LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I wish I understood how to do all that stuff.. Rooting, backup, flashing kernels??, recovery twrp??

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Eh.... then there is adb devices, adb reboot bootloader, adb reboot recovery, toss in a little fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.  :D   It's the internet man, head over to XDA, what you want to know and learn can be found and followed.  Since you have Sprint LG G2, start here and go from there >>>>>>>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/sprint

I wish I understood how to do all that stuff.. Rooting, backup, flashing kernels??, recovery twrp??

All that stuff is very easy to learn.  Its just a matter of how much effort you want to invest to learn it. 

My effort kind of involves my wife and 5 kids.. As much as I would like to learn I get lost very quickly..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatal

You aren't the only one with wife and multiple kids round here.  :lol:

If and when you want to learn, it's at your own pace, just look around and you will find it. 

I got wife, 4 kids, mom-in-law, dad-in-law, sis-in-law, niece(in law), nephew(in law) all here , under one roof. I used to have lots more time than I do now to learn about extra stuff...But with 11 people here....life is hectic.

About my phone...never would boot into it to begin with. Every time I tried, it would just reboot, and I would release volume down+ power soon as I saw the LG logo screen...Still booted to regular start-up.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Wow...I'm sure hectic doesn't even begin to describe it...

You're pretty spot-on. But it's what we do for our family, I'm glad my wife and I are in a position to help her family. They all work, and most likely I'll deed them a small piece of land beside me to put a small trailer on, but not seeing that in the next year or two.

With all these folks here, my airave and Sprint referral program has benefited from it....so even Sprint makes more because of my extra household members.

As an aside, I did have notification of an update when I woke up during my regular bout of insomnia tonight. Installed it already, so I guess the need to sideload has been postponed for now. Won't be able to get out and see what difference it makes until Thursday, but I still see my signal dropping from 5 bars to none, then back to 5 intermittent.

The spreadsheet says this area should be ok, but in an area I've previously mapped great LTE signal with my gs3, I can travel with my LG G2 and never hit LTE at all. Even sometimes cycling airplane doesn't give me anything but e-herpies.

I had the same problem several days ago. I couldn't access the root menu to perform a hard reset. I tried about 8 times and it finally responded.

My phone was acting extremely odd before the reset. It was overheating and draining my battery. Couldn't even access the stock email program. I couldn't perform a wipe from the phone which is why I manually did a hard reset.

Since the reset, everything was working fine and batter and heat levels were normal. Then I noticed that I couldn't receive any data connection. Regardless if I change the different mobile data options. I had the phone check for system update and the data would turn on? The data just came back on after another soft reset but I am starting to wonder if I got a dud.

Edited by dyun1dyun1

As an aside, I did have notification of an update when I woke up during my regular bout of insomnia tonight. Installed it already, so I guess the need to sideload has been postponed for now. Won't be able to get out and see what difference it makes until Thursday, but I still see my signal dropping from 5 bars to none, then back to 5 intermittent.

The spreadsheet says this area should be ok, but in an area I've previously mapped great LTE signal with my gs3, I can travel with my LG G2 and never hit LTE at all. Even sometimes cycling airplane doesn't give me anything but e-herpies.

It seems like CSFB can be enabled per site. The site local to my work had it disabled initially...a coworker was able to connect to LTE after it was accepted, but I wasn't able to connect until about a week or so after with the G2. The engineering screen would show it connected for about 5 seconds, then it would drop.

It seems like CSFB can be enabled per site. The site local to my work had it disabled initially...a coworker was able to connect to LTE after it was accepted, but I wasn't able to connect until about a week or so after with the G2. The engineering screen would show it connected for about 5 seconds, then it would drop.

That is happening in the Missouri market also. Some of them here will show my phone connected to lte but I couldn't receive phone calls. I had to change my phone to cdma/ev-do auto to get calls.

I don't buy that the N5 has superior antennas since I would imagine that LG would use the same antennas for the G2 as the N5.

