LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So I am not sure if it is because of the Spark update or not, but this morning my GPS went all bonky. It just bounced back and forth in the middle of a field and couldn't figure out where I was. I never had that happen before. The odd thing about it, though, is that for the past few days LTE has been really spotty or somehow offline in places it used to be a strong signal so this is probably the first time I used GPS with a 3G data connection. Once I finally picked up LTE, the GPS suddenly locked on and was fine.

So I am not sure if it is because of the Spark update or not, but this morning my GPS went all bonky. It just bounced back and forth in the middle of a field and couldn't figure out where I was. I never had that happen before. The odd thing about it, though, is that for the past few days LTE has been really spotty or somehow offline in places it used to be a strong signal so this is probably the first time I used GPS with a 3G data connection. Once I finally picked up LTE, the GPS suddenly locked on and was fine.

Welcome to the world of LG G2 GPS functionality.  Mine is like that all the time, as many other users report as well.  Hopefully it's just a glitch and you'll be good.  Your GPS always worked fine.  Many of us deal with this all the time.  I'm really hoping LG updates the GPS to correct this soon.  There are a lot of owners reporting GPS issues. 

Ok, been lurking for some time and today had the weirdest thing happen that I have to ask for some help on.  I'm not sure if this is a sprint thing or G2 thing, but figured there's some pretty smart folks here either way.

So, my phone rang 2 times and stopped.  As I went to pick it up to see who had called, the incoming call was still active and marked as an unknown caller but instead of the usual screen with 3 circular buttons (answer, decline, decline/message) there were just two square buttons to either accept or decline.  I went ahead and accepted and that's when it got even weirder.  It wasn't my typical phone app that answered.  It was very basic looking app (sorry going from shaky memory here) that had something that made think that phone number calling was 100.  It said something to the extent of it being a voip call and something about it depending on wifi and had maybe 4 more simple looking buttons for handing up and whatnot.

I've never seen anything like that before but the wording about a voip call and wifi got me all excited for a minute. 

Anyone have any ideas what happened?  I've tried searching and found nothing and I swear I haven't even started drinking yet.

Thanks,

Brent

How is hd voice on the g2? Regular call quality is probably the worst I've ever heard on a mobile device.

Vince

Fantastic! My wife has a G2 and I got the Flex and even with her on speakerphone it was crazy how clear the sound was great it was.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

With HD voice, you can hear all the s and c sound so clearly, so must more high frequency response. But when using a Bluetooth in car system, the quality took a dump because I don't believe Bluetooth headsets are specified to have the same bandwidth as speakers.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Between the horrible call quality, the bad Bluetooth, and the gps not locking on in many places, I had to give this phone back to Sprint. It's a shame because it really is a nice phone, and spark is ridiculously fast.

Vince

• Like 1

Between the horrible call quality, the bad Bluetooth, and the gps not locking on in many places, I had to give this phone back to Sprint. It's a shame because it really is a nice phone, and spark is ridiculously fast.

Vince

I am past the date that I could do that, but I wish I could because this phone drives me nuts with the blue tooth call quality. I use that a good bit. Also recently I was stuck roaming and call quality was horrible.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Vince

What phone are you going to replace it with?

It's a long story, but I couldn't return it because of sprints stupid policy. And I really don't have the money to buy something else, so I reactivated my 5s. Sprints 14 day policy is confusing, granted I procrastinated. Exactly 2 weeks (14 days) was over the limit. Apparently, they count day one. So, what you think is day 14 is really day 15. I argued with a manager for an hour about this.

What phone are you going to replace it with?
Vince

That's ridiculous. I've returned phones on the very last day. They just didn't want the return.

Should have called care and they can call the store and make them return it.

Its not that, from what he described is actually how it works. The day you buy the phone is day 1 of owning it and you can return it within the first 14 days of owning the phone. For example if you had bought a phone feb 1st then feb 14th would be the last day to return it. I've never understood why that's so difficult.

• Like 1

Its not that, from what he described is actually how it works. The day you buy the phone is day 1 of owning it and you can return it within the first 14 days of owning the phone. For example if you had bought a phone feb 1st then feb 14th would be the last day to return it. I've never understood why that's so difficult.

Those poor Sprint execs who came up with that count are probably just bitter since they always got poor grades on their arithmetic tests.

Between the horrible call quality, the bad Bluetooth, and the gps not locking on in many places, I had to give this phone back to Sprint. It's a shame because it really is a nice phone, and spark is ridiculously fast. Vince

I know exactly where you're comming from. My phone mirrors all your G2 issues as well. I bought the Samsung GN3 at full cost just so I didn't have to deal with all the G2's issues.

My G2 is currently not activated. When 800 MHz LTE lights up in Hartisburg, I'll re- activate the G2 to see how well 800 LTE works, then sell the G2 and get another Tri Band device. Don't know which one yet. Maybe the N5 for stellar RF, but really want a big screen and great RF.

Right. I missed the part where it was day 15.

I have heard stories of stores not wanting to do it even when they could have because they had already had so many returns that month they didn't want any more.

I don't understand how there are so many probs with this phone...initially I DID have a problem with the earpiece being jacked up, and once I exchanged it and received this new phone (refurbish), I've not had even one issue. GPS has led me all over downtown Birmingham in rush hour, during Christmas...several times a week for the entire holiday season...My niece almost passed away in children's hospital and stayed from 12/16 until 01/17 at children's...so we made trips every day, sometimes twice a day. Granted after a little while, we knew the route well enough, but still would use the phone to search for places nearby to eat, stores, gas stations, etc. And since being given this second G2, no earpiece problems, nothing at all the least bit odd with it at all. Maybe a bad batch of printed circuit boards got into LG's stock....but definitely weird.

• Like 1

. Maybe a bad batch of printed circuit boards got into LG's stock....but definitely weird. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Maybe? Unfortunately now, a bunch of us are past the return period and are stuck with them. Because of the original eCSFB issue, I didn't even get to start ant test the RF performance on LTE until the return period was almost up. By the time I found out the G2 is a POS, it was too late.

I imagine sending the device back to LG would be fruitless. I can just imagine them returning the phone to me saying "What problems?, everything worked just fine during our testing".

Live and learn....

It's because 99% of people don't think of it like that. Someone tells me 14 days, I instantly think 2 weeks.

Vince

It's because 99% of people don't think of it like that. Someone tells me 14 days, I instantly think 2 weeks.

Vince

From my experience with returns, most places count the day you purchase it as day one. Just because hte customer doesn't think of it that way doesn't make it odd, it's really an industry standard. And the policy is written on the back of the receipt not only at Sprint, but just about every retailer in the country unless it's a small privately owned store.

I personally have no sympathy for people who end up outside of the return or exchange periods because of these facts. I understand a once-off type thing but any sort of excuse claiming they didn't know the policy, the one written right on the receipt like it is at most places, leaves most retail workers with no sympathy. If a person didn't do their own tiny bit of information gathering to check how long they have to return something, that sucks but it isn't the retailer's fault.

Back on topic:

I still haven't seen any of the issues people have been complaining about with call quality issues or GPS. I did have the original earpiece issue that was fixed by the update, and my GPS has worked flawlessly for me every time, can't say the same about my last 3 Samsung devices. I only have Band 25 in my area, but performance is decent on it, and more than I need on a daily basis.

• Like 3

Same here with all the happy campers.....

NO MAJOR issues with the LG G2 so I can't identify with the few who claim issue after issue.

The G2 has been and continues to be a phenomenal smartphone with butter smooth performance. Top of the line flagship amongst other flagship it holds it's own very well. Miracast is awesome displayed on HD 60" TV, WHOA!

• Like 3

i had that same problem returning a case. I returned it on apparently day 15. Whatever. ANyways i havent had gps issues and when i do bluetooth in my truck everyone says i sound fine. My only complaint is swype has a very bad lag time sometimes and especially when the phone is charging