LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone that takes the update, if you know how, I'd take a system dump. :)

I'll head back to the dungeon to put the finishing touches on SuperG2 as Sprint has forced our hand again. Damn you Sprint!! Lol [emoji13]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you do a dump with a un-rooted phone?

Anyone that takes the update, if you know how, I'd take a system dump. :)

I'll head back to the dungeon to put the finishing touches on SuperG2 as Sprint has forced our hand again. Damn you Sprint!! Lol [emoji13]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Just got it, going to install now

Rickie

sent on my LG G2

Let us know if Wifi calling made it....hopefully they just missed it on the description page and it was included in the update.

Greenville ohio got the zvd update took about five minutes via lte zvd does support ART and it fixes the 4Glte problems i have alot better of a signal just hope the battery last longer i used to only get 3 hours on zvc

post-36990-0-11444600-1405960928_thumb.png

post-36990-0-00970700-1405960960_thumb.png

post-36990-0-77110600-1405960991_thumb.png

Can you do a dump with a un-rooted phone?

Yes, but you'll need ADB tools to pull it, which, if you are adventurous and do not have them, I can get you setup with them. 

Greenville ohio got the zvd update took about five minutes via lte zvd does support ART and it fixes the 4Glte problems i have alot better of a signal just hope the battery last longer i used to only get 3 hours on zvc

3hrs? What the hellz you doing with your phone man!? Lol  

• Like 1

Yes, but you'll need ADB tools to pull it, which, if you are adventurous and do not have them, I can get you setup with them. 

I've messed with ADB before and I think I still have it. I just need help for someone to walk me through it. And correct me if I'm wrong. You should not do a install for us to be able to get the dump. If that is the case I'll make sure to advise the other 2 member of the family not to install it, if they get the notification. (That's if you don't get the dump by then)

• Like 1

I've messed with ADB before and I think I still have it. I just need help for someone to walk me through it. And correct me if I'm wrong. You should not do a install for us to be able to get the dump. If that is the case I'll make sure to advise the other 2 member of the family not to install it, if they get the notification. (That's if you don't get the dump by then)

Need it fully installed, that's ok.

Let's take this to PM

EDIT: I grabbed the system dump from a device I ended up having to work on tonight, thanks for stepping up to assist though!

Same experience here too...no changes really...

its been about the same for me, perhaps ever so slightly better. 

That's the point of Wi-Fi calling. You no longer need the mobile radios. Why is that causing an issue?

Sent from my LG G3

Coming off WiFi it would not turn the mobile radio back on

Coming off WiFi it would not turn the mobile radio back on

That sounds like it might be an issue with your device. I have no issues moving off of Wi-Fi and back onto the network with Wi-Fi calling enabled.

Sent from my LG G3

Per my completely unscientific comparison, battery life does seems to be slightly better, but I will watch for a few days to confirm.

Knock Code seems to be working only half the time, but I think it's more a matter of training my fingers to get the timing and pressure right. Does seem to need more deliberate gestures than the quick double tap that worked with Knock On.

Also good to see that the fake Bluetooth 5% entry on the battery usage screen in gone.

Has anyone seen any improvement on GPS performance? Was inaccurate and slow to lock on, making it mostly useless in ZVC.

That sounds like it might be an issue with your device. I have no issues moving off of Wi-Fi and back onto the network with Wi-Fi calling enabled.

Sent from my LG G3

Well its my m8, and it's having a ton of issues regarding shut downs and buggy keyboard. Gotta prove

Your phone would have to be pulling 1,000mah to pull that off. I don't think the hardware in the G2 is even capable of using that amount of power at a time. Even with the screen brightness at maximum, the camera open and actively recording, and the gPU being utilized to accelerate for a game. The only way I could see this happening is running something like a graphically intensive game that uses the camera in an augmented reality situation with a large amount of overlays that integrate with the environment, not even Ingress works like that.

Your phone would have to be pulling 1,000mah to pull that off. I don't think the hardware in the G2 is even capable of using that amount of power at a time. Even with the screen brightness at maximum, the camera open and actively recording, and the gPU being utilized to accelerate for a game. The only way I could see this happening is running something like a graphically intensive game that uses the camera in an augmented reality situation with a large amount of overlays that integrate with the environment, not even Ingress works like that.

or you can be running several signal detection apps, restarting the radio frequently, and using navigation - - but then you should have a 2.1 amp or better car charger

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

or you can be running several signal detection apps, restarting the radio frequently, and using navigation - - but then you should have a 2.1 amp or better car charger

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

The largest pull I've ever been able to get coming from my G2 with that type of usage is 700mah. GPS definitely uses a ton since it's an active connection for GPS, Data, and the screen on. In addition, the heat generated by all of that reduces battery performance artificially "inflating" the battery usage.

It's probably possible, but extremely unlikely. It is much more likely that the original poster was hyperbolizing his battery life, or he is leaving out a LOT of relevant information about how he's actually using the phone when he gets this "3 hour battery life". There's also the possibility that they have managed to somehow degrade their battery through poor usage/charging cycles and the battery is beginning to fail prematurely.

None of these are normal, caused by a specific software load, or in any way the fault of the device design itself or a specific software update.

Dear halcyoncmdr and mrrogers1

Well its been getting three hours since sprints zva update battery life is not the only problem with my G2, my touchscreen is going out like an inch from the top of the phone. Also it gets very hot sometimes yes I know that's sometimes normal, but all I use it for is minecraft , Facebook, calling, texting, YouTube and music. Lg told me to send the phone in they would fix it for free but the problem is I have no other device that can run on sprints service I have to have my phone. So yeah it doesn't really get used that hard but that being said I run it at full brightness and I'm on it most of the day. So idk maybe its just a faulty G2. BTW zvd didn't help it. :(

Edited by imoletamious

Dear halcyoncmdr and mrrogers1

Well its been getting three hours since sprints zva update battery life is not the only problem with my G2, my touchscreen is going out like an inch from the top of the phone. Also it gets very hot sometimes yes I know that's sometimes normal, but all I use it for is minecraft , Facebook, calling, texting, YouTube and music. Lg told me to send the phone in they would fix it for free but the problem is I have no other device that can run on sprints service I have to have my phone. So yeah it doesn't really get used that hard but that being said I run it at full brightness and I'm on it most of the day. So idk maybe its just a faulty G2. BTW zvd didn't help it. :(

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but..... I'm gonna bite, please get insurance on your phone, take to Sprint and have exchanged (for screen going dead). Then, when you get it back TURN the brightness down, then maybe not play games, listen to music and text for 3hr straight to the point of burning the phone up.

Put down the phone, go outside, get some fresh air homie. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but..... I'm gonna bite, please get insurance on your phone, take to Sprint and have exchanged (for screen going dead). Then, when you get it back TURN the brightness down, then maybe not play games, listen to music and text for 3hr straight to the point of burning the phone up. Put down the phone, go outside, get some fresh air homie. [emoji4]Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Actually that is why my phone gets used so much, I walk all day and listen to I heart radio and Spotify while I walk and the nearest so called true sprint store is over 40 miles away, the one here in Greenville is just a retailer they say they don't do things like fix things wrong, take the device back, etc. But thanks for the advice I will try it today on low brightness and not play music.