LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Thanks for confirming.  I have a flashable ZVD modem zip but wasn't sure if I should post it.

Thing is, the filesize is different than ZVC, whether it's a separate partition changed or what.  The baseband is the same number.

I wonder why LG didn't release the OTA with an updated baseband?

Thanks for confirming. I have a flashable ZVD modem zip but wasn't sure if I should post it.

Thing is, the filesize is different than ZVC, whether it's a separate partition changed or what. The baseband is the same number.

I wonder why LG didn't release the OTA with an updated baseband?

What's even more curious is that the Sprint Zone app is telling me that I need to "Update Now" even though it shows the current ZVD build number. Wonder if that has to do with the incorrect baseband.

What's even more curious is that the Sprint Zone app is telling me that I need to "Update Now" even though it shows the current ZVD build number. Wonder if that has to do with the incorrect baseband.

Have you ever rooted before? I wonder if it's not installing if you have a previous record of root installed.

Sent from my LG-LS980

There is an update for Sprint Zone, the app.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I got the Sprint Zone update already. Attached is what I see. attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-08-03-20-45-32.png

9ynazanu.jpg

Someone should hard reset and see if that to changes... Actually, let me tot and update and I'll post later how it goes.

9ynazanu.jpg

Someone should hard reset and see if that to changes... Actually, let me tot and update and I'll post later how it goes.

I tot'd back to ZVC and took OTA and before even rooting I had the ZVC baseband or the ZVD baseband with the same number as ZVC.  If you're going all in, might want to try ZV8. lol

I tot'd back to ZVC and took OTA and before even rooting I had the ZVC baseband or the ZVD baseband with the same number as ZVC. If you're going all in, might want to try ZV8. lol

Got busy last night but I'm gonna go to ZV7 and see what happens today.

I tot'd back to ZVC and took OTA and before even rooting I had the ZVC baseband or the ZVD baseband with the same number as ZVC. If you're going all in, might want to try ZV8. lol

So, as to not quote myself.. Lol

I ran the ZV7 tot and can confirm there was no baseband change from ZV7 to ZV8, it changed from ZV8 to ZVA as well as from ZVA to ZVC but did not from ZVC to ZVD.

So, as to not quote myself.. Lol

I ran the ZV7 tot and can confirm there was no baseband change from ZV7 to ZV8, it changed from ZV8 to ZVA as well as from ZVA to ZVC but did not from ZVC to ZVD.

So then is there really an issue when people are saying that they are getting stuck on 3G and it not switching back over to LTE?

So then is there really an issue when people are saying that they are getting stuck on 3G and it not switching back over to LTE?

I'll leave that to someone that is on ZVD to answer. I just did that experiment to see about baseband. I'm on ZVC as we released our finished rom tonight. I'll probably move to ZVD later this week.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the issue is real. I switched to LTE/CDMA for my network mode and that seemed to help a bit but still not back to what it used to be before the update. It almost seems like they messed with the priority and have the phone connect to and stay on 3G if its any amount of a stronger signal than LTE.

Unfortunately the issue is real. I switched to LTE/CDMA for my network mode and that seemed to help a bit but still not back to what it used to be before the update. It almost seems like they messed with the priority and have the phone connect to and stay on 3G if its any amount of a stronger signal than LTE.

Agreed, after the update I'm not connecting to LTE as well as before. This and not getting Wifi Calling are very disappointing. I haven't changed the timing in the LTE menu as another user in the thread did yet. Supposedly that helps

Agreed, after the update I'm not connecting to LTE as well as before. This and not getting Wifi Calling are very disappointing. I haven't changed the timing in the LTE menu as another user in the thread did yet. Supposedly that helps

I tried setting the LTE timing as well and didn't help me. I'm almost wondering if a factory reset is in order.

I tried setting the LTE timing as well and didn't help me. I'm almost wondering if a factory reset is in order.

If you can wait, don't factory reset.  My G2 is out for GPS service.  I wiped the phone before I sent it in.  When I get it back I am going to do a fresh install of everything.  I can let you know if the problem still exists, if you can wait that long. 

If you can wait, don't factory reset. My G2 is out for GPS service. I wiped the phone before I sent it in. When I get it back I am going to do a fresh install of everything. I can let you know if the problem still exists, if you can wait that long.

I can wait and thanks for the heads up.

My HTC resized and spaced words so that all the words would fit and all I would have to do is scroll down. Does the G2 do the same?

Are you talking about text in a browser? I use Chrome and it spaces text just fine and that is not phone specific.

I'm on ZVC as we released our finished rom tonight.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Cool, downloading now, will flash tomorrow!
  • Like 1

Anyone that calls me while I'm connected to LTE (band 25 is the only one up on my area). It rings once on their end and then forwards them to my voicemail. Never ever get an indication of having received a call on my end unless they leave a voicemail. Then I get a random vm icon with no explanation.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I just got the phone back yesterday. LG replaced the board chipset because when I received calls the phone would ignore my attempts to answer it. Outgoing was fine, incoming couldn't be answered.

• Like 1