LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I haven't gotten my update yet either but I have noticed ever since I got my phone that the external speakers are a little on the quiet side. Now maybe it's just cuz I came from an HTC one but I hardly used those speakers. I can't hear my phone when I'm trying to use it while I shower. I might hear a word here or there but it's just too quiet.

You can mod the speaker and headphone volume values to make it louder.

See this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2482750

Does anyones clock seem to change every now and then.. This is the second time I've noticed the time is completely messed up... Saying it is 10:40 now... Really is 440... And also, how are yall checking for the updates

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Does anyones clock seem to change every now and then.. This is the second time I've noticed the time is completely messed up... Saying it is 10:40 now... Really is 440... And also, how are yall checking for the updates

Im not having any issues with the time on my phone. As far as checking updates you can go to system settings then scroll down to system updates and manually check for an update. I received the latest update yesterday morning as it automatically showed up on the phone. I didn't realize there was one even available....I downloaded the update and haven't noticed anything different.

I knew how to check that way just wasn't sure if there was somewhere else to check for the updates.. I haven't received mine yet.. This is the second time with this clock issue..

I knew how to check that way just wasn't sure if there was somewhere else to check for the updates.. I haven't received mine yet.. This is the second time with this clock issue..

TapatalkI figured you knew already knew. I'm now to this phone so I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm kinda curious about your clock issues, I'd like to know for future reference. Good luck!

Tapatalk
I figured you knew already knew. I'm now to this phone so I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm kinda curious about your clock issues, I'd like to know for future reference. Good luck!

Good lord I can't type, fingers are too big for this keyboard...sorry.

I just got this phone a few days ago, obviously im a lil rough around the edges and trying to figure this thing out ;-p I'm with sprint and there in the testing phase for 4g right now here in Salt Lake City. There's very intermittent 4g service where it goes back and forth between 4g & 3g. There supposed to flip the switch sometime this weekend. Being technically challenged...is there anything that could be done to this g2(a setting/tweak)so its dialed in once they turn on or for good? Appreciate anyones advice!

Was up in salt lake city a few months back training to be an engineer with the railroad.. Some good times during those two weeks.. And as far as being technically challenged I'm in the same boat..

• Like 1

I just got this phone a few days ago, obviously im a lil rough around the edges and trying to figure this thing out ;-p I'm with sprint and there in the testing phase for 4g right now here in Salt Lake City. There's very intermittent 4g service where it goes back and forth between 4g & 3g. There supposed to flip the switch sometime this weekend. Being technically challenged...is there anything that could be done to this g2(a setting/tweak)so its dialed in once they turn on or for good? Appreciate anyones advice!

Not really. Once they turn things on, your phone will pick it up just fine. You could get a little head start by asking Sprint for your msl code so that you can unlock/enable bands 26 and 41. But then again, by the time salt lake launches and is well covered, the spark update will roll out to your phone by then, and you won't have to worry about manually enabling bands.

• Like 1

Not really. Once they turn things on, your phone will pick it up just fine. You could get a little head start by asking Sprint for your msl code so that you can unlock/enable bands 26 and 41. But then again, by the time salt lake launches and is well covered, the spark update will roll out to your phone by then, and you won't have to worry about manually enabling bands.

Sweet thanks man, appreciate it!

Was up in salt lake city a few months back training to be an engineer with the railroad.. Some good times during those two weeks.. And as far as being technically challenged I'm in the same boat..

you challenged?? lol You gotta be pretty smart to be an engineer, hope the job is going well

Lol you don't have to be that smart to be an engineer (the one that "drives" the trains) hence the name I run trains.. Not too much to it.. But yes challenged.. Lol

At least you clarified. I interpreted your screen name differently.

• Like 1

You can mod the speaker and headphone volume values to make it louder.

See this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2482750

I normally root my phone but I haven't found a need to just yet. Battery life has been awesome and I don't really have too much bloat on the phone. If I do root later on I'll keep this in mind.

I believe a few post back there was a post that told you a code to get your phone to display the msl number. When I get home I will try and find it.

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs
##RTN# - RTN Menu*
##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. this menu blocked by MSL. Simply enter your msl*
##DATA# - Advanced data menu. *
##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*
##CLEAR# - Reset network settings
##UPDATE# - Forces Activation
##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
##WLAN# - WLAN info*
##LOG# - syslog info*
##MRU# - MRU Clear
##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
##TEST - Data Test menu*
##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321
##4433386368# - Developer menu* - What is SKT Sprint?
##4437736368# - Producer menu*

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G
Thanks to all who helped

credit to XDA, in this post.

Sorry if this is repetitive but I was wondering if anyone has seen that the band priorities are different depending on if you're viewing them or editing them? Viewing I have 25-2 26-3 41-1, and editing them I can only choose between 0 and 1. Also editing them does not change their order when you go in and just view them. Is this normal? Also just to be clear the viewing I'm talking about is the one you can do without your msl.

5689#*980# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to EricDabbs

##RTN# - RTN Menu*

##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.

##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. this menu blocked by MSL. Simply enter your msl*

##DATA# - Advanced data menu. *

##DEBUG# - Debug Menu*

##CLEAR# - Reset network settings

##UPDATE# - Forces Activation

##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS

##GPSTESTPRL# - ??

##WLAN# - WLAN info*

##LOG# - syslog info*

##MRU# - MRU Clear

##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD

##TEST - Data Test menu*

##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu*

##443336772# Shows MSL code near the bottom of the screen thanks mojo4321

##4433386368# - Developer menu* - What is SKT Sprint?

##4437736368# - Producer menu*

Most of these work credit to AutoPrime Optimus G

Thanks to all who helped

credit to XDA, in this post.

I typed in the ##443336772# code and "Spc Code: 933144" popped up. Is this the msl number you are referring too? What am I supposed to do with this msl # and what's the advantage versus just leaving the phone as is and downloading the upgrade when it comes available?

Does anyones clock seem to change every now and then.. This is the second time I've noticed the time is completely messed up... Saying it is 10:40 now... Really is 440...

You are probably hitting a site that has its time zone set wrong. Happened to me for awhile, there was one area that would consistently flip my phone to a time zone somewhere in Russia.. only thing you can do is disable the option to set your time zone through the network.

-Mike

I typed in the ##443336772# code and "Spc Code: 933144" popped up. Is this the msl number you are referring too? What am I supposed to do with this msl # and what's the advantage versus just leaving the phone as is and downloading the upgrade when it comes available?

Yes, that is the missile launch code.  Abort!  Abort!

:P

AJ

• Like 1

You are probably hitting a site that has its time zone set wrong. Happened to me for awhile, there was one area that would consistently flip my phone to a time zone somewhere in Russia.. only thing you can do is disable the option to set your time zone through the network.

-Mike

Also, being near a division in the time zones can cause this...I live near the Georgia line (not so near that this is a problem)...but sometimes if you hit on a tower that's across the state line in Georgia (which is +1hr from Alabama)...it will make the time jump.

Granted, it won't be a +6hr jump...but I've seen mine go +1 / -1 now and then.