LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I would think if it was "Spark" related, we would see the baseband change, as that's the modem ...just a software update so only thing different from my "About" is the software version...from ZV7 to ZV8.

Wouldn't the baseband version be different under a Spark updated version? As in, writing new firmware to the modem baseband to enable 26, 41 and the priorities they should be in...

I guess it could fall under software update and not touch the baseband...but that would probably mean reception won't change much (fringe LTE ..ceiling levels before dropping from LTE back to 3G, etc).

Good question...its unlikely that they would forget to change the version number, but who knows.

I wonder if that's still something that you can edit in the build.prop.

Good question...would modifying my build.prop file affect that? 

I would think if it was "Spark" related, we would see the baseband change, as that's the modem ...just a software update so only thing different from my "About" is the software version...from ZV7 to ZV8.

Wouldn't the baseband version be different under a Spark updated version? As in, writing new firmware to the modem baseband to enable 26, 41 and the priorities they should be in...

I guess it could fall under software update and not touch the baseband...but that would probably mean reception won't change much (fringe LTE ..ceiling levels before dropping from LTE back to 3G, etc).

I think all bets are off of this being a "Spark" Update as the update on the support page says it's an audio fix/google security update:

screenshot it doesn't seem to be a spark update...don't have the symbol and the lte towers in my area have not been upgraded..so I cant test LTE

LOL you really thought it was the spark update?  Do you remember how big the size of the update was?  I assume the Spark update will be a decent size.

All the ZV8 build does is fix the garbling audio issue during phone calls which is a much needed fix.  When Sprint says the Spark update will come in early 2014, I think they really mean that.  Also we don't know if Sprint might combine the Spark update and Android 4.4 update together in the same build.

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

ZV8 12/06/2013
  • Audio issue enhancement
  • Google security patch
  • Like 1

<p>

LOL you really thought it was the spark update? Do you remember how big the size of the update was? I assume the Spark update will be a decent size.

All the ZV8 build does is fix the garbling audio issue during phone calls which is a much needed fix. When Sprint says the Spark update will come in early 2014, I think they really mean that. Also we don't know if Sprint might combine the Spark update and Android 4.4 update together in the same build.

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes ZV8 12/06/2013

• Audio issue enhancement
  • Google security patch

I think it was 108mb...decent size for just and audio update...camera seems better inside almosr flawless with no lag

110 mb seems pretty hefty just for an audio update and security patch. I was all excited for an improved baseband.

I don't think the baseband change will occur until either the Spark update or Android 4.4.

My update was 110.4mb just checked for it, wonder if it also fixed the high pitched chirp in pandora? Ill test that when it updates.

Edit, seems like the high pitched chirp is gone(atleast on the speaker) if anyone else can try also to see if theres is gone too. Ill try it with headphones and bluetooth later.

Edited by ghostkilla1388

My update was 110.4mb just checked for it, wonder if it also fixed the high pitched chirp in pandora? Ill test that when it updates.

Edit, seems like the high pitched chirp is gone(atleast on the speaker) if anyone else can try also to see if theres is gone too. Ill try it with headphones and bluetooth later.

You mean the update actually cured your Tourette's tic?

:P

AJ

That was exactly my issue. After swapping phones, visits to Sprint stores, and multiple calls to Sprint support, I called back tonight and asked them to check my SIM card registration. They identified that it hadn't been registered correctly. Now I finally have 4G LTE!! Thanks for posting your solution!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Glad i was able to help!  I was very surprised that I got 2 phones with this issue.  Wonder if it is LG's fault or Sprint for mixing up the SIM #'s.  

I seem to have issues trying to take screen shots, but just got the update.  It says [Production]- LS980ZV7_01_to_ZV8_13.  

Then says:  This system update will ensure your device is working at optimal performance with the Sprint network.  The Update will require that your phone is rebooted and it will not be available for emergency calls while installing the software."

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the zv8 firmware fixed the audio issue during phone calls? Any other noticable improvements?

I have not noticed anything different although i didnt have a problem before. One thing i have noted a few times was that the ear peice was a little low compaired to my note 2, turned on and off the voice enhancement and no change. I can deal with it im just use to it being plenty loud on my old phone.

I noticed the speakerphone was quite low from the first day. My Sammy gs3 was plenty loud and then had extra oomph on the call screen to add some volume to it if you so desired. I hate to have to download an app to boost it. . .But I also haven't got this update yet either. Maybe they are doing it in a location-based rollout, or only certain MSC's at a time.

I got my g2 a few days ago so maybe its too soon, but I have experienced any sound/voice issues....works great! I got the update earlier today and did the download but haven't noticed anything different one way or the other.

I got my g2 a few days ago so maybe its too soon, but I have experienced any sound/voice issues....works great! I got the update earlier today and did the download but haven't noticed anything different one way or the other.

oops....HAVEN'T. experienced any issues

I haven't gotten my update yet either but I have noticed ever since I got my phone that the external speakers are a little on the quiet side. Now maybe it's just cuz I came from an HTC one but I hardly used those speakers.

I can't hear my phone when I'm trying to use it while I shower. I might hear a word here or there but it's just too quiet.