LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So will the lg g2 be next for the update for WiFi calling. I sure hope so as new of a device it was when they started it I would of thought that we would of done got it. Has anyone heard if the knock code would be coming soon also I hope.

In case anyone wondered, Google FINALLY fixed Play Music so it doesn't stop 50 times with the "Sorry cannot play music steam" error anymore. The ZVC update broke Play Music for us G2 Users.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I didn't notice any issues with Play Music after the ZVC update on my end. Just issues related with non-backhaul updated towers and slow 3G performance causing issues.

I didn't notice any issues with Play Music after the ZVC update on my end. Just issues related with non-backhaul updated towers and slow 3G performance causing issues.

If you didn't subscribe to all access I don't think the bug affected you. I ended up cancelling all access and suddenly my music played flawlessly. Resubscribed thinking the error was fixed and the errors came back. Luckily the new update has fixed the problems completely.

I bought an LG G2 about 2 months ago.   There is an area on the phone where the touch screen is unresponsive.   Every once in a while the phone gets too hot, will randomly do crazy stuff on the screen (zoom in, scroll, etc) by itself.   Is that normal, or should I file an insurance claim?    I already did a factory reset on the phone and it didn't fix it.  I thought it could be the case,  but taking it off didn't fix it.  The software is up to date and it still is like that.

The area where it's unresponsive on my phone is when you are on the Play Store and going to install an app.   When you try to click 'install' on the app you want to install, you can't press it.   I have to turn the phone sideways to get it install.

Even when I try to click the 'copy' or 'paste' on something highlighted, it's almost impossible to get the phone to do what I want it to.

I bought an LG G2 about 2 months ago.   There is an area on the phone where the touch screen is unresponsive.   Every once in a while the phone gets too hot, will randomly do crazy stuff on the screen (zoom in, scroll, etc) by itself.   Is that normal, or should I file an insurance claim?    I already did a factory reset on the phone and it didn't fix it.  I thought it could be the case,  but taking it off didn't fix it.  The software is up to date and it still is like that.

The area where it's unresponsive on my phone is when you are on the Play Store and going to install an app.   When you try to click 'install' on the app you want to install, you can't press it.   I have to turn the phone sideways to get it install.

Even when I try to click the 'copy' or 'paste' on something highlighted, it's almost impossible to get the phone to do what I want it to.

Nope. Not normal. Send it back.

• Like 1

Nope. Not normal. Send it back.

Send it back or try a local S&R store. We occasionally had parts on hand to replace the screen. When I was laid off the phone was still fairly new however and we didn't have them on hand regularly, not that it's been a while longer they may have some.

Super common on G2, we never have screens at my store because everyday we see a G2 with a dead spit in the center. What i find funny is im still using my launch day G2.

I'm still using launch day G2 also. However I get the GPS issues where sometime it doesn't lock on. Was using Map My Ride today and I wasn't moving but my signal was bouncing around.

I'm still using launch day G2 also. However I get the GPS issues where sometime it doesn't lock on. Was using Map My Ride today and I wasn't moving but my signal was bouncing around.

Map My Ride has been having some issues, so I wouldn't attribute it all to your GPS. I had issues last week where Map My Ride wouldn't lock on on both my N5 and my dads HTC One.

I had the exact same touch screen issue, same spot. Had to send back to LG for repair under warranty. Sucks you have to cover the shipping costs to get it back to them, but still cheaper than Sprint insurance or in-store repair cost.

Just a few minutes ago with phones side by side. B25 , i get fringe B26 at home so i can compare it tonight.

G2

G3

Very nice for B25...  I will be VERY interested in how the two compare with B26!  Can't wait to see that tonight :tu: .

The G2 is currently about the same as the N5 on its newest radio...  Looks like we may have a new RF champ.

Just a few minutes ago with phones side by side. B25 , i get fringe B26 at home so i can compare it tonight.]

Wow that is a big difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The g3 seems to fluctuate between 2-10 dB better. Normally its closer than the pictures indicate.

Both of my G2's have had intermittent GPS lock issues,  Reboots dont help, cycling airplane mode doesn't help, turning location on/off doesn't help either.  I would leave my house, stand in the driveway and wait for a signal lock.  I can go 20 minutes before it locks.  Often when it does lock, it has me pinned about 1-3 miles away.  Oddly, the location cursor on google maps tracks according to my actual movement--just 1-3 miles offset.

I'm on my second G2. First one had some odd screen issues where it would register multiple taps on the keyboard and for other touch functions.  Makes texting almost impossible.   Also, when drawing a straight line, the line would jitter all over the screen. made it look like I had a shakey hand while drawing.  My new one is showing these issues too after about 6 months along with the intermittent GPS errors.

I'm about ready to take it again for a replacement.

• Like 1

Had the exact same problem, about a 0.75 inch band across the screen that was unresponsive and then later would have phantom touches that would cause the screen to scroll and be unrepsonive.

Getting my replacement today for it.

• Like 1

Hey so what is the deal with the phone, that when its in a crappy signal area (though its in the 60-70s range for 1x and ehrpd) and it just freezes up???

I couldnt even get it to power off and restart it was so lagged up....

finally it broke it and worked....but ohhhh man

Lets just say Vegas has not been nice to my phone

• Like 1

Why is WiFi calling such a big deal? Better voice quality?

That...and also for people that have crap coverage in the homes...