LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Is there a way to set data so when you turn the screen off the mobile data goes off, a old droid x2 I had done that and loved it. Just wonder can the g2 do the same with out root and etc

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

It would probably be in one of the battery saver apps out there. When I first used android years ago I had an app that did just that. Can't remember the name, though. It became annoying because I like having a weather app with its alerts always watching my back, and that cut that right off.

Is there a way to set data so when you turn the screen off the mobile data goes off, a old droid x2 I had done that and loved it. Just wonder can the g2 do the same with out root and etc

Should be able to accomplish this with Tasker($3).

Just create a "Mobile Data On" and "Mobile Data Off" task (under Tasks tab) and create a "Display On" and "Display Off" event (under Profiles tab). While you're setting up your Profiles, it'll ask which task you want to use, just pick the task that coincides with what you're setting up. No root needed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

• Like 1

You can use Llama, which is free.

P.S.: Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on this forum for over two years and a Sprint user for nine. Enjoy reading the technical and business discussions here and hope to contribute whatever little I can.

• Like 3

P.S.: Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on this forum for over two years and a Sprint user for nine. Enjoy reading the technical and business discussions here and hope to contribute whatever little I can.

:welc3:

• Like 1

According to this:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Sprint is currently testing KitKat 4.4.2...(LS980ZVB) as well as a new Modem baseband:

(M8974AAAAANLYD1311)

....Get ready folks!!

Awesome! With the news of GS4 kitkat update, it seems Sprint is trying to set themselves apart from other carriers with speedier update acceptance.

• Like 3

According to this:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest

Sprint is currently testing KitKat 4.4.2...(LS980ZVB) as well as a new Modem baseband:

(M8974AAAAANLYD1311)

....Get ready folks!!

I'm ready, I'll be a guinea pig if I get the update first. Now the only thing I wish would come to the g2 us a trident electra case. Thanks for the update on the update.

Welcome!

I have noticed that some texts have been taking a long time to get to me. I think it started after the update. But they are also working to update the sCFSB hardware in my area... Could that be the cause?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Texting lag is always network or connection related. Dial ##72786#

That will reprovision the phone. Its all a tech at a store will do, so that will save you a trip. That normally works for texting issues of any kind.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the welcome  :) . For those who don't know, Captain Slow is the nickname for James May on the hit UK car show Top Gear  :tu: .

Back to topic, I just moved from the Motorola Photon (WiMax) to the G2. Photon was a really solid phone and served me well - strong radio and loud speaker. I wish Motorola hadn't left this phone hanging on Gingerbread 2.3.5 though.

Really liking the G2 so far, especially the battery life and Knock On. Occasional B41 connection is always nice too.

Do you think that app will help create something to go from global to just cdma with one push?? Where I live, the lte signal is really weak and it apparently has something to do with my voice signal.. I have had missed calls while on global but when i switch to cdma, the voice signal is a lot better and I don't have missed calls..

Do you think that app will help create something to go from global to just cdma with one push?? Where I live, the lte signal is really weak and it apparently has something to do with my voice signal.. I have had missed calls while on global but when i switch to cdma, the voice signal is a lot better and I don't have missed calls..

If you're asking me, the answer is yes with Llama - you can set it up to turn off 4G automatically at a particular time or location, or manually when you change profiles (Home, Work, etc.).

I have an Airave at home but the G2 frequently loses signal and drains battery when connected to it, so I put the phone in CDMA mode. Same goes for the wife's Nexus 5. I guess the Airave does not work well with eCSFB devices.

Edited by CaptainSlow

Ok I downloaded Llama but seemed to confusing on my part.. What do I need to do to set it up where it does that.. Is it like a toggle switch or a quick link to the settings?? I saw something about let your phone learn from where you are but wasn't sure about it.. Thanks

The RDF page now says ZVA is latest. What's the deal?

P.s..just checked again on both phone and pc and they both still say ZVB...maybe a cache issue?

ZV8 was the software version the G2 came with then ZVA was the last update (spark/enhancements/fixes) and ZVB is the upcoming Software version of Kit Kat.

RIGHT! :tu: