LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So I can go back that way even if I'm I ZVC? Just flashing a ZVA rom? It won't brick my phone?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'll start by saying, why on earth would I tell you something that would brick your phone? :)

Second, you need to flash a ZVA rom AND ZVA modem in the same recovery session and you'll be set.  I don't know what state your phone is in (rooted, stock rom etc) but yes, just rom and radio is needed to downgrade as the ZVC firmware other than radio seems to be backwards compatible. 

Go here for ZVA modem/radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451426 

and choose the ZVA rom of your liking. Remember, BOTH in same session. 

1. I have done it

2. Our testers have done it

3. I'm sure many others have as well

• Like 2

I'll start by saying, why on earth would I tell you something that would brick your phone? :)

Second, you need to flash a ZVA rom AND ZVA modem in the same recovery session and you'll be set. I don't know what state your phone is in (rooted, stock rom etc) but yes, just rom and radio is needed to downgrade as the ZVC firmware other than radio seems to be backwards compatible.

Go here for ZVA modem/radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451426

and choose the ZVA rom of your liking. Remember, BOTH in same session.

1. I have done it

2. Our testers have done it

3. I'm sure many others have as well

thank you, im on a zva rom now (bareback) [emoji5]

• Like 1

thank you, im on a zva rom now (bareback) [emoji5]

That's my baby! Let me know if you have any questions come up of need to restore anything. We have some restore zips done already (found in thread) but I never know if there could be others needed if no one asks.  :)

Oh, I should have said, you may need to shut down band 26 and 41 to actually help your phone stop the connectivity issues.  This may not work either way though, I can attest to the same behavior in my market as the old legacy was being phased out and NV equipment was coming online. You might not dodge the connectivity woes BUT do know, it got Much MUCH better after the dust settled. 

• Like 1

The only issue I'm having is the play store give me some error when trying to install apps

You could try going to settings>apps slide over to all tab, find google play services select it and clear cache. See if that helps. Sometimes the play app itself has to update. Also rebooting the phone once seems to restart services correctly.

You could try going to settings>apps slide over to all tab, find google play services select it and clear cache. See if that helps. Sometimes the play app itself has to update. Also rebooting the phone once seems to restart services correctly.

I tried that already, but I'm thinking is ESPN apps the ones not working I tried a different app and it downloaded it

SO i am now waiting on my G2 to come.....(getting as a prelude to a possible G3) 

where is the meat and potatoes of the dialer codes etc..???

or do i need to sift through 252 pages  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

on the "newer" G2 is there still GPS issues?

I bought my LG G2 from Amazon in April 2014.

The GPS is reliable about 50% of the time. Very annoying. Opening the phone and modifying the contacts did not work for me either.

To get a G2 now doesn't make sense when all the band 26 eCSFB issues are going on,GPS issues and the fact that the G3 comes out next month

At least the issues with the G2 are known. What kind of wizardry awaits those who get the G3?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

At least the issues with the G2 are known. What kind of wizardry awaits those who get the G3?

yes but when the G3 comes out support for the G2 will take a back seat. in other words G2 issues may never be fixed but there is hope for the G3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yes but when the G3 comes out support for the G2 will take a back seat. in other words G2 issues may never be fixed but there is hope for the G3

I think that was true in the past, but look at software support for a phone like the S3. It's getting better as we get phones that font sunset as quickly as, say the Evo Design.

I think that was true in the past, but look at software support for a phone like the S3. It's getting better as we get phones that font sunset as quickly as, say the Evo Design.

That's Samsung. We are talking about LG and they don't have a good update history for updating old flagships

That's Samsung. We are talking about LG and they don't have a good update history for updating old flagships

I hope Samsung and HTC can kind of shame them into supplying updates. Or that the required TowelRoot update might be bundled.

But if I had wanted the latest available software, I would have bought a N5.

To get a G2 now doesn't make sense when all the band 26 eCSFB issues are going on,GPS issues and the fact that the G3 comes out next month

Neither band 26 nor eCSFB issues are a "G2" issue, it is one that if in a market that is still rolling out, will effect any and all tri-band devices, including the G3.  

Truuuuu, there is always something. :)

To be fair, LG hadn't had the greatest track record with updating ANY device sans LG G2.  Hopefully they continue the trend and support for a full 2yr like we have seen HTC commit to.  I will say, we have been treated very well over the almost year that the G2 has been available and I for one, won't be walking away from it. G3 is beast, but not enough to totally eclipse G2,... now, if rumors of G3 Prime are true, that would be a proper update from G2 but we shall see.... we shall see.  

• Like 1

I know I was saying at least some devices have the option of lte only mode or flash a new radio while the g2 has to remain on jelly bean to get LTE only mode.

Neither band 26 nor eCSFB issues are a "G2" issue, it is one that if in a market that is still rolling out, will effect any and all tri-band devices, including the G3.

Truuuuu, there is always something. :)

To be fair, LG hadn't had the greatest track record with updating ANY device sans LG G2. Hopefully they continue the trend and support for a full 2yr like we have seen HTC commit to. I will say, we have been treated very well over the almost year that the G2 has been available and I for one, won't be walking away from it. G3 is beast, but not enough to totally eclipse G2,... now, if rumors of G3 Prime are true, that would be a proper update from G2 but we shall see.... we shall see.

oh hey a few things.....

on the "newer" G2 is there still GPS issues?

and is the KK really that big of a pita??

just from the little i have read

Even though ppl have reported GPS issues. I have 3 G2s in my household and I have had no GPS issues as of YET.

No problems with my G2's GPS, and I play Ingress, which relies heavily on it. It gets a better fix than my Nexus 7.

The less than reliable GPS is why I went from the G2 to the Nexus 5. The bad GPS was messing with my Ingress.