radios. Why is that causing an issue?

Sent from my LG G3