LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Wow, never mind.. I just figured it out.. That was easier than I made it out to be.. So on the top row of options you enable the q slide push button, then press it and it removes the q slide bar.. Then just remove it from the top row options and it's done...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I just bought a used G2 but it didnt come with the LTE sim. My local Sprint store says that will cost $35 to replace. Is there any way to get it cheaper? Can I just buy the sim and do it myself? My Sprint store wants to put it in for me.

I've been watching for one to pop up on ebay for $20 or less but so far no luck.

I just bought a used G2 but it didnt come with the LTE sim. My local Sprint store says that will cost $35 to replace. Is there any way to get it cheaper? Can I just buy the sim and do it myself? My Sprint store wants to put it in for me.

I've been watching for one to pop up on ebay for $20 or less but so far no luck.

I've gotten sims for free all the time from Sprint. Sounds like a greedy store.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

yeah they are free i got a g2 from ebay and i had to go to a corporate store to get it, a third party sprint store refused to give a sim card, they were like sprint phones don't have sim cards

• Like 1

Sent from my LG-LS980

yeah they are free i got a g2 from ebay and i had to go to a corporate store to get it, a third party sprint store refused to give a sim card, they were like sprint phones don't have sim cards

Do I have to say something other than "I bought a used phone without a sim?"

I'm not sure how to tell if a store is a corporate store.

i just walked in and ask for a sim card to activate my phone

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Worst case scenario, you can call Sprint international and have them send you a Simcard for the G2.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

Unless I am mistaken or things have changed recently, go here and enter your zip code and if it just says "Sprint store" then its a corporate store. 

According to what I've been told, a corporate store is one that just has "Sprint Store" in its name in the results of that page as oppose to "Sprint Dealer - xTel Wireless" (or whatever other name after the dash)

TS

If you are in Cypress Texas like your profile says then this came up as the Corporate store nearest there. 

25845 Us Hwy 290 Out Parcel C

Cypress, TX 77429

Phone: (281) 894-1583

Worst case scenario, you can call Sprint international and have them send you a Simcard for the G2.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I've done this already.  No hassle whatsoever and they sent it to me in 2 days.  If the Sprint reseller will not give you a SIM card, then they don't deserve you future business either!

The folks at Sprint International are very accommodating. 

Unless I am mistaken or things have changed recently, go here and enter your zip code and if it just says "Sprint store" then its a corporate store. 

According to what I've been told, a corporate store is one that just has "Sprint Store" in its name in the results of that page as oppose to "Sprint Dealer - xTel Wireless" (or whatever other name after the dash)

TS

If you are in Cypress Texas like your profile says then this came up as the Corporate store nearest there. 

25845 Us Hwy 290 Out Parcel C

Cypress, TX 77429

Phone: (281) 894-1583

yeah thats the one that said $35. I'll try to stop by again this weekend and try again.

I've done this already.  No hassle whatsoever and they sent it to me in 2 days.  If the Sprint reseller will not give you a SIM card, then they don't deserve you future business either!

where can I find the phone number to Sprint International? Why International instead of just regular Sprint customer service?

Why International instead of just regular Sprint customer service?

Because when you call the domestic line you get someone from overseas, and if you call the international service line you get someone here in the USA. Go figure.  

I kid i kid.

:P

TS

• Like 1

where can I find the phone number to Sprint International? Why International instead of just regular Sprint customer service?

1-888-226-7212

I just picked up a G2 off of Craigslist and Sprint gave me a free sim.  Apparently you need a spark enabled sim, as the first store I went to couldn't get the standard sim to work.  Go to a Sprint store with service technicians and they will give it to you for free.

I'm in Houston too.  I went to the Willowbrook location next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

I just picked up a G2 and Sprint gave me a free sim.  Apparently you need a spark enabled sim, as the first store I went to couldn't get the standard sim to work.  Go to a Sprint store with service technicians and they will give it to you for free.

I'm in Houston too.  I went to the Willowbrook location next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4845-uicc-compatibility-matrix/

The UICC Compatibility Matrix shows what card works in what phones ,and includes the orderable UPC for the corporate Sprint retail system. Third Party, online, etc may use the other corresponding numbers instead.

• Like 2

I don't know of anyone with an N5. I like the g2 and I would have got the nexus of it wasn't for knock on and the ir blaster. Is there any way to change the threshold of when it connects to 1x 800? I think if that was fixed id be OK with it for awhile. I bet the nexus would work at my desk because I get a faint LTE right outside my door. I just want to stream all access all day long! I've been waiting for 800 LTE for 2 years and dang, what a disappointment. Also I've had this thing plugged into a 1amp charger pretty much all day since 6 and it only went from 10% to 80% now. Charger problem?

A lot of this is caused by being at the edge off service which always uses more battery on any phone. The charger is also not powerful enough. Also use the LG cable as this phone is very fussy about that

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

Oh, yeah, now that I read his post again, it was a little mix and mashed and maybe on accident.  He said 1x800 but I think "maybe" he was just talking about 800 in general since he was talking about LTE at his desk and streaming all day. 

Just so it's clear for him (*I know you understand) 1x800 could be change by using one of the custom PRL's floating around here and LTE on 800 (band 26) its going to be a bit of a challenge to do what you want and not mess anything else up.

I'll have to check out some custom prls. It connects to 1x 800 sometimes but roams way more than my s3. handoffs between 25 and 26 are very smooth tho. The only major problem I have is it getting stuck on 3g and just like my evo LTE having to cycle airplane mode to connect to 4g. Are there any fixes for that? Might be looking for an N5.

I just picked up a G2 off of Craigslist and Sprint gave me a free sim.  Apparently you need a spark enabled sim, as the first store I went to couldn't get the standard sim to work.  Go to a Sprint store with service technicians and they will give it to you for free.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Went to my local Sprint store today and they said they didnt have any. Didnt even seem interested to help me. And then the lead tech says that if they had any they would charge me $75 for it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'll try calling Sprint International today if I dont make it to another store.

Went to my local Sprint store today and they said they didnt have any. Didnt even seem interested to help me. And then the lead tech says that if they had any they would charge me $75 for it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'll try calling Sprint International today if I dont make it to another store.

When I bought my n5 a month ago, she said, "at least you're buying it from us, and not Google. We have people coming in here for a Sim card and we're not allowed to give them one. Only replacement Sims if it's defective." And this was a corporate store.

Sent from my Nexus 5

yeah sprint workers they are not the smartest people, i was at the shopping center and is a sprint store there so i was checking the new phones, and a couple tried to buy a phone with out service pay in full, they said it was for present and the sales rep was like im sorry we dont sale unlocked phones for that you have to go t mobile, i cant sale you a phone with out a 24 month agreement. my advise to you dont go back to that store

finally, after speaking to three different people, arguing with the last one about the G2 needing a sim (she said no), getting disconnected and then called back (that was nice), I have a sim on order. However, its on back order so it may be a little while until I get it.

thanks for the help guys, I'll be back when I activate the G2 and need to complain about something. :)

• Like 1

yeah sprint workers they are not the smartest people...

like anywhere, it all depends on who you get. Had no problems at my store.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

finally, after speaking to three different people, arguing with the last one about the G2 needing a sim (she said no), getting disconnected and then called back (that was nice), I have a sim on order. However, its on back order so it may be a little while until I get it.

thanks for the help guys, I'll be back when I activate the G2 and need to complain about something. :)

That really sucks that you had to go through all that hassle! What a PITA!