LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The less than reliable GPS is why I went from the G2 to the Nexus 5. The bad GPS was messing with my Ingress.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I guess it's anecdotal, because aside from the minor drift that exists in Ingress due to location smoothing, my G2 is usually spot on. My only issue seems to be network.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Will considering I can get one for.99 and I want to get a feel of how lg works... Coming from Sammy's...

I am just tired of the Samsung crap... And they haven't made huge strides since the note 2 and gs3. In my opinion anyway

I have had issues with my GPS in southern Virginia and in DC from time to time but not really any that have been show stoppers. I have thought about the nexus 5 versus the LG G2 and I keep coming back to the battery life. My G2 easily lasts the whole day.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I guess it's anecdotal, because aside from the minor drift that exists in Ingress due to location smoothing, my G2 is usually spot on. My only issue seems to be network.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Same here personally. Launch day G2 (I was the store's device advocate). I've never had GPS issues, and the few phones that I saw come into the store with GPS issues were fixed by slightly adjusting the contact points on the board inside the phone (like we've had to do with just about every phone released at one point or another since the Samsung Epic.

It's not exclusive to the G2, and my store saw fewer G2's with the issue than most other devices at our store (A100 tier S&R corporate store).

People simply just notice it more when that's the phone they have. I can tell you however that working with Android phones since their launch on Sprint, the G2 had fewer issues overall with hardware defects than most other phones we saw at our store. Considering we dealt with 2,000-3,000 tickets per month, we had a good sampling of devices on a daily basis.

• Like 3

Is there a way to port the lG G3 rom over to the G2? A stable verison that works with the sprint variant

I'm sure Cloudyfa will do that.  IIRC he's already working on it but I haven't actively looked for nor ran it. Check on XDA.

well so far with 2 days under my belt.....I must say....its a pretty nice phone...they have taken somethings from other phones and added to them...

Some pretty cool features....and yes its running 4.4.2 out of the box

• Like 1

Did we get a prl update recently? I'm on 51101. Also I'm noticing I can connect to 1x800 now.

It's been out for a couple weeks i think...I was able to connect to 1x800 too but 51101 is still PCS Priority over 1x800...

It's been out for a couple weeks i think...I was able to connect to 1x800 too but 51101 is still PCS Priority over 1x800...

When does it switch over?  Because at work I get like a -102dBm on CDMA 1900 and phone calls barely work.  I wish it'd kick me over to 1x 800 sooner.  

When does it switch over? Because at work I get like a -102dBm on CDMA 1900 and phone calls barely work. I wish it'd kick me over to 1x 800 sooner.

You might be able to force it over if you cycle airplane mode. You using Signal Check?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

When does it switch over?  Because at work I get like a -102dBm on CDMA 1900 and phone calls barely work.  I wish it'd kick me over to 1x 800 sooner.  

If you're at -102, then you're already fairly close to losing the signal. When you do it will automatically run through the PRL and if a 1x800 signal is available it would connect to that. It would then likely stay connected until it lost that where it would scan for 1900 again before roaming onto another carrier.

has anyone rooted with this new KK... i have looked around... but they all seem to be ify

Are you asking if anyone running ZVC software (Kitkat) on their Sprint G2 has rooted? If so, yes, lots of folks and it couldn't be easier really. It's so easy, it's sad if you have been into rooting/custom stuff for awhile. ioroot is the best (and main method) and then use Autorec to install recovery and patch up your partitions so you have download mode.

Once rooted, I recommend this rom by Team d3rp, they seem like pretty decent guys and I hear the rom is pretty sweet and solid as stock.

• Like 1

Are you asking if anyone running ZVC software (Kitkat) on their Sprint G2 has rooted? If so, yes, lots of folks and it couldn't be easier really. It's so easy, it's sad if you have been into rooting/custom stuff for awhile. ioroot is the best (and main method) and then use Autorec to install recovery and patch up your partitions so you have download mode.

Once rooted, I recommend this rom by Team d3rp, they seem like pretty decent guys and I hear the rom is pretty sweet and solid as stock.

i have dabbled in it a little...mostly for sammys...

But it takes me for ever to sometimes figure out the acronyms of things.....I can follow videos real well, but the typed stuff...ehhh

I dont mind the stock, other then i want to get my 513 prl back, and delete some crap off of it....

i have dabbled in it a little...mostly for sammys...

But it takes me for ever to sometimes figure out the acronyms of things.....I can follow videos real well, but the typed stuff...ehhh

I dont mind the stock, other then i want to get my 513 prl back, and delete some crap off of it....

Rooting this device... Well, I could probably walk my 7yr old through the process over the phone. Granted, he's no slouch when it comes to tech but it's ridiculously easy to root and load recovery on this device.

If you don't mind a little effort it is not hard to find the information at all.

Everything you need is in the XDA Forums at http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2

Look in the development section. The topics of interest are;

- IOroot to get the drivers you need installed and then a script that handles the rooting process for you.

- Autorec to put an app on your phone that will install TWRP recovery which gets you able to back, restore your ROM and flash custom ROM.

You mentioned flashing PRL. No root required. You need your MSL code. Also this information is on the forum. If you search LG g2 flash prl you should find it.

After flashing Samsung for 2 years I understand where you're coming from. This is the tried and true methods you need.

• Like 1

If you're at -102, then you're already fairly close to losing the signal.

Lol. I almost never seen better than -100 indoor or outdoor. Right now I'm at -111 and I'm less than 1/2 mile from a tower I can see from the window.

Same at home. I'm about 1/2 mile from the tower and I bounce between 800/1900 so much I had to turn the notification on signal check off.

So I called Sprint to get my msl and they said no it's against company policy. They think I will switch to another carrier. I can't find even on Google another way to get it. Any help would be great. Thanks

So I called Sprint to get my msl and they said no it's against company policy. They think I will switch to another carrier. I can't find even on Google another way to get it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Do you have the KK update?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2521276

Sent from my iCrap using Tapatalk