LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Ok I downloaded Llama but seemed to confusing on my part.. What do I need to do to set it up where it does that.. Is it like a toggle switch or a quick link to the settings?? I saw something about let your phone learn from where you are but wasn't sure about it.. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming at first. You can create an event in the Events tab by choosing conditions (e.g. between 11 PM and 7 AM) and actions (turn off 4G). Or you can create/edit an existing profile in the Profiles tab.

The app tries to learn your location by noting the towers the phone connects to in a particular location, so the next time it sees that tower, it knows you have reached, say, home. You can then configure it to trigger a particular action, such as turning on WiFi or changing ringer volume, etc.

Edited by CaptainSlow

ZV8 was the software version the G2 came with then ZVA was the last update (spark/enhancements/fixes) and ZVB is the upcoming Software version of Kit Kat.

RIGHT! :tu:

Well, ZV7 -> ZV8 sound enhancements (fixed static in phone calls.), then ZV8 to ZVA (Spark capability.) and now latest is ZVB which is likely KitKat + (wishful thinking) modem enhancements.

• Like 1

Has anyone else been noticing a higher than normal battery drain from Google Play Services? Ever since maybe Friday I've been seeing Google play Services taking up between 40-70% of my battery use and my phone has been lasting for between 15-20 hours now instead of 30-40 hours like I normally see. I figured I must have been using my phone more without thinking about it but today I have been on standby most of the morning and now 58% of my battery is gone in only 7 hours.

• Like 2

Has anyone else been noticing a higher than normal battery drain from Google Play Services? Ever since maybe Friday I've been seeing Google play Services taking up between 40-70% of my battery use and my phone has been lasting for between 15-20 hours now instead of 30-40 hours like I normally see. I figured I must have been using my phone more without thinking about it but today I have been on standby most of the morning and now 58% of my battery is gone in only 7 hours.

Yes. My battery Sunday night was at 95% when I went to bed. I woke up it was at 36%. I thought that was strange considering I wasn't streaming any music overnight.

Yes, This has been happening on my GN3 as well.  I really wish Google would refine their Android system a little better. 

Yeah after the update android os and android system have been draining alot. Those and my screen are always top 3 draning. I am not rooted. I did a reset and its working better but nothing like before the update. Someone said earlier it could be the 3 LTE bands searching?

Would that logically do the same as the connection optimizer within the g2?? Or is that something totally different?? Thanks!

I'd think it's similar, but I've disabled Connection Optimizer so don't know. The description is too vague and there are no controls, so i don't trust it enough to use it.

According to this:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Sprint is currently testing KitKat 4.4.2...(LS980ZVB) as well as a new Modem baseband:

(M8974AAAAANLYD1311)

....Get ready folks!!

You all are veterans, How long after you see something like the above link does the update start coming out?

Yeah after the update android os and android system have been draining alot. Those and my screen are always top 3 draning. I am not rooted. I did a reset and its working better but nothing like before the update. Someone said earlier it could be the 3 LTE bands searching?

I was having an issue with my battery life being noticeably less after the update. I could get a day but barely. Before the update I could get a day and a half. I ended up letting my phone run down till it powered off then fully charged while the phone was off. It seems to be back to normal now. Hope that helps.

I to am watching my beast get drained, it's rather upsetting to be honest.  At first, I was just shrugging it off, as the first day I noticed it, I was in a bad area with little to no signal, but even in areas where I have good signal, and I don't even touch my phone, the battery was draining at a ridiculous rate, so I downloaded BatteryGuru. I was hoping to see if it would help a little bit, and I even disabled Google now and a few other things, but it's really not doing me too much I don't think.  Anyways, I hope this issue will be fixed soon, otherwise, I'm going to remain upset.

• Like 1

I'd think it's similar, but I've disabled Connection Optimizer so don't know. The description is too vague and there are no controls, so i don't trust it enough to use it.

