LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Doesn't matter if its a G2 to G2 call.  There are other factors that need to be in place before HD voice will be launched.  Also we don't know the effects of how handing off from a HD voice capable site (NV upgraded) to a non-HD voice capable site (non-NV upgraded) will occur.  Perhaps Sprint might be waiting until NV 1.0 is complete before deploying HD voice.

I dont know it sounded very different when normally it sounds subpar

I read somewhere that its the 800 voice that makes the HD part...so if both phones were on 800, then in theory it should be HD

If thats the case then it couldnt be hd voice. Ericsson is taking a nap when it comes to 800 in the southeast.

I read somewhere that its the 800 voice that makes the HD part...so if both phones were on 800, then in theory it should be HD

• Like 1

Nope, beleive it or not I'm not on Spark not even in an area of Spark. The icon has always been on since the update and Sprint is updating WiMax areas first to Spark then the rest and I wasn't in a WiMax area.

I'm looking forward to Spark when it does land in my location. :D

Judging from that speed, you are probably on band 26 or slow band 41 (I say slow 41 because it will go as high as 50+ in band 41). On your phone dialer do ##DEBUG# and look in the LTE Engineering screen for band number when you are connected in that location again.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I see 25-34 mbps quite often here on band 25. Especially in the mornings up until noon. It usually see around 15-18 mbps during the day and speeds up to 20-25 in the evening.

oh and as i understand it....youa re on spark....see that nifty icon on the top...

The only thing that icon means is that you are on LTE. I wish the Spark icon only showed up for band 41 and the regular LTE icon for band 25/26. I think that would make a lot more sense and help people know when they are in fact on Spark. A blogger who likes to bash Sprint would easily see a Spark icon, get a low speed test on a loaded band 25 connection and simply declare Spark to be a fizzle and further proof of Sprint "lying".

i was going to say, that icon is just an icon, doesnt mean band 26 or band 41, just connected to LTE. Ive seen band 25 connections of 35-37mbps before. (albeit on an unloaded site)

Exactly.

I am just getting LTE band 25 in my area which never was a wimax area but LTE has been here for almost a year. My wife's galaxy s3 gets LTE and I haven't. My speeds on band 25 are about 3Mb up and around 4Mb down.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by SteveO_148

How can you tell if your phone is in a HD voice call in settings?

While in a call, do a three way call to ##debug# and you will see a screen like this:

Posted Image

My wife and I had an HD call today. She was on the G2 and I was using the Flex. Where you see the SO designation you can see it says EVRC_NW. That is HD voice. It was so clear and she was on speaker phone in the bathroom doing her hair. There was no echo and it was perfect!

Then she moved to her car and used the car Bluetooth and it went to hell! Probably because the car circuitry is always expecting just 5-8 KHz bandwidth, not the 16 KHz that HD voice uses.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I see 25-34 mbps quite often here on band 25. Especially in the mornings up until noon. It usually see around 15-18 mbps during the day and speeds up to 20-25 in the evening.

The only thing that icon means is that you are on LTE. I wish the Spark icon only showed up for band 41 and the regular LTE icon for band 25/26. I think that would make a lot more sense and help people know when they are in fact on Spark. A blogger who likes to bash Sprint would easily see a Spark icon, get a low speed test on a loaded band 25 connection and simply declare Spark to be a fizzle and further proof of Sprint "lying".

Exactly.

I'm not sure if Android natively supports differentiating bands of the same connection type like that with a different icon. I'd rather they use native Android implementations than have to code in proprietary connection icons and such for every phone as they did with CDMA and WiMax originally before native support was available.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if Android natively supports differentiating bands of the same connection type like that with a different icon. I'd rather they use native Android implementations than have to code in proprietary connection icons and such for every phone as they did with CDMA and WiMax originally before native support was available.

I had my first HD voice call yesterday too here in Ohio. Wonder if they "flipped a switch"?

I had my first HD voice call yesterday too here in Ohio. Wonder if they "flipped a switch"?

It seems like they did! They can flip a few more switches, and I wouldn't mind as long as they flip the switch to on!

While in a call, do a three way call to ##debug# and you will see a screen like this:

[image removed]

My wife and I had an HD call today. She was on the G2 and I was using the Flex. Where you see the SO designation you can see it says EVRC_NW. That is HD voice. It was so clear and she was on speaker phone in the bathroom doing her hair. There was no echo and it was perfect!

Then she moved to her car and used the car Bluetooth and it went to hell! Probably because the car circuitry is always expecting just 5-8 KHz bandwidth, not the 16 KHz that HD voice uses.

I believe both devices will need to have that EVRC_NW being reported for it to be a true HD call but I'm thinking that it is a good check from "your" device to see if the base station you are calling though is setup for it.  

I believe both devices will need to have that EVRC_NW being reported for it to be a true HD call but I'm thinking that it is a good check from "your" device to see if the base station you are calling though is setup for it.

Yeah, they both need the capability, but that codec won't be used if the base stations and other handset don't have HD capability too.

Here is a screen grab of my debug screen with me calling a landline:

Posted Image

Note it says EVRC instead of EVRC _NW.

tajeby2y.jpg

I've seen that before but I've also gotten this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht7qfnxf8w2n2dx/Screenshot_2014-01-26-14-48-13.png

Idk what it is though

can somebody summon aj to explain lol

That should be EVRC-B.

AJ

• Like 1