LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

The crackling voice quality is fixed in ZV8.

I have read that the crackling voice is fixed in ZV8 on these threads.  I'm patiently waiting for my ZV8 to come along (This is why I don't play games of chance - I'm always a donator not a receiver). 

I can build a computer, and I have no problem whatsoever repairing Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometers at work, but I'm afraid to root or install the updates to my phone.  I'm afraid I'll "brick" it!  Go figure...

• Like 1

I have read that the crackling voice is fixed in ZV8 on these threads.  I'm patiently waiting for my ZV8 to come along (This is why I don't play games of chance - I'm always a donator not a receiver). 

I can build a computer, and I have no problem whatsoever repairing Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometers at work, but I'm afraid to root or install the updates to my phone.  I'm afraid I'll "brick" it!  Go figure...

Uhhhhh...I am a bit confused on the context of your post.  I was just merely saying that the ZV8 firmware fixes the crackling voice.  I don't get how the conversation turned into advocated for a root/brick fest on your phone?  Don't worry the ZV8 firmware will come.

I use the Wanam Kit for 4.4.

Yes Wanam Kit is fine for Nexus 5 because that uses stock Android just like how this Xposed module could be used for CM/AOSP and the description say sits for Nexus 5 4.4+ stock Android ROMs. 

However I assume Jonathanm1978 uses the G2 with LG stock rom.  In this case the Quickboot app is a much better option if you need a quick reboot and recovery option instead of looking around and installing random modules just to find this one feature that he needs.  I personally use the Quickboot app to launch into TWRP recovery and works great.  I love the G2 Xposed module because it has features that are specific to the G2 that the Wanam Kit wouldn't provide.  Besides we are using the 4.2.2

Uhhhhh...I am a bit confused on the context of your post.  I was just merely saying that the ZV8 firmware fixes the crackling voice.  I don't get how the conversation turned into advocated for a root/brick fest on your phone?  Don't worry the ZV8 firmware will come.

Sorry to confuse you.  All I meant was that I wish I knew how to load the ZV8 update myself NOW instead of having to wait for it.  My phone is one of the cracklers  I'd be afraid to try and load it like you and the other experts on this forum can so easily do. 

Sorry to confuse you.  All I meant was that I wish I knew how to load the ZV8 update myself NOW instead of having to wait for it.  My phone is one of the cracklers  I'd be afraid to try and load it like you and the other experts on this forum can so easily do. 

If you are not rooted, you don't have to worry about these other methods since you

These other methods involve flashing the ZV8 update using TWRP recovery since they don't want to have to flash back to stock firmware and redo settings just to take the OTA.  I personally updated to ZV8 using these other methods via flashing a zip file in TWRP recovery so I don't have to flash back to stock firmware since it will take a lot of time and effort to redo everything.

If you are rooted, it is not advised to take the OTA update since it may cause issues when the stock OTA update tries to install on something that is rooted.  It is advised to flash back to stock firmware and be unrooted as if its a brand new phone and then take the OTA update.  But at the same time this is why people on this thread and on XDA are looking for ways to flash the new ZV8 firmware update without needing to flash back to stock firmware to save time.

Wondering...

Can current G2 owners who also used an HTC EVO4GLTE compare RF numbers. It's my understanding to expect better numbers from the G2, was curious as to how much better.

Thanks

Um.... yeah, the EVO LTE is a dog of dogs when it comes to RF performance... the worst name for a device that had such troubles with LTE. Lol

I did have EVO LTE and my wife currently uses a EVO LTE and side by side, my HTC One and the LTE, One was much better than the EVO LTE and my G2 is even better (in my comparisons) than the One. 

I don't know why or what device people came from (maybe they had Note 2's or something) that the G2 isn't performing up to standards but real world, the G2 has been great and definitely a HUGE step up from the EVO LTE. 

• Like 1

Yes Wanam Kit is fine for Nexus 5 because that uses stock Android just like how this Xposed module could be used for CM/AOSP and the description say sits for Nexus 5 4.4+ stock Android ROMs.

However I assume Jonathanm1978 uses the G2 with LG stock rom. In this case the Quickboot app is a much better option if you need a quick reboot and recovery option instead of looking around and installing random modules just to find this one feature that he needs. I personally use the Quickboot app to launch into TWRP recovery and works great. I love the G2 Xposed module because it has features that are specific to the G2 that the Wanam Kit wouldn't provide. Besides we are using the 4.2.2

Think you were confused on my initial post. Oh well.. Carry on.

I'm not rooted at all, so hardware is the only way I can do anything right now.

By the way, the G2 has a fresh PRL, from 55016 to 60657.

I'm not sure, but if I remember right, the iPhone PRL matches this doesn't it? Wasn't 55016 the PRL iPhone had also?

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

I'm not rooted at all, so hardware is the only way I can do anything right now.

By the way, the G2 has a fresh PRL, from 55016 to 60657.

I'm not sure, but if I remember right, the iPhone PRL matches this doesn't it? Wasn't 55016 the PRL iPhone had also?

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Current (from what I have seen today) is 55017. You saying you got that 60657 today? I got 55017 today.

EDIT! Just updated my buddies phone, who has the software update on his G2 and yes, I see, PRL just went from 55016 to 60657. Interestingly enough, I do not have the software update yet and no amounts of PRL updates will bump me up past 55017.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Current (from what I have seen today) is 55017. You saying you got that 60657 today? I got 55017 today.

EDIT! Just updated my buddies phone, who has the software update on his G2 and yes, I see, PRL just went from 55016 to 60657. Interestingly enough, I do not have the software update yet and no amounts of PRL updates will bump me up past 55017.

I have the new one as well. My G2 had been hanging on to signals as low as -122

• Like 1

I have the new one as well. My G2 had been hanging on to signals as low as -122

Are you on updated or original software and are you saying it "no longer" holds on to signals that long after PRL update?

55017 on my end.

Are you on updated or original software?

Are you on updated or original software and are you saying it "no longer" holds on to signals that long after PRL update?

Are you on updated or original software?

I don't have zv8. My signal seems stronger but that could be me.

Software on the phone doesn't drive the PRL version. It's based on the device type and account type combination. 55017 is what residential account LTE world phones get.

So why do I have the new one? Maybe I don't understand it.

So why do I have the new one? Maybe I don't understand it.

No idea. Someone needs to pull it with QPST. It's easy on that phone. Put it in diag mode and hit read. That rl0 file is the PRL. Send it to me.

I was rooted when I tried the update...twice...and no go. I force "side loaded" the update after downloading and it loaded successfully, however, I was "Un-Rooted" again. I just had to run the ioroot again and all was good in the world....

So I just got to work and sure as hell could not connect to lte with the 60657 prl. Had update it to the 55016.

Were you able to pull this 60657?  I hope someone can send me a copy so I can make some contacts with proof in hand.

• Like 1