LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

"LG2 VS980 Known Manufacture Defect on Batch. "  

Even though the display is sharp, clear and high resolution, a known defect for a certain batch is that .5 inch edge to edge section near the top becomes completely unresponsive to touch. LG doesn't admit this and requires you to pay to have it shipped to Texas for testing. Even though by the IMEI they know your phone is one of those in the batch. A customer loses the use of their cell phone for a few weeks. This is a major customer support catastrophe.

Out side of that, the phone's quad core responds really fast. No delays or pausing will loading apps. The video works really well as long as you hold the phone really steady.

"LG2 VS980 Known Manufacture Defect on Batch. "  

Even though the display is sharp, clear and high resolution, a known defect for a certain batch is that .5 inch edge to edge section near the top becomes completely unresponsive to touch. LG doesn't admit this and requires you to pay to have it shipped to Texas for testing. Even though by the IMEI they know your phone is one of those in the batch. A customer loses the use of their cell phone for a few weeks. This is a major customer support catastrophe.

Out side of that, the phone's quad core responds really fast. No delays or pausing will loading apps. The video works really well as long as you hold the phone really steady.

That's Verizon's version. 

And do you have a source?  Couldn't find anything stating the same thing on Google.

• Like 2

HELP!

Sometime after updating my LG G2 with the Spark Update, my pull down menu will sometimes freeze for a very long time (maybe 30 seconds).  Sometimes it works just fine, but other times it just gets stuck.  I tried a hard reset (factory reset) a few times, but it still freezes way too much.  I will be calling LG, but didn't know if anyone else had any similar issues.  

I have tried a google search & search in this forum, but didn't find anything. 

Any Help?

Thanks, I'll look for the download & instructions (sure I can find it somewhere), but if anyone has it, please go ahead & post :)

I did try one more factory reset last night.  Seemed to help for a few min, but started freezing again before I did anything other than just update various standard apps included.

How is the radio on the LG G2? I'm trying to decide between the LG G2 and Nexus 5. Signal is very important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have B41, the G2 appears to be better. For B25/26, the N5 appears to be a monster.

I've owned both and I definitely think the n5 had the better radio overall, but I like the G2 more because of size, button placement, and battery.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Anyone else have issues with data locking up in fringe/weak LTE areas?  Most of the areas I'm in don't have LTE and occasionally I'll pick up a weak LTE signal on my phone. -105 to -118 or so.  When this happens my data is unavailable. When cycling airplane mode, the phone gets "stuck" with LTE data on (according to Signal Check and the status bar) for a couple minutes after the airplane mode notice box pops up.  After that couple minutes, the LTE signal icon on Signal Check and the status bar go away.  

This is incredibly annoying because LTE is far from build-out in my work/commute/live areas.  Any tips or suggestions?  I'm stock, unrooted.

This thing... I'm in livonia and looking at my map and it's saying I'm in Shreveport... Useless.. Might try to mess with the sensors later to fix the signal but this sucks..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone else have issues with data locking up in fringe/weak LTE areas?  Most of the areas I'm in don't have LTE and occasionally I'll pick up a weak LTE signal on my phone. -105 to -118 or so.  When this happens my data is unavailable. When cycling airplane mode, the phone gets "stuck" with LTE data on (according to Signal Check and the status bar) for a couple minutes after the airplane mode notice box pops up.  After that couple minutes, the LTE signal icon on Signal Check and the status bar go away.  

This is incredibly annoying because LTE is far from build-out in my work/commute/live areas.  Any tips or suggestions?  I'm stock, unrooted.

Why not turn LTE off in the short term? My experience when having spotty LTE connections was way better on 3G with upgraded sites than waiting on LTE to connect and disconnect. Probably not the answer you're looking for but a good option.

• Like 1

It's not so much that it is locking up, rather the phone is able to connect to a fringe signal, but it doesn't have enough power to actually use that connection at that signal level. It can happen to any of the devices really. The only real way to "fix" that would be to complete the network buildout, or to artificially limit the phone by having it drop LTE when it reaches a certain level even though it is still getting a signal (not sure if there is even a mechanism to do this since I've never heard of it before).

• Like 1

It's not so much that it is locking up, rather the phone is able to connect to a fringe signal, but it doesn't have enough power to actually use that connection at that signal level. It can happen to any of the devices really. The only real way to "fix" that would be to complete the network buildout, or to artificially limit the phone by having it drop LTE when it reaches a certain level even though it is still getting a signal (not sure if there is even a mechanism to do this since I've never heard of it before).

Why not turn LTE off in the short term? My experience when having spotty LTE connections was way better on 3G with upgraded sites than waiting on LTE to connect and disconnect. Probably not the answer you're looking for but a good option.

Thanks to you both for the replies.  In the meantime, I'll turn off LTE in flakey areas.