That's not how antennae work. The physical antenna is probably the same type of wire, but the actual antenna location/shape/length/etc. will be different. Every device has unique antenna characteristics and design by necessity. You can't simply take an antenna design and scale it up/down for a different device, it all has to be done from scratch. Other parts in the phone can cause interference or change how the reception or transmission ends up when it exits the device body. The Nexus 5 and G2 are not identical designs.

That's not how antennae work. The physical antenna is probably the same type of wire, but the actual antenna location/shape/length/etc. will be different. Every device has unique antenna characteristics and design by necessity. You can't simply take an antenna design and scale it up/down for a different device, it all has to be done from scratch. Other parts in the phone can cause interference or change how the reception or transmission ends up when it exits the device body. The Nexus 5 and G2 are not identical designs.

You just partially deflated my hopes that someday, the LG G2 would be a super RF performer.  Now it is only left up to better radio .img files. 

I tried everything to get power+ vol down to boot me into recovery so I could sideload it...Just wouldn't go. I downloaded the modem alone and the full update, planned on doing the full update though. Just doesn't want to cooperate with me.

I got wife, 4 kids, mom-in-law, dad-in-law, sis-in-law, niece(in law), nephew(in law) all here , under one roof. I used to have lots more time than I do now to learn about extra stuff...But with 11 people here....life is hectic.

About my phone...never would boot into it to begin with. Every time I tried, it would just reboot, and I would release volume down+ power soon as I saw the LG logo screen...Still booted to regular start-up.

If you have flashed TWRP recovery, please download an app called QuickBoot on the Play store for easy one click access to TWRP recovery

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot&hl=en

You don't need to use the hard button method but if you are curious about it, here is a video that shows you how to get into recovery mode using hard buttons

• Like 1

You just partially deflated my hopes that someday, the LG G2 would be a super RF performer.  Now it is only left up to better radio .img files. 

I am sure it is just the baseband that needs to be updated.  Currently we are using .190034 in the ZV8 firmware and right now the latest Verizon radio image that is leaked is .190050 and tests from those testers using the .190050 baseband report better LTE reception for Verizon.  Hopefully Sprint ports the latest and greatest baseband when it comes time for the Spark update.

I am sure it is just the baseband that needs to be updated.  Currently we are using .190034 in the ZV8 firmware and right now the latest Verizon radio image that is leaked is .190050 and tests from those testers using the .190050 baseband report better LTE reception for Verizon.  Hopefully Sprint ports the latest and greatest baseband when it comes time for the Spark update.

We'll have to keep our fingers crossed.  The G2 is awesome except for the RF performance and the crackling voice quality that some users experience.  I'm still waiting for ZV8. 

But, hey, you got knock on. Knock on...knock off...knock on, knock off...the knocker!

;)

AJ

If you have flashed TWRP recovery, please download an app called QuickBoot on the Play store for easy one click access to TWRP recovery

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot&hl=en

You don't need to use the hard button method but if you are curious about it, here is a video that shows you how to get into recovery mode using hard buttons

Or Xposed might have a 4 in 1 reboot module for your device.  I loaded the Wanam Kit module on the N5 and when I hold the button to reboot it has the option to go to recovery. 

We'll have to keep our fingers crossed.  The G2 is awesome except for the RF performance and the crackling voice quality that some users experience.  I'm still waiting for ZV8. 

The crackling voice quality is fixed in ZV8.

Or Xposed might have a 4 in 1 reboot module for your device.  I loaded the Wanam Kit module on the N5 and when I hold the button to reboot it has the option to go to recovery. 

The G2 Xposed module does not have a reboot option.  I advise if you have a G2 to go through the Quickboot route since is so easy.  The Wanam module wad developed for Samsung devices and even though you load it on the N5, it sacrifices a lot of extra features that are specific to the G2.  I would much rather keep the G2 Xposed module and use Quickboot app.

The crackling voice quality is fixed in ZV8.

The G2 Xposed module does not have a reboot option. I advise if you have a G2 to go through the Quickboot route since is so easy. The Wanam module wad developed for Samsung devices and even though you load it on the N5, it sacrifices a lot of extra features that are specific to the G2. I would much rather keep the G2 Xposed module and use Quickboot app.

I use the Wanam Kit for 4.4.