LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Possible tower jumping?

I'm like perfectly in signal edge of 3 towers and down tilt adjustments (according to Sprint) helped a tad but another tower around here wouldn't hurt. At least a repeater.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Could be jumping towers, I don't know 100% what towers around me a who's and stuff since I'm not a sponsor yet. I know before the spark update I didn't notice this but it done it once after it but a few days ago it has been doing it more frequently. Could it possibly be a tower is being more optimized and broadcasting a stronger lte signal and my phone thinks it can use it but it's so fragmented it drops back to 3g? I know that supposedly they are working on towers in my area from what I've been told but not sure what or how long till it's complete.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Has anyone found out what the phone dose when it drops signal for a few seconds? Mine seems to be doing it more and more here lately. I'll be on 3g and actively using it, Pandora chrome facebook etc, then all the sudden when I load something new it will just drop data and voice(at least in the notification area) and won't load it until data returns. I've heard were it's possibly searching for a lte signal but I've forced lte and I get nothing. Edit got a pic of it. Shows nothing in status bar but signal check awesome, lol, says I have voice but no data.

My G2 has been doing that a lot after the Update I noticed. Not sure if it's just aggressive LTE scanning or technicians beginning NV upgrades on nearby towers. It would be a big coincidence for the latter.

So i have been having gps issues lately...where i was getting nothing more then a single blip of multiple satellite on gps tool box.. I tried restoring to factory tot file but no change. Decidedbto remove the back of the phone cover since the gps connections pass through to it noticed deep depressions in the pads that make contact to the antennas so i pried up on them a little and reassembled now my gps is working again..so fyi guess i cant leave my phone in my back pocket and sit on it anymore...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Has anyone found out what the phone dose when it drops signal for a few seconds?... 

It jumps into hyperspace.  :) Not joking, that's what my previous phone said on the debug screen.

The Connection Optimizer essentially turns on/off WiFi periodically to check whether any saved networks are within range, so you don't have to remember. It also maintains a gps location cache of where these networks are and uses that to speed up the process if you begin to enter the area of a saved network. It does the same thing with 4G network connections as well, and is supposed to be able to override the built-in LTE scan timer.

Actually I know how it works; the reason I don't trust it is because, coming from a carrier, I think it could be over-eager (read: more frequent checks) to bump me off 3G/4G and onto WiFi compared to a third-part app. Maybe I'm just being paranoid  :ninja:.

Some instructions for the folks without root and on stock recovery. You'll need to use Windows.

This assumes you have the Lg drivers installed and have adb working.

• Download the update file on your pc...thanks to TumTum101 at XDA: http://d-h.st/kF4
  • Copy the file to the folder where adb is.
  • Get into recovery by holding down power and volume down button.
  • In recovery, choose the option on the phone that says apply update from adb.
  • After that open up a command prompt in your folder where you have adb. Type in the following without quotes "adb sideload LS980ZV8_13-LS980ZVA_01_update.zip"

The file will be copied to the phone, then it will proceed with the update. I don't recall if the phone restarted on its own after that...if not select reboot to system and you should be good to go.

I lost my update notification and can't get it back. Is this file safe to use?

Just looked up sensorly and I'm close to a dot that's 4g but my phone won't pick any up? Even where I work it shows decent coverage and yet i barely get 1lte bar if I stand outside? I guess who ever done the sensorly had a better rf phone than my g2.

Just looked up sensorly and I'm close to a dot that's 4g but my phone won't pick any up? Even where I work it shows decent coverage and yet i barely get 1lte bar if I stand outside? I guess who ever done the sensorly had a better rf phone than my g2.

Probably a Nexus 5 or S4.

I need some help with an MMS issue.  I was able to group text via MMS fine using Hangouts or Textra.  Then I took the update and my texts were not getting to me for a while.  Then I followed this procedure to reprovision the phone, dial ##72786# and it worked really well.  Then yesterday I realized that my group MMS messages were not getting to non-sprint customers. but I tested it to my family on Sprint and that worked just fine.  I also tried a picture mail and that didn't make it to a friend on AT&T either.  Could someone help me with this issue?

I need some help with an MMS issue. I was able to group text via MMS fine using Hangouts or Textra. Then I took the update and my texts were not getting to me for a while. Then I followed this procedure to reprovision the phone, dial ##72786# and it worked really well. Then yesterday I realized that my group MMS messages were not getting to non-sprint customers. but I tested it to my family on Sprint and that worked just fine. I also tried a picture mail and that didn't make it to a friend on AT&T either. Could someone help me with this issue?

I think its an issie with the stock messaging app. I have a tmobile G2 and same issue. I switched to hangouts and bam! All mms working great

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think its an issie with the stock messaging app. I have a tmobile G2 and same issue. I switched to hangouts and bam! All mms working great

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

May I recommend Textra? I'm not a fan of the boring hangouts UI.

• Like 2

So I have a poetic case on my G2 which I like for my purpose but my biggest issue is that the kickstand opens on the wrong side so if I turn on a video in like the WatchESPN app and set my phone up with the kickstand the video is upside down.  Any idea how to make apps the lock video orientation flip to the other side of the screen?

Additionally, I am bored and thinking about giving the Optimus DE rom a try.  Anyone have any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks,

Eric

So I have a poetic case on my G2 which I like for my purpose but my biggest issue is that the kickstand opens on the wrong side so if I turn on a video in like the WatchESPN app and set my phone up with the kickstand the video is upside down.  Any idea how to make apps the lock video orientation flip to the other side of the screen?

Additionally, I am bored and thinking about giving the Optimus DE rom a try.  Anyone have any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks,

Eric

Optimus DE 2.2 has been amazing. Rock solid, more fluid and better battery life. Routine get over 5 to 6 hours of screen on time at 40% brightness. 

• Like 1

I used to come home and have 76%-78% and that is from 6:00am when I take it off the charger to 6:00pm when I come home. Since this Spark update, I get home and the battery icon is orange, begging to be charged.

I know the Spark kicked in two more antenna's and now it is tri-band, which is most likely the reason for a HUGH difference in battery length. Is this something that can be corrected with a software update or it is just the world we have to live in since tri-band is now enabled on the phone?

My battery life is fine but my stand by time has been horrible since the spark update.

That's my problem, standby time.

Also for your enjoyment, KitKat enhancements video by LG UK 

^Very cool video and it seems the G2 is even going to be faster than it already is. For the test they first did a factory reset. First thing I will do after the KitKat is downloaded is then do a factory reset. I also hope the 4.4.2 update fixes the battery problem

• Like 1

I used to come home and have 76%-78% and that is from 6:00am when I take it off the charger to 6:00pm when I come home. Since this Spark update, I get home and the battery icon is orange, begging to be charged.

I know the Spark kicked in two more antenna's and now it is tri-band, which is most likely the reason for a HUGH difference in battery length. Is this something that can be corrected with a software update or it is just the world we have to live in since tri-band is now enabled on the phone?

I feel for those of you with the battery issues. I haven't had any problems with the new update. Last took my G2 off the charger yesterday at 7am and I currently have 58% remaining. Not bad for 35 hours of use. Haven't been using it heavily though, but normal usage. Lots of web surfing and calls and texts.

• Like 1