LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

According to this:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Sprint is currently testing KitKat 4.4.2...(LS980ZVB) as well as a new Modem baseband:

(M8974AAAAANLYD1311)

....Get ready folks!!

Sprint's G2 KitKat info gettin some love. References the above link. :)

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/02/21/lg-g2-android-4-4-kitkat-update-u-s/

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

The Bluetooth sound is sooo bad at higher volumes...Gah! I'm going to have to flash an AOSP ROM to make it sound right.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I think anandtech has reviewed the sound quality on the LG g2. AT volumes > 90%, I believe there was significant distortion. I can't remember the article, but the Note 3 was included in testing as well I believe. 

I think anandtech has reviewed the sound quality on the LG g2. AT volumes > 90%, I believe there was significant distortion. I can't remember the article, but the Note 3 was included in testing as well I believe. 

Supposedly, the issue is related to 4.2.2 Android OS.  The issue goes away when I flash CM11/AOSP roms.  KitKat OTA will likely fix it, too.

I used to come home and have 76%-78% and that is from 6:00am when I take it off the charger to 6:00pm when I come home. Since this Spark update, I get home and the battery icon is orange, begging to be charged.

I know the Spark kicked in two more antenna's and now it is tri-band, which is most likely the reason for a HUGH difference in battery length. Is this something that can be corrected with a software update or it is just the world we have to live in since tri-band is now enabled on the phone?

I had the same problem and what I did was let it run till it shutdown the phone and then charged till it was fully charged powered down then restarted it and ran it till it shutdown again. Restart and charge it full again. Now it is Back to the way it was before.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

jmvaldez03

Initiate a manual systems update on both the PRL/PROFILE then reboot and check if it corrected it.

Just did and b41 and b26 are enabled with the following priority 1-25 2-26 3-41. Thanks. ...

• Like 1

I had the same problem and what I did was let it run till it shutdown the phone and then charged till it was fully charged powered down then restarted it and ran it till it shutdown again. Restart and charge it full again. Now it is Back to the way it was before.

I think what you are saying will work. Please help me confirm what you mean

1) Let phone run down till it shuts down

2) Fully charge phone

This is where I am a little confused:

"powered down then restarted it and ran it till shutdown again. Restart and charge full again" Can you break down the steps I quoted a little better? Please.

So you essentially just taught the phone what the battery capacity was again... the universal discharge/charge cycle for Lithium-Ion batteries that fixes the majority of those issues and is not specific to any phone or operating system.

I think what you are saying will work. Please help me confirm what you mean

1) Let phone run down till it shuts down

2) Fully charge phone

This is where I am a little confused:

"powered down then restarted it and ran it till shutdown again. Restart and charge full again" Can you break down the steps I quoted a little better? Please.

Sorry:

1. Run the battery till phone powers off.

2. Charge till green or 100%

3. Power back up and run till it powers off.

4. Then I starting charging and powered the phone back up. Keep it on the charger till 100% again.

5. That should calibrate your battery.

Just did and b41 and b26 are enabled with the following priority 1-25 2-26 3-41. Thanks. ...

I'm glad to hear it and enjoy your update. :tu:

The Ballistic Maxx is nice and my wife likes her Otterbox Commuter.

Hi all,

Can someone summarize the various cases that are available for the G2? This thread is nearly 200 pages long and any keyword search I do brings up all kinds of unrelated posts.

I have the ballistic sg case and so far it's been good, before I had a ottrrbox defender and hated the screen protector and the rubber part along the bottom felt poorly fitted since day 1. I'm gonna get a trident case if I don't get another phone.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I have an otterbox defender with an iloome screen protector. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5421-iloome-lg-g2-screen-protector/

Needless to say, I love the defender as long as I'm not using the screen protector that was built into the case. (I ripped it out)

For anyone who has had terrible battery life lately due to Google Play Services, this morning at around 4 am I deleted the cache for Google Play Services and today my battery life is back to this.

tmp_Screenshot_2014-02-23-12-15-27785864190.png

No more Google Play Services taking 60% of my battery usage.

• Like 5

Kit Kat rolling out for the AT&T G2 KitKat pushing out for AT&T's LG G2 http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-pushing-out-atts-lg-g2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hopefully this means sprint's should be close behind.

Dang man.. Went to sleep with 94% battery at 12 noon and woke up at 15:45 with only 85% that's not right... Gonna try to clear my cache like the poster a few spots up did.. I ran it dead til it cut off then charged it all the way up before cutting it on.. Now in the process of running it dead again like someone recommended earlier..

Dang man.. Went to sleep with 94% battery at 12 noon and woke up at 15:45 with only 85% that's not right... Gonna try to clear my cache like the poster a few spots up did.. I ran it dead til it cut off then charged it all the way up before cutting it on.. Now in the process of running it dead again like someone recommended earlier..

Anytime you see some unusual battery drain, check the Battery page in Settings and look at the usage.  Usually its the BS Google Play Services app taking up unnecessary battery.  Not only would I do the Cache thing but I make a habit of powering off your phone to restart the current state of the phone.  Sometimes the phone in its current state could be stuck on sucking resources that just need a reboot.

Hi all,

Can someone summarize the various cases that are available for the G2? This thread is nearly 200 pages long and any keyword search I do brings up all kinds of unrelated posts.

Sorry.. this is just one, but you can get the Original QuickWindow case on ebay for only $18:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131095073391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I got one for my son & myself.  We both like it. 

Well, with the LG G2 mini being announced, they are saying it is coming out of the box with 4.4 KitKat. Once again, hopefully a sign that we will be getting it sooner than later. :)

Also, the G2 mini come with "Knock code". You knock on your screen in different places to unlock the phone, instead of tapping twice in any spot. Kind of a neat feature.