LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I'm kinda looking at the trident cyclops case, I've had a trident kraken case before on a older phone and had zero problems. Has anyone used the trident on the g2? Just looking for a opinion on it.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Currently use the Cyclops in Blue. Got it for a tick over 20 off Amazon. Liking the protection over the ballistic and built in screen protector is nice.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Just got this message in an area i never had lte before. Thoughts?

I have been getting this stupid MIP 67 and MIP 104 issue out in my office.  Its rather annoying since it seems like it works outside.  However I have been using my phone in my office near a window since I got the G2 and never had problems.  Might need to call Sprint to find out what the heck is going on.

I have been getting this stupid MIP 67 and MIP 104 issue out in my office. Its rather annoying since it seems like it works outside. However I have been using my phone in my office near a window since I got the G2 and never had problems. Might need to call Sprint to find out what the heck is going on.

Band 26 launch nationwide! Ha. Clearly joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good joke!! I wish. But when 114 error popped up for me the options were Cancel and Update Profile. Had 67 pop up after turning off airplane mode in a dead zone for pretty much everyone I know. Didn't think twice about it to be honest.

jamisonshaw125, on 24 Feb 2014 - 2:55 PM, said:

I wish it were true but out here in the OC where I work, B26 LTE ain't coming for awhile due to rebanding issues.

• Like 1

Good joke!! I wish. But when 114 error popped up for me the options were Cancel and Update Profile. Had 67 pop up after turning off airplane mode in a dead zone for pretty much everyone I know. Didn't think twice about it to be honest.

EVDO error 67 is a data profile authentication error. I am not sure what the LTE error equivalent is, probably 114.

Usually the fix is a profile update to ensure the data on the phone matches the info on the network. You must have some sort of working internet connection to update your profile though, so if your mobile network is not working, you must connect to WiFi to update the profile on the newer phones. You can also do a ##SCRTN# (72786) to reset the phone's network settings and reprovision it, this will cause the phone to remove all the network settings, restart, and go back through the initial OTA hands-free activation again.

If your phone is hotlined or disconnected due to non-payment, suspension, etc. it will also give you an error 67 because your phone will fail to authenticate. If there is a network issue it could cause this as well.

At this particular moment there is a nationwide data issue... "1xRTT, EVDO, eHRPD, and 4G LTE data services may be failing authentication requests preventing users from accessing data services. Voice and SMS text messaging services are not impacted." So right now that may be your issue."

• Like 4

EVDO error 67 is a data profile authentication error. I am not sure what the LTE error equivalent is, probably 114.

Usually the fix is a profile update to ensure the data on the phone matches the info on the network. You must have some sort of working internet connection to update your profile though, so if your mobile network is not working, you must connect to WiFi to update the profile on the newer phones. You can also do a ##SCRTN# (72786) to reset the phone's network settings and reprovision it, this will cause the phone to remove all the network settings, restart, and go back through the initial OTA hands-free activation again.

If your phone is hotlined or disconnected due to non-payment, suspension, etc. it will also give you an error 67 because your phone will fail to authenticate. If there is a network issue it could cause this as well.

At this particular moment there is a nationwide data issue... "1xRTT, EVDO, eHRPD, and 4G LTE data services may be failing authentication requests preventing users from accessing data services. Voice and SMS text messaging services are not impacted." So right now that may be your issue."

Possible on the network side of things. I hardly ever use data since WiFi is everywhere, though I've had provisioning errors in the past shortly after a phone swap. Nonetheless I did the profile update and haven't seen it since

This was in an area in my office where 3g was never an issue.  In the late afternoon though everyday I keep swapping from ehrp to evdo and back.  Could possibly be because they are doing work?  i did pay my bill.  Band 26 would be great especially since I am in an IBEZ sitting right on lake Erie in Cleveland. 

I know the G2 is supposed to have GG2 but this screen seems to be made of super soft glass. I already have quite a few hairline scratches in mine and I baby the thing.

Get a screen protector.  Problem solved.

• Like 1

So I have a poetic case on my G2 which I like for my purpose but my biggest issue is that the kickstand opens on the wrong side so if I turn on a video in like the WatchESPN app and set my phone up with the kickstand the video is upside down. Any idea how to make apps the lock video orientation flip to the other side of the screen?

Additionally, I am bored and thinking about giving the Optimus DE rom a try. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks,

Eric

Optimus DE is good, d3rp is also a good rom. Kitkat seems to be coming soon though, so maybe you should wait?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Get a screen protector. Problem solved.

Or just dedicate a pocket to your phone and don't put anything else in there that could scratch it (keys, coins, anything hard).

I personally use a nillkin case for my g2.works great, even keeps the screen off of a surface of you put the phone face down.

• Like 2

Or just dedicate a pocket to your phone and don't put anything else in there that could scratch it (keys, coins, anything hard).

I personally use a nillkin case for my g2.works great, even keeps the screen off of a surface of you put the phone face down.

I've tried to do same thing since I my palm pre days. Keys and phone never in same pocket. Even if I have a screen protector on it. 

• Like 2

I've tried to do same thing since I my palm pre days. Keys and phone never in same pocket. Even if I have a screen protector on it. 

Pretty much what everyone has recommend. Smartphone in one pocket only and screen protector with case/cover. I use both a case cover and screen protector plus the phone doesn't share real estate in my pocket, lol. 

The case/cover/screen protector I currently use is my profile pic....

Edited by Maverick

Optimus DE is good, d3rp is also a good rom. Kitkat seems to be coming soon though, so maybe you should wait?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I installed it friday. Running smooth with better battery than stock. Between my stock nand backup and titanium I should have no problem when kitkat comes knocking.

Was browsing the Sprints website LG G2 forum and one guy posted the update is coming March 3. Don't know how reliable that info is just wanted to pass it along.Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Wishful thinking at least