LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Well I've gotta ship mine in for repair again. The first time I called it in. Phone would not let me receive calls. Attempts at answering them are ignored by the phone. Not all, but the majority. I used live chat this time because I'm having the same issue. They changed out the board chipset and it obviously didn't fix anything. So live chat got me the RA, and because I was in a very bad mood they decided they were going to send me a shipping label this time. I referenced the previous repair that it all started after zvc. I expected them to flash back to before zvc, but as far as I know they didn't.

So this time I'm adding a note to the box explaining what happened during the zvc update and how the 2nd part of the boot install only filled 50% and rebooted to start the next phase. Made sure they knew that and that flashing back to before that would probably be necessary.

Anyway, if this time doesn't solve my problem I will be repairing it myself, or just deal with it. I don't get many calls anyway, but when there is an opportunity for a job interview and me not being capable of answering the phone, it's highly annoying.

Edit: it's worth noting for the above bsrtimer post that I did a ##rtn# reset a little while after changing the bsr to 3. After the reset I checked and it was set 1. So I just left it at 1. Figure that's probably what it should be at anyway.

Edit2: Samsung did that to me my previous phone. Didn't ship back my phone box. I decided I was keeping my LG box lol. Glad I did.

Edited by BecomingDeath13

Edit2: Samsung did that to me my previous phone. Didn't ship back my phone box. I decided I was keeping my LG box lol. Glad I did.

I'm really pi__ed about that. They told me not to send any accessories in, but never mentioned not to use the original box.

I guess they're just to disorganized to keep the device with its box and keep track of it. Too much in a hurry to crank things through.

I'm also miffed about the little dents they made in the bright metal trim near the SIM card slot where they opened the device. I could have done a slop job like that myself!

I'm really pi__ed about that. They told me not to send any accessories in, but never mentioned not to use the original box.

I guess they're just to disorganized to keep the device with its box and keep track of it. Too much in a hurry to crank things through.

I'm also miffed about the little dents they made in the bright metal trim near the SIM card slot where they opened the device. I could have done a slop job like that myself!

My phone kept rebooting awhile back and I had to send it out for repair.  They said they replaced the powerboard and when I got it back, my device had 3 noticeable scratches on the screen.  Whatever they do in the repair centers, they're not gentle!

• Like 1

My phone kept rebooting awhile back and I had to send it out for repair.  They said they replaced the powerboard and when I got it back, my device had 3 noticeable scratches on the screen.  Whatever they do in the repair centers, they're not gentle!

If I had someone else's property in my hands, I would treat it with the utmost care. They just slop it through!

If I had someone else's property in my hands, I would treat it with the utmost care. They just slop it through!

That sounds good, but when investors get involved and managers that are all business. They want the focus on productivity more than they do a quality. So when it comes to things like that I always blame upper management. When you focus more on money than quality, then I feel that will be the end of a business. Have to have a good balance of both IMO.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous that they mailed it back to you like that. From my experience alone, I can understand why you'd just let it be.

It's a real shame too, outside of the GPS problems I have, I absolutely love the phone even more than my Nexus 5. I think LG just needs better quality control.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous that they mailed it back to you like that. From my experience alone, I can understand why you'd just let it be.

It's a real shame too, outside of the GPS problems I have, I absolutely love the phone even more than my Nexus 5. I think LG just needs better quality control.

You're correct. LG does need much better quality control. As Faber said, that's a management thing. 

I originally hated the G2 and put it away in a drawer after I received it back on November 8th. Mine was plagued with all the problems. I recently resurrected it to check out LTE 800. I am impressed how good the phone has gotten through all the updates. I think it even sounds as good as my Note 3 after the litany of upgrades. 

Now the Shentel tower near me is upgrading data speeds, so most of the time I only get 3G. I am again using my Samsung GN3. I'll get the G2 back out when my tower is working correctly again. At least the GPS is now fixed. 

• Like 1

I apologize my above post was duplicated yet again. It turns out that the latest version of Dolphin Browser is causing the problem. Sorry!

I just had to send my phone in for repair the screen stopped working the top third of it. It is in flawless condition it'll be interesting to see how it comes back. I had an issue with a Samsung battery while back a long time ago and Samsung sent me a shipping label I was pretty pissed that LG would make me pay for my lable to send this phone in.

I just had to send my phone in for repair the screen stopped working the top third of it. It is in flawless condition it'll be interesting to see how it comes back. I had an issue with a Samsung battery while back a long time ago and Samsung sent me a shipping label I was pretty pissed that LG would make me pay for my lable to send this phone in.

LG replaced my touch sensor while the G2 was in for its GPS repair.  I never really noticed anything about the touch sensor that didn't operate correctly though. 

So, I got the ZVD update about the end of July, and switched over to ART after a couple of days. I haven't had any issues that I can put down to ART, but I haven't noticed any particular benefits, either. Of course, this phone was pretty zippy even without ART :) .

