LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

My G2 has fantastic call quality. My wife and I both have one and the calls that we make to each other are beyond any phone I've ever heard, including landlines. My speaker is a lot louder than my Evo 3D. It must be some kind of regional issue with certain equipment combinations or something. I even had someone stop me at the school I work at and ask me how I liked my G2 because his wife has one and he is waiting to upgrade to one as well.

• Like 1

My G2 has fantastic call quality. My wife and I both have one and the calls that we make to each other are beyond any phone I've ever heard, including landlines. My speaker is a lot louder than my Evo 3D. It must be some kind of regional issue with certain equipment combinations or something. I even had someone stop me at the school I work at and ask me how I liked my G2 because his wife has one and he is waiting to upgrade to one as well.

Other then the issues with Pandora screeching I love this phone. Camera is amazing.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

i guess it has to be for different regions because my call quality is awesome..my dad even asked me while i was talking to him what was i doing different because he could hear me so much better, thats when i told him i got a new phone..i havent had any crackling or anything like that with the exception of listening to headphones on pandora..i get a white noise, scretching sound every now and then but other than that, this is definitely the best phone ive had.

This I think is playing a big part. For those of you with call quality issues I wonder if you have 800 complete in your area.

I frequently look at my phone to make sure I haven't accidently hit speakerphone because my calls are just THAT loud due to my area having 800 complete for voice.

This I think is playing a big part. For those of you with call quality issues I wonder if you have 800 complete in your area.

I frequently look at my phone to make sure I haven't accidently hit speakerphone because my calls are just THAT loud due to my area having 800 complete for voice.

My area is voice 800 complete.  Just waiting for LTE 800 now...

My area is voice 800 complete. Just waiting for LTE 800 now...

And how's your voice quality? Good or cracked and broken?

Edit. Just read what you posted not too long ago. I haven't had any issues with mine as far as sounding tinny. Mine sounds how all my phones have just my g2 has a lot more oomph behind the sound it puts out. The speakerphone being the only thing that lacks.

And how's your voice quality? Good or cracked and broken? Edit. Just read what you posted not too long ago. I haven't had any issues with mine as far as sounding tinny. Mine sounds how all my phones have just my g2 has a lot more oomph behind the sound it puts out. The speakerphone being the only thing that lacks.

Some calls, not all, have the crackle.  It sounds like when you turn the speaker up way too loud and it distorts. 

I actually think that if the incoming voice is a little loud, such as on automated systems, it over-modulates the codec. 

Edited by The_Chemist

Where did you find the ported mood at, I couldn't find it anywhere!

Xda, where else? lol - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2544206

This update needs to roll out quicker so we can see if it improves at all for sure. I'd be interested to know if my quality gets better than it already is.

Go to apps > all > Google services framework > clear data > force stop > then click check now under update LG software :)

• Like 1

Screeching as like high pitched chirps? Since the update it has not done it( knocks on wood) sounds amazing on the phone.

Exactly. I haven't received the update yet. Also Spotify said they fix the crashing issue boy did they lie.

Exactly. I haven't received the update yet. Also Spotify said they fix the crashing issue boy did they lie.

What crashing issue? I use Spotify nearly every day on my G2 and it hasn't crashed once..

What crashing issue? I use Spotify nearly every day on my G2 and it hasn't crashed once..

I can be listening to spotify and have it running in the background and it just randomly close. Someone suggested force stop it and clear data. Thought that fixed it but happen a couple days later. Then they put an update out that said they fixed it. NOT

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Xda, where else? lol - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2544206

Go to apps > all > Google services framework > clear data > force stop > then click check now under update LG software :)

A Google engineer recently mentioned it's not a good idea to clear data like that to try forcing updates, it breaks some other things. The article(s) have been making the rounds, here's one of them: http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

-Mike

• Like 1

A Google engineer recently mentioned it's not a good idea to clear data like that to try forcing updates, it breaks some other things. The article(s) have been making the rounds, here's one of them: http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

-Mike

Thank You Mike. I'll just wait until I receive the push update.

If I was not on a Triband device, I'd have an inconsistent 4G connection here waiting for my next class to start at 6pm.

Netflix/Reddit is blazing on this speed. ;)

pybabada.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980

You're making me jealous!  It'll be years before they have band 41 here in Harrisburg.  Enjoy it!

• Like 1