LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Anyone figure out on how to get notifications for apps to appear on the lock screen (similar to iOS)?  I accidentally got the notification for Facebook on the lock screen (could just stem from a recent update, but I'm not sure), but would like to do the same for Google Hangouts

Anyone figure out on how to get notifications for apps to appear on the lock screen (similar to iOS)? I accidentally got the notification for Facebook on the lock screen (could just stem from a recent update, but I'm not sure), but would like to do the same for Google Hangouts

Is this what your looking for?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anandbibek.notifypro

Anyone figure out on how to get notifications for apps to appear on the lock screen (similar to iOS)?  I accidentally got the notification for Facebook on the lock screen (could just stem from a recent update, but I'm not sure), but would like to do the same for Google Hangouts

Yes and no.  The more I tinker around with it I think it is an option in Facebook. I really don't need a 3rd party app, just was hoping that I missed a setting or something in Hangouts.

If I do a factory reset on my wife's phone, does anything need to be done afterwards? I've never done this before..Will it still be connected with Sprint with the same number or will I have to log into Sprint and reassign that phone to her number??

If I do a factory reset on my wife's phone, does anything need to be done afterwards? I've never done this before..Will it still be connected with Sprint with the same number or will I have to log into Sprint and reassign that phone to her number??

nothing needs to be done, it should go through a hands free activation and you should be good to go. Just remember if you do a factory reset, you will lose all pictures and such on the phone, so if you want them, make a backup of them on a computer first

• Like 2

Nope, you won't need to do anything special. Why are you hard resetting? 

Was having problems with the sensor and called LG...the person I talked with first asked if I had done this..I said no..he said that they have noticed recently that this will sometimes fix the glitch as he called it with the sensor in the top quarter of the screen..

• Like 2

Yeah it didn't work..so you send it to LG and that takes a couple weeks?? Does it cost anything?? I think we have a couple phones she could switch to around the house if need be..we don't have the insurance on the phones..never have had it before..

• Like 1

Yeah it didn't work..so you send it to LG and that takes a couple weeks?? Does it cost anything?? I think we have a couple phones she could switch to around the house if need be..we don't have the insurance on the phones..never have had it before..

You pay for shipping, but the repair cost is free (unless they find water/physical damage).

What *sensor* is having issues and do you have the means to tot the device? It's easier, faster and free and might be worth a shot before shipping the phone off.

She just finished loading her pictures to snapfish..that's all she had really..

I know I'm late but you could always use the Photos icon on Android and you can have it setup to automatically back up pictures. So when you log back in with your Google account those pictures are still there and can also be accessed from a computer.

The screen doesn't respond to touch toward the top of the screen on the right side..the general area is around where the update/install button would be in the app store...also she can't pull down the notification bar at the top..she is having to turn the phone sideways to do these things..

I don't blame you by sending yours back again and again, but it cost me $17 UPS to send mine to TX the first time. It'll probably cost me more than LG to do battle with them.

I rebooted the phone several times and the GPS just went dead again. I give up. This phone has wasted way too much of my time resetting and restoring everything. I'll probably just trade it in. I don't want to sell it and stick someone else.

When they sent the phone back to me unfixed, I requested for them to give me a shipping label. I don't believe it's fair for them to have the customer pay for something they should have done the first time. You could request a shipping label from them like I did.

I'm in the same boat as you about selling this phone. If I run into the same crap you did, then I'm not going to want to dump the problem onto a buyer.

When they sent the phone back to me unfixed, I requested for them to give me a shipping label. I don't believe it's fair for them to have the customer pay for something they should have done the first time. You could request a shipping label from them like I did.

I'm in the same boat as you about selling this phone. If I run into the same crap you did, then I'm not going to want to dump the problem onto a buyer.

You know, the more I think about this shoddy LG stuff, the more pissed I become.  I am going to take your suggestion and request a return shipping label.  It's just wrong to stick me as a customer with a faulty device.  LG's quality control is abysmal!  Never again...Now my device also is all scratched up from their first repair attempt.  Jerks...

• Like 1

You know, the more I think about this shoddy LG stuff, the more pissed I become. I am going to take your suggestion and request a return shipping label. It's just wrong to stick me as a customer with a faulty device. LG's quality control is abysmal! Never again...Now my device also is all scratched up from their first repair attempt. Jerks...

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off more than you already are lol. I totally get how you feel though.

I had similar GPS issues with the LG Nexus 5 too. Oddly enough, getting that fixed was a way simpler process. All I had to do was contact Google Play support via email then go back and forth with troubleshooting steps. Once their support concluded that there was a GPS defect, they e-mailed me an invoice that put a hold on my credit card, then I just mailed back my defective phone when I got the new phone in the mail. Simple, right?

• Like 1

The screen doesn't respond to touch toward the top of the screen on the right side..the general area is around where the update/install button would be in the app store...also she can't pull down the notification bar at the top..she is having to turn the phone sideways to do these things..

Well, you could run a quick test and see if it's just a defective screen. 5689#*980# then Device test, Individual Item, Touch Draw Test - Auto. If it fails there, it's definitely hardware.

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off more than you already are lol. I totally get how you feel though.

I had similar GPS issues with the LG Nexus 5 too. Oddly enough, getting that fixed was a way simpler process. All I had to do was contact Google Play support via email then go back and forth with troubleshooting steps. Once their support concluded that there was a GPS defect, they e-mailed me an invoice that put a hold on my credit card, then I just mailed back my defective phone when I got the new phone in the mail. Simple, right?

Well, there you go!  Google customer service vs LG customer service...

Well, there you go!  Google customer service vs LG customer service...

Well, you could run a quick test and see if it's just a defective screen. 5689#*980# then Device test, Individual Item, Touch Draw Test - Auto. If it fails there, it's definitely hardware.

Forgive me for my ignorance..I put that into the dialer?? Then what? How do I get out once I'm in?? Thanks

Forgive me for my ignorance..I put that into the dialer?? Then what? How do I get out once I'm in?? Thanks

Once you hit the last # it will automatically take you to the next menu. Click Device test. Individual Item. Touch Draw Test - Manual. It will ask you to hold the power down and you give you options. after that is complete scroll to the bottom and hit back to main then it should say exit.

My device just started making transformer noises when playing music, whether it be radio, or my natively added songs. It happens through speaker and earphones. I'm going to reset everything but I need it to not do this!! It happens numerous times per song and I feel like my CPU is going to die the more I play music.

Anyone know what it can be?

The sound it makes is like this.

EDIT: Nevermind. Restoring device completely to stock fixed the bug for me.

Edit2: Looks like it's back. Man this sucks. Completely stock and still bug.

[emoji36]