LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Wow...I didnt think u would literally type that. I didnt post the entire link since I was lazy. U need to add /LG/LS980-SPRINT/LATEST.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I didn't type anything, all I did was click on the link which is highlighted in blue like all links are and it took me to that Forbidden site.

I didn't type anything, all I did was click on the link which is highlighted in blue like all links are and it took me to that Forbidden site.

It isn't highlighted by default on IP.Board software unless it includes the http:// as well. Either your browser is hyperlinking it for you, or you have an extension installed that is changing the page.

The main device.sprintpcs.com page is not a web-accessible standard domain, it is a domain used by Sprint to host files for hyperlinking from elsewhere.

It isn't highlighted by default on IP.Board software unless it includes the http:// as well. Either your browser is hyperlinking it for you, or you have an extension installed that is changing the page.

The main device.sprintpcs.com page is not a web-accessible standard domain, it is a domain used by Sprint to host files for hyperlinking from elsewhere.

Neither. The hyper link was part of the notification received via email. 

You need to carefully reread my previous post. I said u had to add the /lg....etc to the end of the device.sprintpcs.com address

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

You need to carefully reread my previous post. I said u had to add the /lg....etc to the end of the device.sprintpcs.com address Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I have and this was the end result.

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Edited by Maverick

I have and this was the end result.

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Please don't copy the entire thing to preserve forum space.  I would edit your post and delete the contents or AJ will :P . Yes just do a Ctrl+F on your browser and search for "ZVB" and you will see that it is still the latest version.  This makes sense since the current firmware version for the Spark update is ZVA.

• Like 1

Please don't copy the entire thing to preserve forum space.  I would edit your post and delete the contents or AJ will :P . Yes just do a Ctrl+F on your browser and search for "ZVB" and you will see that it is still the latest version.  This makes sense since the current firmware version for the Spark update is ZVA.

Done!  :welc2:

Though, when I click the link it shows   "OSVersionAndroid 4.4.2"  which means something is in the works.  Or so I would assume.

Though, when I click the link it shows   "OSVersionAndroid 4.4.2"  which means something is in the works.  Or so I would assume.

Yes and I am pretty damn sure the firmware update is done and its going through its QA testing/verification at LG/Sprint.  It hasn't updated to beyond ZVB since it was first reported on 2/17 in the post below about 2.5 weeks ago.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=283776

• Like 1

I for one do not want KitKat upgrade until it is ready,   there is a reason it goes through QA.  Being in I/T,  I can tell you from experience,  I would rather wait for a better product than it be rushed and have issues until the next "update"

but on the other hand,  it does not stop me from checking all my G2 Info sites multiple times a day :)

• Like 2

I would like to see them fix the auto brightness at 100% I like when outside for it to be bright. Other than that bring on KitKat. And like Tranziq I check my site multiple times a day too.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I for one do not want KitKat upgrade until it is ready,  by there is a reason it goes through QA.  Being in I/T,  I can tell you from experience,  I would rather wait for a better product than it be rushed and have issues until the next "update"

but on the other hand,  it does not stop me from checking all my G2 Info sites multiple times a day :)

Ditto...all the above...Lol

• Like 1

I for one do not want KitKat upgrade until it is ready,   there is a reason it goes through QA.  Being in I/T,  I can tell you from experience,  I would rather wait for a better product than it be rushed and have issues until the next "update"

I remember the ICS update for the Epic Touch took like 50 different test builds over like a 9 month period and it was still buggy on release. :P

Samsung hasn't ever done that bad in an update since.  Not sure what happened there.  Maybe incompetent devs @ Samsung? lol

Anyways, I'm wanting the KitKat update in hopes that the Bluetooth static goes away.  Apart from that, I'm pretty good.

I would like to see them fix the auto brightness at 100% I like when outside for it to be bright. Other than that bring on KitKat. And like Tranziq I check my site multiple times a day too.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

OMG yes!!! That auto brightness bug not working is really annoying.  I for one would love to see it fixed in the KK update.  Also can't figure out if the Spark update radio was better or worse than it was with ZV8.  Either way any improvements in radio if possible will be welcomed.

OMG yes!!! That auto brightness bug not working is really annoying.  I for one would love to see it fixed in the KK update.  Also can't figure out if the Spark update radio was better or worse than it was with ZV8.  Either way any improvements in radio if possible will be welcomed.

Since the Spark update, I for one, believe the radio is worse. Far worse. I receive 3G when others receive LTE all the time. Also, there is no comparison between 3G before the Spark update and after the Spark update. After the Spark update, 3G is extremely sloooooow. Slow as a snail.

Since the Spark update, I for one, believe the radio is worse. Far worse. I receive 3G when others receive LTE all the time. Also, there is no comparison between 3G before the Spark update and after the Spark update. After the Spark update, 3G is extremely sloooooow. Slow as a snail.

Unfortunately I agree with you. My wife has the same phone as me, and I received the update before her. During that time while out and about she consistently held on to a LTE signal while I was stuck on 3G.

Hopefully the KitKat update will also address some of the shortcomings with the radio. It does include a new baseband as well.

Unfortunately I agree with you. My wife has the same phone as me, and I received the update before her. During that time while out and about she consistently held on to a LTE signal while I was stuck on 3G.

Hopefully the KitKat update will also address some of the shortcomings with the radio. It does include a new baseband as well.

Do you also find 3G is much slower now then before the Spark update?

Do you also find 3G is much slower now then before the Spark update?

Not really. With a weak signal it is pretty bad of course, but it has always been like that. A decent 3G signal still gives me around 2 meg. I do live in an area without many Sprint customers though. I wouldn't be surprised if my wife and I are typically the only ones on our local tower.

My phone randomly will give me no bars with the red X and takes up to a minute sometimes to fall to 3G. Yes I like connecting to B41 but this is for the birds losing my signal altogether.

My phone randomly will give me no bars with the red X and takes up to a minute sometimes to fall to 3G. Yes I like connecting to B41 but this is for the birds losing my signal altogether.

I don't know if you all live in Spark enabled markets BUT if not, try to disable band 26 and 41 to see if it improves for you.  The device is now looking for 2 additional bands of LTE connectivity and while I have had no slowness that you speak of (on 3G or LTE), if you don't need it scanning for them, kill them until you know you need it.  

Also, if you are rooted, just roll the radio back with nothing else changed and see if it helps.  If it doesn't, then also disable band 26 and 41 to see if that helps. I'm not claiming to know how to fix your situations but eliminating, one by one, the things that the update primarily brought to the tablet should help pin point as well as rule out what might have done it. 

Good luck

• Like 1

I don't know if you all live in Spark enabled markets BUT if not, try to disable band 26 and 41 to see if it improves for you.  The device is now looking for 2 additional bands of LTE connectivity and while I have had no slowness that you speak of (on 3G or LTE), if you don't need it scanning for them, kill them until you know you need it.  

Also, if you are rooted, just roll the radio back with nothing else changed and see if it helps.  If it doesn't, then also disable band 26 and 41 to see if that helps. I'm not claiming to know how to fix your situations but eliminating, one by one, the things that the update primarily brought to the tablet should help pin point as well as rule out what might have done it. 

Good luck

I have B41 in my area. I guess you can't say official but my phone connects to those towers without any issues.

I haven't had any issues so everyone who is I hope the situation gets better for you guys. I've been on band 25 before and after the spark update so looks like I'm waiting on 41 & 26 as well as everyone for Kit Kat.