LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Was thinking of getting the LG G2. It's between that and the Nexus 5. I know it has a bigger screen, better battery and better camera but the LG UI has me worried. The one reason why I don't use Samsung is the Touchwiz UI and I'm not sure how the LG UI is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will say that the G2 has a better 3G radio than the N5.  1x/3G is better on the G2.  Band 25 is better on the N5, which is currently like 90% of Sprint's network.  But, the G2 isn't a slouch when it comes to LTE performance, either.  Both are great.  The G2 UI is definitely no eye candy compared to AOSP, but you can flash AOSP ROMs on the G2 (if you're going the rooting route.)  Otherwise, if software cosmetics are important, then you should probably go with the N5.

I will say that the G2 has a better 3G radio than the N5.  1x/3G is better on the G2.  Band 25 is better on the N5, which is currently like 90% of Sprint's network.  But, the G2 isn't a slouch when it comes to LTE performance, either.  Both are great.  The G2 UI is definitely no eye candy compared to AOSP, but you can flash AOSP ROMs on the G2 (if you're going the rooting route.)  Otherwise, if software cosmetics are important, then you should probably go with the N5.

After the update 1x/3g has improved a bit, I felel the Nexus 5 is a better RF performer than the g2 now. Especially since its spark capable.

After the update 1x/3g has improved a bit, I felel the Nexus 5 is a better RF performer than the g2 now. Especially since its spark capable.

You may be right. I know that Nexus basebands can really make a huge difference. I had the N5 in November/December and I can't comment on performance with later software updates.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I love my G2. Now that it is rooted, it is an absolute beast. It just sucks, because my laptop screen at work looks like garbage now after being used to my G2 and I don't see how I can go back to another phone that didn't have knock on/off and buttons on the back.

• Like 1

Try the app "Screen off and Lock" and tie it to your double tap gesture to restore the tap off functionality.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Good point. I've actually had the paid-for version of Screen Off and Lock on my last couple of devices, but now I've given it up in favor of knock-off. I personally don't have a problem with it only working in the notification area with Nova; I just wanted to mention it because other users have complained about it.

• Like 1

Saw a post a while back about an update that was supposed to start rolling out on 3/31 ( http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?question_box=lg%20g2%20update&id16=lg%20g2%20update). I haven't seen the update yet but I'm curious why the Sprint site says its version ZVB when I've been running ZVC for a while. Are their version #s messed up or something?

Saw a post a while back about an update that was supposed to start rolling out on 3/31 ( http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?question_box=lg%20g2%20update&id16=lg%20g2%20update). I haven't seen the update yet but I'm curious why the Sprint site says its version ZVB when I've been running ZVC for a while. Are their version #s messed up or something?

ZVC is the most recent version (Android 4.4.2). Not sure why, but the Sprint page you linked to was last updated on 21 March, which was a week or so before ZVC started rolling out. You'd think Sprint would have updated the page by now.

ZVC is the most recent version (Android 4.4.2). Not sure why, but the Sprint page you linked to was last updated on 21 March, which was a week or so before ZVC started rolling out. You'd think Sprint would have updated the page by now.

Yeah, originally was suppose to be ZVB and Sprint, as we have seen many times before, screwed up the update page. I'd be telling a lie if I said I was surprised it's not fixed. Lol

Disappointment. I chose not to install KK but even with that I shouldn't be getting raped like this.

pehumena.jpg

ejuvyre4.jpg

eradu4u3.jpg

Disappointment. I chose not to install KK but even with that I shouldn't be getting raped like this.

pehumena.jpg

ejuvyre4.jpg

eradu4u3.jpg

Huh? I see the blue in notification bar so I think you are saying you are still on ZVA and looks like Google Services is acting up. I will tell you that I have NOT ever seen services issues since I upgraded to ZVC, seems like a couple months back. I saw it plenty on ZVA and no known cause or sure fire fix and just had to sit it out

Why are you not updating to ZVC?

Huh? I see the blue in notification bar so I think you are saying you are still on ZVA and looks like Google Services is acting up. I will tell you that I have NOT ever seen services issues since I upgraded to ZVC, seems like a couple months back. I saw it plenty on ZVA and no known cause or sure fire fix and just had to sit it out

Why are you not updating to ZVC?

Probably because you can't set the phone to LTE Only with ZVC to get around eCSFB issues.

That is exactly why I'm not updating halcyoncmdr. Parent of 3 kids here need to be able to get to LTE sometimes. My market is actively deploying B26 and we keep track of our towers here so we know what is active. 

Glad my market is LTE launched and those troubles are a thing of the past. We track very closely here so I have to say, if it was 6 months ago, I wouldn't have upgraded to ZVC either (I did a ton of reporting in LTE Only mode) but it's good to go now.

Glad my market is LTE launched and those troubles are a thing of the past. We track very closely here so I have to say, if it was 6 months ago, I wouldn't have upgraded to ZVC either (I did a ton of reporting in LTE Only mode) but it's good to go now.

We are launched but they are deploying B26. At the time of KK we were still getting information and now it is B26 is my issue. 

how do you enable LTE only mode?

I did not update yet

5689#*980#

IOT

System Selection

LTE

Hey guys if I tot to ZVC, can I tot back to ZVA?

yes, if you find a tot for it... might have to tot to v8 then ota to VA

• Like 1

yes, if you find a tot for it... might have to tot to v8 then ota to VA

I found it, just downloading now, I live in Denver and 4g it's on the works so my phone keeps losing data all the time

I found it, just downloading now, I live in Denver and 4g it's on the works so my phone keeps losing data all the time

Are you rooted? If so, just flash ZVA rom and radio.  I mean, tot is easy if you've done it before (which you have) but flashing rom is lot easier and no need to back up you storage so you don't lose everything. :)

• Like 2