LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Google play services was sucking down all sorts of power up until a few days ago for me. Now I'm back to the normal 30% total usage in a normal day. Seems to have happened when I got the 55018 prl, I have an airave at home so maybe that has something to do with it?

My Google Play Services keeps sucking down my battery life, too.  Clearing cache and restarting only seems to help temporarily but eventually it returns to eating up to 60% of total battery use. I hope 4.4.2 will help with this.

• Like 1

My Google Play Services are at 60% again, cleared cache last night. Its chewing through battery. Was going 18hr now barely 10hr with heavy usage and low signal.

Also on waiting to see if the guy on the Sprint forum is correct about March 3rd being out kitkat day. So far seems like a no.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

• Like 1

Well the TMobile KitKat update for the G2 is not officially rolling out OTA.  Hope this means the Sprint will be coming shortly. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-lg-g2-kitkat-update-now-rolling-out-ota?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=dlvrit

Sprint has to be able to get it out before Verizon, right?

• Like 1

Sprint is normally good at being first for carrier updste but seeing Sprints version of the G2 csme out 2 months after everyone else I have a feeling the Verizon variant might beat us to it.

It might but that's a long shot considering history has shown verizon adding tons of bloatware and really never in a rush to be first on updates.

I see Sprint pushing KitKat at least by end of the 3rd Qtr of 2014 so in essence it's anytime from here on out.......

Well the TMobile KitKat update for the G2 is not officially rolling out OTA.  Hope this means the Sprint will be coming shortly. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-lg-g2-kitkat-update-now-rolling-out-ota?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=dlvrit

Sprint has to be able to get it out before Verizon, right?

You mean " it is officially rolling out " as per the link.

It might but that's a long shot considering history has shown verizon adding tons of bloatware and really never in a rush to be first on updates.

I see Sprint pushing KitKat at least by end of the 3rd Qtr of 2014 so in essence it's anytime from here on out.......

I'd definitely consider Sprint rolling out KitKat this month on the G2.  It's already in final testing phase since it's in RDF format.  Just a matter of how much more testing needs to be done. 

Of course, I could always be wrong but once I see source is posted, I'll let you guys know and it'll likely be the next business day for release.

• Like 2

I'd definitely consider Sprint rolling out KitKat this month on the G2.  It's already in final testing phase since it's in RDF format.  Just a matter of how much more testing needs to be done. 

Of course, I could always be wrong but once I see source is posted, I'll let you guys know and it'll likely be the next business day for release.

RDFs have been updated for unreleased software before, fairly often actually. It just means it got through a certain point of testing.

RDFs have been updated for unreleased software before, fairly often actually. It just means it got through a certain point of testing.

I also predict during March because the G2 on other U.S. carriers are also rolling out KK.

Maybe with Sprint taking so long getting the kitkat update we could see the 4k video, 120fps, and maybe knock code. It would be worth adding since its taking so long to push out.

Wifi calling would be nice too. 

• Like 3

Maybe with Sprint taking so long getting the kitkat update we could see the 4k video, 120fps, and maybe knock code. It would be worth adding since its taking so long to push out.

I highly doubt it.  The KK update is done.  I think its just a matter of doing the internal QA process over at LG and Sprint which is stretching this OTA release.  Unless we see the "device.sprintpcs.com" website get updated with a later build other than ZVB, I doubt we will see any of these Knock Code features.  Typically LG makes the same feature firmware update baseline for all the carriers and tweaks it slightly for each carrier which not to mention each carrier adding their own bloatware.  Since the AT&T and Tmobile KK firmware updates have been released, I don't expect the Sprint and Verizon KK updates to be that different.

I highly doubt it.  The KK update is done.  I think its just a matter of doing the internal QA process over at LG and Sprint which is stretching this OTA release.  Unless we see the "device.sprintpcs.com" website get updated with a later build other than ZVB, I doubt we will see any of these Knock Code features.  Typically LG makes the same feature firmware update baseline for all the carriers and tweaks it slightly for each carrier which not to mention each carrier adding their own bloatware.  Since the AT&T and Tmobile KK firmware updates have been released, I don't expect the Sprint and Verizon KK updates to be that different.

The link to the " device.sprintpcs.com " won't allow access, says

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The link to the " device.sprintpcs.com " won't allow access, says Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Wow...I didnt think u would literally type that. I didnt post the entire link since I was lazy. U need to add /LG/LS980-SPRINT/LATEST.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk