LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I'm trying to figure if this is correct on the data and voice connections....roaming voice but ehrpd?

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Correct. For data, you're connected to Sprint eHRPD and for voice/texts, you're routed through Verizon.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I'm trying to figure if this is correct on the data and voice connections....roaming voice but ehrpd?

Yes, it is possible.  We have talked about this numerous times previously in numerous threads.  Where have you been?

By the way, your eHRPD signal strength is unusable, but that should come as no surprise.

AJ

Anyone realize you can copy numerous things and paste them wherever? I just linked people to a specific line of code in a webpage and linked a webpage all in 1 window. Pretty awesome feature to have a clip tray.

Sent from my LG-LS980

If I was not on a Triband device, I'd have an inconsistent 4G connection here waiting for my next class to start at 6pm.

Netflix/Reddit is blazing on this speed. ;)

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980

Is your device connecting to band 41 automatically or do you have to airplane mode or LTE only mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Is your device connecting to band 41 automatically or do you have to airplane mode or LTE only mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have it set to prioritize b41 in my LTE menu but I do have to cycle airplane otherwise it'll automatically connect me to b25. I've been on b41 since I cycled airplane mode though. Going for a strong 30 minutes now no disconnects.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 3

We don't have a confirmed way to disable b25 yet, right? I'd love to test for b41, but the b25 is strong in my area.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to wait until Spark update comes.

Edit: Imagine the N5 users. They can't connect to B41 at all because of how good their radio is for B25. Lol!

Sent from my LG-LS980

I have it set to prioritize b41 in my LTE menu but I do have to cycle airplane otherwise it'll automatically connect me to b25. I've been on b41 since I cycled airplane mode though. Going for a strong 30 minutes now no disconnects.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Are your Band Priority set like this:

B25 - 3

B26 - 1

B41 - 2?

Yes, it is possible. We have talked about this numerous times previously in numerous threads. Where have you been?

By the way, your eHRPD signal strength is unusable, but that should come as no surprise.

AJ

Sorry, AJ, when my brother passed away back in October, I lost touch of everything when it comes to the new phones, the tri-band setup, and the carrier fallback stuff. I've been trying to play catchup going on 2 weeks now.

Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to wait until Spark update comes. Edit: Imagine the N5 users. They can't connect to B41 at all because of how good their radio is for B25. Lol! Sent from my LG-LS980

LOL that is funny.  Hopefully LG, Qualcomm and Sprint can help fix the LTE thresholds on the G2 to be on par with the N5.  I don't buy that the N5 has superior antennas since I would imagine that LG would use the same antennas for the G2 as the N5.

Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to wait until Spark update comes. Edit: Imagine the N5 users. They can't connect to B41 at all because of how good their radio is for B25. Lol! Sent from my LG-LS980

Too much signal is a great problem to have..  :D

-Mike

Sent from my smokin' N5

• Like 1

Aren't they both the MSM8974...???

Yes.  And...???

AJ

Sorry, AJ, when my brother passed away back in October, I lost touch of everything when it comes to the new phones, the tri-band setup, and the carrier fallback stuff. I've been trying to play catchup going on 2 weeks now.

To be clear, this is nothing new.  It is not related to tri band nor e/CSFB.  A signal schism between between roaming CDMA1X and native EV-DO/eHRPD or LTE has been possible for years.  We get a similar situation posted a few times per month.  That is why I asked, "Where have you been?"

AJ

I personally never seen anything related to it until now, never been involved in a thread where it was mentioned until now, and really can't put anymore time than I already do into trying to read and get caught up on things. If I had seen or known of it then I would not have asked.

I personally never seen anything related to it until now, never been involved in a thread where it was mentioned until now, and really can't put anymore time than I already do into trying to read and get caught up on things. If I had seen or known of it then I would not have asked.

For years, the PRLs Sprint sends out have been designed to do exactly what you showed. Seek out Sprint EVDO while roaming before using 1x roaming data.

I, for some reason thought that being in a strong voice roaming area would have a lower threshold before dumping an unusable native data connection. I guess hanging on to unusable data they own is better business than switching to roaming data they have to pay extra for. I know you've done some extensive PRL work, do you think this will change as 800LTE becomes more prevalent?

LOL that is funny. Hopefully LG, Qualcomm and Sprint can help fix the LTE thresholds on the G2 to be on par with the N5. I don't buy that the N5 has superior antennas since I would imagine that LG would use the same antennas for the G2 as the N5.

I honestly think that it's just the baseband and the people behind optimizing it. I'm very sure the Spark update is going to be pretty awesome because it'll be bundled with a new radio.img that should be better optimized.

How do you get to that screen? Mine only has 1 for the highest

If you type ##3282# > LTE and hit (view). You should see that B41 will be either 1 or 2 and B25 will be listed as 3 no matter what. You can only set the prioritize them to be 1 or 0.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Has anyone tested the Sprint G2 with the Verizon G2 car dock? 

In Columbus Ohio, Verizon did not have them in any of the stores.  I tried a magnet but...  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48067217&postcount=61  It did also find that I needed a 3.1 amp USB car charger to power everything.

I have also seen on several occasions where I get a data error after a reset (triband enabled), then I get 800 SMR from a distant site then eHRPD  from a local site.  It was Byesville tower obtained north of Cambridge and New London East of Hilliard (Ohio in all cases).  I was hunting LTE at the time and was trying to reconnect to LTE in one case.  Could this be e/CFSB issues?

Also with the G2, I have noticed that older LTE sites are rarely visible while newer LTE sites I typically have few problems finding, which I assume is also e/CFSB issue or just part of the testing process.

It also amazes me how well the LTE speeds hold to the edge (or can fall off at the edge) --  I can be getting 12Mb downloads on one side of the street and nothing on the other side (on flat ground).  Sometimes I also get deadzones between LTE and 3G (or I am not patient enough).  I assume these will be future firmware fixes or network tuning (I know it is being worked on).

Of course I realize that I basically have a beta phone in a NV installation area. I have done that before with Wimax and software.  I have no complaints here, just observations.