I just had to say that Team d3rp SuperG2 is pretty awesome. I've been running it for a week now and it is stable and fast. I'd recommend that anyone give it a try.

• Like 2

I just had to say that Team d3rp SuperG2 is pretty awesome. I've been running it for a week now and it is stable and fast. I'd recommend that anyone give it a try.

Thanks! We're just getting started.  :tu:

This might not be the absolute best place to ask, but how the heck can I get a custom recovery on my rooted G2? FreeGee says ZVC is not supported and Flashify just returns a secure boot error on restart. What am I doing wrong? I'm no newbie when it comes to root/flash/recovery software and tools. I've rooted every Android device I own, and I'm stuck on this one.

This might not be the absolute best place to ask, but how the heck can I get a custom recovery on my rooted G2? FreeGee says ZVC is not supported and Flashify just returns a secure boot error on restart. What am I doing wrong? I'm no newbie when it comes to root/flash/recovery software and tools. I've rooted every Android device I own, and I'm stuck on this one.

This should get you going.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2715496

Was thinking of getting the LG G2. It's between that and the Nexus 5. I know it has a bigger screen, better battery and better camera but the LG UI has me worried. The one reason why I don't use Samsung is the Touchwiz UI and I'm not sure how the LG UI is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was thinking of getting the LG G2. It's between that and the Nexus 5. I know it has a bigger screen, better battery and better camera but the LG UI has me worried. The one reason why I don't use Samsung is the Touchwiz UI and I'm not sure how the LG UI is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Was with you after using HTC Sense and TouchWiz for years (HTC Hero, Samsung Spic, Galaxy S2, HTC EVO LTE, Galaxy S3) and I find the LG interface doesn't get in the way as much as the others. You can always install a third-party launcher app, or use a custom ROM that utilizes the stock Android interface instead.

• Like 2

The difference between the LG interface and something like TouchWiz is the fact that my G2 never lags but using a Samsung device can be painful at times

• Like 1

How is the radio on the LG G2? I'm trying to decide between the LG G2 and Nexus 5. Signal is very important

Hi Terry - I'm a little late to the party, as I had eye surgery a little while ago and it has cut into my forum-reading time (as well as minor things like work and family time :P ).

I was pretty much exactly in your shoes a few months ago, switching from a HTC Evo to either the G2 or the N5. I went with the G2 in early April.

To answer your first question: I also live in a fringe area with a relatively weak signal, and RF reception is very important to me (and band 41 is not yet live in my area). I've been very pleased with the LTE performance of the G2 so far; it seems to grab a signal better than the Evo, and hold onto it longer (I've had good results with a signal as weak as -118 dBm). Some people have complained that the G2 holds onto LTE too long, refusing to switch to 3G even when LTE is unusable, but I have yet to experience that myself.

Besides the radio, I pretty much have to agree with everything that Ascertion said above (post #4985).

As for your second question, I had very little trouble adjusting to the LG UI from Sense, although I did miss some of the Sense widgets. And I was just getting to like Blinkfeed, which I had on my phone for just a few weeks before moving on to the G2. But honestly, after I got the G2 set up the way wanted it, I switched back to using Nova Prime as my regular launcher. The biggest difference (for me , anyway) was losing the knock-off feature, which works differently in Nova - you can only tap the notification bar, not just anywhere on the screen. Knock-on works just fine under Nova.

Hi Terry - I'm a little late to the party, as I had eye surgery a little while ago and it has cut into my forum-reading time (as well as minor things like work and family time :P ).

I was pretty much exactly in your shoes a few months ago, switching from a HTC Evo to either the G2 or the N5. I went with the G2 in early April.

To answer your first question: I also live in a fringe area with a relatively weak signal, and RF reception is very important to me (and band 41 is not yet live in my area). I've been very pleased with the LTE performance of the G2 so far; it seems to grab a signal better than the Evo, and hold onto it longer (I've had good results with a signal as weak as -118 dBm). Some people have complained that the G2 holds onto LTE too long, refusing to switch to 3G even when LTE is unusable, but I have yet to experience that myself.

Besides the radio, I pretty much have to agree with everything that Ascertion said above (post #4985).

As for your second question, I had very little trouble adjusting to the LG UI from Sense, although I did miss some of the Sense widgets. And I was just getting to like Blinkfeed, which I had on my phone for just a few weeks before moving on to the G2. But honestly, after I got the G2 set up the way wanted it, I switched back to using Nova Prime as my regular launcher. The biggest difference (for me , anyway) was losing the knock-off feature, which works differently in Nova - you can only tap the notification bar, not just anywhere on the screen. Knock-on works just fine under Nova.

Try the app "Screen off and Lock" and tie it to your double tap gesture to restore the tap off functionality.

• Like 1