The Connection Optimizer essentially turns on/off WiFi periodically to check whether any saved networks are within range, so you don't have to remember. It also maintains a gps location cache of where these networks are and uses that to speed up the process if you begin to enter the area of a saved network. It does the same thing with 4G network connections as well, and is supposed to be able to override the built-in LTE scan timer.

It's meant to try and automatically offload the average user from the 3G network onto a likely faster network connection. 4G allows faster speeds, and thus shorter continuous network connections when browsing. The faster you get your info, the less time you spend doing it, and thus the more time there is for others on the network. Offloading from a more burdened 3G connection to 4G helps with congestion and increases both your experience, and other customers. Offloading to WiFi saves Sprint entirely as you are not using the network at all for data, and your WiFi connection at home likely is higher speed anyway, or at least adequate for your usage leaving network resources for those that cannot offload from the network.

Does anyone know how to update this mobile print? Every other phone in my house can print to this printer except the g2. Printer is less than 3 months old. Thanks

Posted Image

OK so I'm getting tired of swipe taking for ever to come up. It's like sometimes five or more minutes and my phone seems to be moving slower like it's running out of memory. I don't get it. This phone is suppose to be fast but get allot of lag. Any ideas thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OK so I'm getting tired of swipe taking for ever to come up. It's like sometimes five or more minutes and my phone seems to be moving slower like it's running out of memory. I don't get it. This phone is suppose to be fast but get allot of lag. Any ideas thanks

Never used swipe enough to know that issue with this phone but it took forever on my s4, even from first use before even installing anything

Yes I have and it got on my nerves. Best bet is don't factory reset. It did nothing for me. I've read the updates usually settle back to normal in about 2-4 days

Yes. My battery Sunday night was at 95% when I went to bed. I woke up it was at 36%. I thought that was strange considering I wasn't streaming any music overnight.

My overnight drain went from 2% (quiet mode, battery saver disables every possible check box available, data off since I'm a LTE1900 CDMA 1900 fringe area) to about 24% biggest user is always Google Play Services. GSAM says it woke my phone more than the usual I see.

Another recent development, I can no longer locate my G2 in android device manager. Anyone else noticed this? Wasn't happening until after this Play Services update. Factory reset to no avail.

It's a common issue with Swype in general. I had the same issue on my S3 after a while. Clearing the app data for Swype helped, but only so much. I don't think it has anything to do with the phone you use, but rather Swype itself failing to load quickly.

• Like 1

I was having this issue with Swype keyboard not showing up. Sometimes only a restart would get it to work. I signed out/disabled the Swype library sync and have not had the issue since. Swype keyboard pulls up every time.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another recent development, I can no longer locate my G2 in android device manager. Anyone else noticed this? Wasn't happening until after this Play Services update. Factory reset to no avail.

I'm able to locate my G2 in the android device manager.

• Like 1

Has anyone found out what the phone dose when it drops signal for a few seconds? Mine seems to be doing it more and more here lately. I'll be on 3g and actively using it, Pandora chrome facebook etc, then all the sudden when I load something new it will just drop data and voice(at least in the notification area) and won't load it until data returns. I've heard were it's possibly searching for a lte signal but I've forced lte and I get nothing.

Edit got a pic of it. Shows nothing in status bar but signal check awesome, lol, says I have voice but no data.

3a4u3azu.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Edited by ghostkilla1388

Has anyone found out what the phone dose when it drops signal for a few seconds? Mine seems to be doing it more and more here lately. I'll be on 3g and actively using it, Pandora chrome facebook etc, then all the sudden when I load something new it will just drop data and voice(at least in the notification area) and won't load it until data returns. I've heard were it's possibly searching for a lte signal but I've forced lte and I get nothing. Edit got a pic of it. Shows nothing in status bar but signal check awesome, lol, says I have voice but no data. Posted ImageSent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

That normally happens when you receive a text message in the background.

But when not receiving a text? The last text I got was.... Like two days ago.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Possible tower jumping?

I'm like perfectly in signal edge of 3 towers and down tilt adjustments (according to Sprint) helped a tad but another tower around here wouldn't hurt. At least a repeater.