LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

My keyboard freezes and I cannot type.  My default is swype. 

I use google keyboard that has swype enabled on it. No issues with it. It is a third party app, so you need to download it.

@mikejeep

Just curious. I keep seeing screenshots on other devices showing the Band they're connected to. Is that possible on the G2 or is there a software limitation? I use signal check pro and don't see any update or setting for it on the G2.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980

@mikejeep

Just curious. I keep seeing screenshots on other devices showing the Band they're connected to. Is that possible on the G2 or is there a software limitation? I use signal check pro and don't see any update or setting for it on the G2.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980

Mine does it sometimes. If I connect to B41 then drop to B25 it won't let go of the B41 in the Sprint Provider even though I'm on B25.

finally, after speaking to three different people, arguing with the last one about the G2 needing a sim (she said no), getting disconnected and then called back (that was nice), I have a sim on order. However, its on back order so it may be a little while until I get it.

thanks for the help guys, I'll be back when I activate the G2 and need to complain about something. :)

I had the same problem. After calling all the corporate stores and having the same argument "the G2 doesn't need a SIM", I called non-corp stores and they at least KNEW a SIM was needed. I did find one with the card in stock. I was treated better at a non-corp store than a corp store if you add all my corp store visits up, one trip outshined them all. 

And with that I'll stop my rant.

Who's running G2 custom ROMs and problem free? I was going to try out Paranoid Android but it has an audio echo bug for the LS980. I really wanted to try any of the Cloudy ROMs but flashing the KK baseband plus the ROM gets me only to flashboot. Liquid Smooth has been the most functional and best I've experienced except for exponential reboot problems (start at 1 every 2 days, then progressively more frequently).

I won't use Sprint's stock KK just because of the IOT menu.

• Like 1

Who's running G2 custom ROMs and problem free? I was going to try out Paranoid Android but it has an audio echo bug for the LS980. I really wanted to try any of the Cloudy ROMs but flashing the KK baseband plus the ROM gets me only to flashboot. Liquid Smooth has been the most functional and best I've experienced except for exponential reboot problems (start at 1 every 2 days, then progressively more frequently).

If you are on ZVA then run d3rpG2, we have 2 variants. We should have base and instructions for folks to upgrade to ZVC stock rooted (odex and deodex) as well a d3rp version soonish.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

PA is issue free for me. No echo.

Any word on when the team d3rp zvc base band version will be released?

We're working on both stock bases and our rom. Hopefully very soon, we have a hang up that is prohibiting from releasing even the stock bases because we don't setting for less that premo $hit.  :)

I can tell you that we have the process for going from ZVA to ZVC (without using tot) all buttoned up so it will be easy to get to Kk once it's ready for you all. 

Stay tuned....  :tu:

• Like 5

So I took my phone off the charger this morning about 3 something. I checked my battery at about 5:45am  and my phone had already lost 12% with no streaming or screen usage in that time (I was sleep). Google Services was at 66% usage on my battery. Anybody else had any issues lately with Google Services?

So I took my phone off the charger this morning about 3 something. I checked my battery at about 5:45am  and my phone had already lost 12% with no streaming or screen usage in that time (I was sleep). Google Services was at 66% usage on my battery. Anybody else had any issues lately with Google Services?

I actually haven't had that issue since I got the Kitkat update.

I actually haven't had that issue since I got the Kitkat update.

I haven't done the KK update. Don't want to lose the LTE only feature.

I haven't done the KK update. Don't want to lose the LTE only feature.

Then that is your issue.. :/ People found some temporary fixes, but nothing perminant.

Then that is your issue.. :/ People found some temporary fixes, but nothing perminant.

I know it is my issue. Missouri market is still turning up sites and now with B26 firing up I need lte only if I want a chance at streaming due to ecsfb.

• Like 2

I know it is my issue. Missouri market is still turning up sites and now with B26 firing up I need lte only if I want a chance at streaming due to ecsfb.

I do believe the "issue" he is referring to is the ZVA software (I don't think he meant your wanting to keep LTE Only and the market condition :D), possibly. I know I haven't seen Services issues since ZVA and I have been on ZVC for a month (or however long ago it dropped) and have never seen the issues we had on ZVA. 

• Like 1

I share your issue in Denver area.  Don't get me started!

Does anyone know of any progress on fixes or ROM's that allow IOT hidden menu/LTE Only on KK ?

• Like 1

I share your issue in Denver area.  Don't get me started!

Does anyone know of any progress on fixes or ROM's that allow IOT hidden menu/LTE Only on KK ?

Not that I know of... also, the IOT menu app can be used from ZVA and the additional options we saw on ZVA are not available. (*I tried this very first thing) I think it's going to be a real challenge to get that back but maybe once the base is rolled out a Dev that is in hiding may take a shot at getting it going. 

• Like 1

Ok I am pretty tech saavy and I cannot get my G2 to update. It downloads and goes to install but immediately reboots and stays on 4.2.2

Any ideas how to fix this?

Assuming you are completely stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk