LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

zvd radio kept boucing me back to 3g, although i get great lte (band 26) in my apartment, for now, i had to go back to zva (Milestone 1 d3rp rom )

I had noticed that the zvd radio would keep me on 3G when it looses a LTE signal.  I'd an airplane toggle and not think much of it.

• Like 2

** THE FIX FOR THE 3G fallback with no recconnect **  

You need your device MSL#

(once obtained)

dial ##data#

select LTE

EDIT

Type MSL

I changed the LTE scan timer from 5 to 2. 

You can also arrange your band priorities eg* mine,41,25,26

This worked for me.  I then walked deeper into my home and lost B26; fell back to 3G- and had reconnected to LTE within a minute or two.  

Your welcome  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

** THE FIX FOR THE 3G fallback with no recconnect **  

You need your device MSL#

(once obtained)

dial ##data#

select LTE

EDIT

Type MSL

I changed the LTE scan timer from 5 to 2. 

You can also arrange your band priorities eg* mine,41,25,26

This worked for me.  I then walked deeper into my home and lost B26; fell back to 3G- and had reconnected to LTE within a minute or two.  

Your welcome  :rolleyes:

Any impact on battery life?

I had noticed that the zvd radio would keep me on 3G when it looses a LTE signal.  I'd an airplane toggle and not think much of it.

Add me to the list as well.  I have to airplane toggle to regain LTE, no matter how long I wait or how strong a LTE signal area I've moved into. 

Just sent the G2 back to LG today for a GPS that never works.  Hopefully they can find the issue, fix it and return it in a reasonable time. 

• Like 1

Add me to the list as well. I have to airplane toggle to regain LTE, no matter how long I wait or how strong a LTE signal area I've moved into.

Just sent the G2 back to LG today for a GPS that never works. Hopefully they can find the issue, fix it and return it in a reasonable time.

I'm experiencing the same issue. After the update my phone almost acts like its afraid of LTE. Even seems to connect to 800 CDMA less as well. I've tried updating my profile and the LTE scan timer trick to no avail. [emoji27][emoji24]
  • Like 1

Ok, I need suggestions.. My wife has a spot on her LG g2 that doesn't respond to touch.. The spot is around the same spot where you would click open or update for an app on the Google play store.. Very aggravating on her behalf.. What are my options for her?

Afraid of LTE.  lol.   While, I experience the same problem it does stay connected to my airave much more then before the update... 

I'm experiencing the same issue. After the update my phone almost acts like its afraid of LTE. Even seems to connect to 800 CDMA less as well. I've tried updating my profile and the LTE scan timer trick to no avail. [emoji27][emoji24]

That's what mine does. But when I travel to an area that I previously had great LTE signal strength it will just stay on 3G until I cycle airplane mode. General users are not going to know to do this and will try to blame Sprint for it.

I deactivated my G2 on December 31, 2013 because I hated it so much (crappy sound quality, poor RF and a GPS that didn't work). I have been using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which I love. I recently activated the G2 again to check out the band 26 performance in the areas surrounding Harrisburg. I must say that after all the updates, LG did a very good job fixing the sound quality and RF performance. I sent the phone back to LG to get the GPS repaired (we'll see how this goes)...

It's a shame that in the latest update the switching back to LTE after being in a 3G area was broken. I guess we'll have to wait for another update to fix this now.

I wonder if this issue happened to all the G2's or just a few of us were affected?

• Like 1

I just installed the Mahdi ROM on my G2 with ZVD. Love the Nexus feel to it with the added customizations.

Anyone in the mood to try something new, I'd give it a shot.

It works with the zvd radio or do you need to downgrade? I assume autorec still restores download mode correctly just like it did with ZVC? Had to get a replacement device and took the zvd ota but thinking of rooting again.

I just installed the Mahdi ROM on my G2 with ZVD. Love the Nexus feel to it with the added customizations.

Anyone in the mood to try something new, I'd give it a shot.

It works with the zvd radio or do you need to downgrade? I assume autorec still restores download mode correctly just like it did with ZVC? Had to get a replacement device and took the zvd ota but thinking of rooting again.

Autorec will install recovery again like on ZVC but you'll end up with the ZVC modified kernel which will break Knock Code. I do believe there is a custom kernel that will restore it but I can't say for sure.

Just rooting ZVD is fine but it's the recovery and restoration of the laf partition that is needed that will break one of the main features of the update.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Autorec will install recovery again like on ZVC but you'll end up with the ZVC modified kernel which will break Knock Code. I do believe there is a custom kernel that will restore it but I can't say for sure.

Just rooting ZVD is fine but it's the recovery and restoration of the laf partition that is needed that will break one of the main features of the update.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah it works with the ZVD radio, but no Knock code as mrrogers1 points out. I would've never used knock code though so it doesn't bother me.

Any impact on battery life?

So I still smash through the battery the same as before the update.  To me nothing has changed, except that when i do fall to 3G; 4G is back in a minute.  My phone sees a charger every chance it gets, I am brutal on smart phones  ;)

w8nhvd.png

these are on different days(back to back)

124uibt.jpg

FYI regarding the ZVD issue with switching back to LTE from 3G, I decided to switch my network mode from global to LTE/CDMA and it seems a bit better. In some areas I was at today it still took a while to switch over to LTE. I'm going to adjust the LTE scan timer again and see if that gets it back to normal.

• Like 2

Anyone else notice the baseband did not change in ZVD update?

ZVC modem is: M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046

ZVD modem is: M8974A-AAAANLYD-1.3.11326.1

I just took OTA after toting back to ZVC and my modem is still 2.0.20046.

Anyone else notice the baseband did not change in ZVD update?

ZVC modem is: M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046

ZVD modem is: M8974A-AAAANLYD-1.3.11326.1

I just took OTA after toting back to ZVC and my modem is still 2.0.20046.

Same here, mine still reports the 2.0...