LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Can you reference where you saw about the moving the contacts to fix GPS? My G2 has terrible GPS and can take 10 mintues to lock on if it ever does.

Mine was the same way, eventually what led me to the Nexus 5. Ingress and bad GPS don't mix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine was the same way, eventually what led me to the Nexus 5. Ingress and bad GPS don't mix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I play pretty heavily on my G2 and don't have any gps fix issues. A few meters counts when resonator placement is on the line.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you reference where you saw about the moving the contacts to fix GPS?   My G2 has terrible GPS and can take 10 mintues to lock on if it ever does.

Not sure if this will work but I'm gonna try.  

• Like 1

i did it and it works great on my g2, we were lost in Westwood nj and barely had any 3g and still was able to lock my location for navigation better than my brothers tmobile gs4 with 4g

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Can you reference where you saw about the moving the contacts to fix GPS? My G2 has terrible GPS and can take 10 mintues to lock on if it ever does.

In the video posted above, you'll see the guy messing with the contacts on the battery cover. I didn't touch those at all. Where those contacts meet the phone, that's what I messed with. They are incredibly small, fragile contacts. Use something really thin and sharp to bend them upwards. A razor blade will work. There are 6 of them around the edge of the phone. When I say they're fragile, I mean it. Be careful. My nexus 5 has phenomenal GPS, and now my g2 is the same way.
  • Like 2

well i tried to move the contacts,  I noticed that there is a nice gash in the contact and on top of that it looks like the contacts are touching each other on the case,   (no black rubber inbetween.)

on top of that one of the spring contacts on the phone itself is all bent to hell.  Needless to say after I put it back together,  there was no change in GPS lock time.

and it looks like I will be heading back to sprint for an exchange.  I hope i dont have to do an Insurance claim on it due to it being a manufacturer defect from the factory.   other than the GPS issue I LOVE my G2 and I am heavily antisipating what they do with the soon to be (officially) announced G3.

Sprint Techs,  what are my odds of getting it replaced vs Insurance?

I was checking system updates under the LG software and this popped up, I don't know what it's for.

http://imgur.com/p95B1Kk

Unable to attach photo pic so here's the link to it on IMGUR.

Edited by Maverick

In the Sprint community forum, Social Care kept referencing an update. I asked them if they had a date when this update would come and the response I received is below. Hoping this is true..This device needs a lot of help!!

18. Re: 4G LTE problems with LG G2 Nationwide - a phone issue NOT Network!!!
46.png?a=50508 icon_sprintMark_24x24px.png
SprintCare May 8, 2014 10:43 AM (in response to JSo15)
JSo15, The release date for the software update is May 31, 2014. For more information on this release, please visit http://bit.ly/1uFTPk0 for more information. Thanks. Crystal Sprint Social Care 

Any other sources reference this soon update?

Is there something different about the ear plug connection?  Every earplug falls out of my phone.

Check to see if there is pocket lent in there. I had some in my and had to get it out.

Is there something different about the ear plug connection?  Every earplug falls out of my phone.

Are you using a case? I have trouble with mine when the case is on it so I have to remove case if I'm going to be moving around a bunch. 

I just tried this action now. Marked/scratched up sides of the phone. Hopefully, this trouble fixes the GPS issue. :(

That "bending the contacts" trick worked for my first g2, then stopped working. Got a replacement g2, GPS didn't work, did that fix, GPS worked for few days, then stopped again. Something isn't right, and I'm thinking it's on a software and hardware level. I need reliable location services at work, so I bought an m8 online last night. It's a shame because I love the g2. The battery is amazing.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

Has the problem with group messages coming across as single messages been addressed? The solution I saw on the Sprint page was to remove third party messaging apps. Suggestions?

From what I understand it is a stock messaging issue depending on your carrier. On sprint, the stock messaging app doesn't group messages. I use Textra for that reason. Google hangouts also works. I was hoping the Android update would have fixed that, but it didn't.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I did a complete wipe and installed kitkat stock rom rooted and it works flawless.  Battery life is better than ever before.  I can go 14 hours easy with moderate usage and multiple push email accounts and still have 80% plus battery. 

I am sure this has been discussed but I cracked the screen on my G2.  I believe it is just the glass and digitizer but I am not sure if it goes all the way to the LCD.  I cannot find anyone local in Cleveland, Ohio who can replace this screen quickly.  One place in the mall said they could do it but it could take 6 days and cost would be $100 for glass and digitizer and $160 if LCD is also bad.  I see online I can buy the glass and digitizer for approx $25 and the whole package with LCD for approx $100 but I am still waiting multiple days for it and I am weary about replacing the screen myself.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know of where I can get the screen replaced today.  The phone is useless as the digitizer is completely broken and I use it for work and need it back asap.

I had contemplated just buying a Nexus 5 but I cannot find anywhere that will sell it to me for $399 as Google would but again I have to wait for shipping then and I hate to go to the smaller battery and lose some of the Sprint apps/features I like for example their visual voicemail.  Has anyone had experience buying one locally for $399 for 32GB?

Thank you everyone in advance for your help/suggestions.