Anybody else make the switch to ART? Problems, opinions, thoughts?

So, I got the ZVD update about the end of July, and switched over to ART after a couple of days. I haven't had any issues that I can put down to ART, but I haven't noticed any particular benefits, either. Of course, this phone was pretty zippy even without ART :) .

Anybody else make the switch to ART? Problems, opinions, thoughts?

I think that ART is not worth it yet.  Dalvik is good enough for me and it doesn't botcher Xposed mods or Qremote.  

• Like 1

I think that ART is not worth it yet.  Dalvik is good enough for me and it doesn't botcher Xposed mods or Qremote.  

I got Qremote from the G3 and it works better for me.  And it's ART compatible.

If you're rooted, uninstall the GRemote that's preinstalled on the G2 and flash the flashable here.

I am rooted, but stock. I haven't installed any Xposed mods yet, but thanks for the heads-up. I haven't had any problems with Quick Remote, either under Dalvik or ART (or is Qremote a different app?). Then again, I rarely get to watch my TV - I just get to pay the bills :wacko: . But so far, I can't say much one way or the other regarding ART.

I am rooted, but stock. I haven't installed any Xposed mods yet, but thanks for the heads-up. I haven't had any problems with Quick Remote, either under Dalvik or ART (or is Qremote a different app?). Then again, I rarely get to watch my TV - I just get to pay the bills :wacko: . But so far, I can't say much one way or the other regarding ART.

395eea6d7ffbc2c6c7548861d9af2e88.jpg

As for me, input actually works for me because there's actually an option to go up/down through the available inputs. Qremote is the same as Quick remote.

I'm running Mahdi ROM and I love the aosp look.

• Like 1

The GPS in my G2 just stopped working again today.  I don't think I am going to bother sending it back in again for repair.  Time to get rid of this P.O.S. 

The GPS in my G2 just stopped working again today. I don't think I am going to bother sending it back in again for repair. Time to get rid of this P.O.S.

Are you having the issue just after a reboot?

I sent my G2 back into LG and hope they actually repair it this time. I intend to keep sending it in and wasting their money until they get it right.

Are you having the issue just after a reboot?

I sent my G2 back into LG and hope they actually repair it this time. I intend to keep sending it in and wasting their money until they get it right.

Yesterday it was having trouble locking on.  It took a little while.  Today I went for a walk on my lunch hour, turned on MAPS and nothing.  Checked it with GPS test and nothing.  The problem didn't manifest itself just after a reboot.  The G2 was on for a while.  800 LTE just lit up in Harrisburg, so I was checking things out. 

I don't blame you by sending yours back again and again, but it cost me $17 UPS to send mine to TX the first time.  It'll probably cost me more than LG to do battle with them.

I rebooted the phone several times and the GPS just went dead again.  I give up.  This phone has wasted way too much of my time resetting and restoring everything.  I'll probably just trade it in.  I don't want to sell it and stick someone else. 

The earpiece speaker started crackling again today as well.  I thought that issue had been fixed with the litany of updates but.....

Yesterday it was having trouble locking on.  It took a little while.  Today I went for a walk on my lunch hour, turned on MAPS and nothing.  Checked it with GPS test and nothing.  The problem didn't manifest itself just after a reboot.  The G2 was on for a while.  800 LTE just lit up in Harrisburg, so I was checking things out. 

I don't blame you by sending yours back again and again, but it cost me $17 UPS to send mine to TX the first time.  It'll probably cost me more than LG to do battle with them.

I rebooted the phone several times and the GPS just went dead again.  I give up.  This phone has wasted way too much of my time resetting and restoring everything.  I'll probably just trade it in.  I don't want to sell it and stick someone else. 

The earpiece speaker started crackling again today as well.  I thought that issue had been fixed with the litany of updates but.....

What device you going with?  I'm actually kinda getting bored with the G2 myself.  Going to wait out the Nexus 6.  

What device you going with?  I'm actually kinda getting bored with the G2 myself.  Going to wait out the Nexus 6.  

I'm kinda tweaked by the Nexus 6 as well.  There's really nothing out that I like at the moment.  The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a very high contender on my list.  They're saying September 3rd it will be unveiled.  Great RF performance is definitely a prerequisite. 

I'm kinda tweaked by the Nexus 6 as well.  There's really nothing out that I like at the moment.  The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a very high contender on my list.  They're saying September 3rd it will be unveiled.  Great RF performance is definitely a prerequisite. 

My mother is getting the Note 4 as soon as it comes out.  I'll probably get to compare it with the G2 so I'll let you know how it is, if you don't have it already by then.  B)

• Like 1

My mother is getting the Note 4 as soon as it comes out.  I'll probably get to compare it with the G2 so I'll let you know how it is, if you don't have it already by then.  B)

I would appreciate that very much. I really love my Note 3. It's the best phone i've ever owned. I hope the Note 4 takes this to the next level. 

• Like 1