LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Yes, that is the missile launch code. Abort! Abort!

:P

AJ

Whats the advantage of launching band 41 versus just leaving the phone alone and letting the phone take the update at some point in the future? I assume sprint will be pushing this update at some point? Whats the process of enabling band 41, and is this something I should mess with? I don't want failure to launch and end up taking the phone back because I blew it up ;-P

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Whats the advantage of launching band 41 versus just leaving the phone alone and letting the phone take the update at some point in the future? I assume sprint will be pushing this update at some point? Whats the process of enabling band 41, and is this something I should mess with? I don't want failure to launch and end up taking the phone back because I blew it up ;-P

The advantage is you get faster internet speeds. If there are any band 41 towers in your area this will allow you to connect. If you go into the ##3282# screen and go to lte and click edit you can enable the other two bands.

This is a good reason to activate band 41, see the difference is speed.Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How far were you from the B25 tower?

Anyone tried to use the tool on LG's website to update their phone? I got the app downloaded from LG and it says I need the drivers installed through the app but our model isn't listed. Anyone else tried this or have you all just waited for it to show up on your phone?

I was sitting on the toilet and saw a funny looking icon in my notification bar. I clicked it and it said the update is ready to install.

Anyone tried to use the tool on LG's website to update their phone? I got the app downloaded from LG and it says I need the drivers installed through the app but our model isn't listed. Anyone else tried this or have you all just waited for it to show up on your phone?

I tried installing the LG mobile update tool the other day, way before this update came out. No luck with it. The closest thing to LS980 they have is the LS970. Usually takes a few weeks before they update the tool, I'm sure the usb driver is already in LG's support personnel hands.

I have this icon that pops up in the upper left of the status bar that looks like a cell phone with a eyeball inside of it. Its so intermittent and comes and goes so quick that I can't figure out what it is. Ive tried taking a screen shot to try and post on here, but as quick as it shows up it vanishes. I've looked online and pulled up the g2 users manual.....it shows pictures of all the status icons except the one that keeps popping up on my phone. Anyone have an idea what it is??

If I remember correctly, might be an icon for when you look away from your screen to stop a video of something like that.. Kind of like the Samsung s4.. So when you look at your screen it disappears..

• Like 1

How far were you from the B25 tower?

But that's just it. In the places with Band 41 deployed, there may be scant or no Band 25. So enabling Band 41 on your device gives you faster speeds and increased coverage.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I have this icon that pops up in the upper left of the status bar that looks like a cell phone with a eyeball inside of it. Its so intermittent and comes and goes so quick that I can't figure out what it is. Ive tried taking a screen shot to try and post on here, but as quick as it shows up it vanishes. I've looked online and pulled up the g2 users manual.....it shows pictures of all the status icons except the one that keeps popping up on my phone. Anyone have an idea what it is??Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

There is a setting in display settings to track your face and turn off the screen when it doesn't detect that you are looking at the screen. It pops up showing that it is looking for your face and when you look at the screen, it sees your face and keeps the screen on.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, might be an icon for when you look away from your screen to stop a video of something like that.. Kind of like the Samsung s4.. So when you look at your screen it disappears..

TapatalkI think that's it, you da man! Thx!

There is a setting in display settings to track your face and turn off the screen when it doesn't detect that you are looking at the screen. It pops up showing that it is looking for your face and when you look at the screen, it sees your face and keeps the screen on.

Thats it thanks man!

I have the G2 and its a great phone. I have noticed along with many people that the call quality is very lacking compared to any other phone. It has hissing and crackling. Next to a sprint iphone, the iphone sounds much better. I also have some issues with the signal bars fluctuating a lot. I dropped 2 calls and I was right next to the tower that is broadcasting upgraded 3g and 4g lte. I have not had any issues with the iphone. 

In my opinion, the HTC ONE is the nicest phone, and its speakers are amazing (lg g2 speakers are low). I want to get the next version of the HTC one when it comes out, so I think I will hold onto the G2 because it will have the highest resale value when the time comes around.

Does anyone have any experience with the g2 and its call quality? A workaround was posted to disable something in a menu, but even after that, it has not helped 100 percent. It made it better, but when I have it on speaker in the car I can not hear it clearly. Its a shame, and why has sprint not made any announcement about the issue?

I have the G2 and its a great phone. I have noticed along with many people that the call quality is very lacking compared to any other phone. It has hissing and crackling. Next to a sprint iphone, the iphone sounds much better. I also have some issues with the signal bars fluctuating a lot. I dropped 2 calls and I was right next to the tower that is broadcasting upgraded 3g and 4g lte. I have not had any issues with the iphone. 

In my opinion, the HTC ONE is the nicest phone, and its speakers are amazing (lg g2 speakers are low). I want to get the next version of the HTC one when it comes out, so I think I will hold onto the G2 because it will have the highest resale value when the time comes around.

Does anyone have any experience with the g2 and its call quality? A workaround was posted to disable something in a menu, but even after that, it has not helped 100 percent. It made it better, but when I have it on speaker in the car I can not hear it clearly. Its a shame, and why has sprint not made any announcement about the issue?

There is currently an update being pushed that should help with the "crackling' call quality.  I have not received the update yet, but it is being pushed out in waves, so hopefully I'll get it in a day or two.  I tried to manually download the update from the LG website, but in their infinite wisdom they don't have the drivers for the Sprint LG G2. 

I also have the fluctuating signal bars as you stated.  I also feel that the RF performance is very lacking.  Hopefully a not too distant future update will fix these problems as well. 

I think the general sound quality of this phone is very tinny.  There is no warmth at all.  According to many people that I speak to with the G2, the mic gain could be a tad bit louder as well. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Yup, I got the update (I think) on Friday. I manually checked and it was there. Around 110 mb uodate. I have not noticed an improvement. I was thinking of should I go back to that menu and renable what I disabled? (the workaround that was posted a bit ago)

Yup, I got the update (I think) on Friday. I manually checked and it was there. Around 110 mb uodate. I have not noticed an improvement. I was thinking of should I go back to that menu and renable what I disabled? (the workaround that was posted a bit ago)

I'm not going to make that work-around change to mine.  From what I wiki'd about it, that is a variable voice codec.  I'm not so sure it's such a good idea to mess around with that.  I was going to order a N5, but now the latest update for the N5 took away the fantastic RF qualities that it had - at least from what I have read.  I guess I'll just hold on to this G2 until something better comes along with great sound and great RF.  The G2 call quality is disappointing at best.  My other phone (a Verizon Droid Bionic), sounds so good it's just like being on a landline.  The bionic has a really rich warm sounding earpiece. The G2 isn't anywhere close to that, it's very tinny. 

I'm not going to make that work-around change to mine.  From what I wiki'd about it, that is a variable voice codec.  I'm not so sure it's such a good idea to mess around with that.  I was going to order a N5, but now the latest update for the N5 took away the fantastic RF qualities that it had - at least from what I have read.  I guess I'll just hold on to this G2 until something better comes along with great sound and great RF.  The G2 call quality is disappointing at best.  My other phone (a Verizon Droid Bionic), sounds so good it's just like being on a landline.  The bionic has a really rich warm sounding earpiece. The G2 isn't anywhere close to that, it's very tinny. 

Very Tinny. This was the first phone I activated on sprint. I am coming from verizon and was testing mine before porting the rest over. I almost sent every phone back, but I activated an iphone to test and the iphone sounds very good. I want to hold onto this because its the only spark phone that I like. Hopefully the new HTC one will come out soon and I will sell this and buy the HTC. The g2 should not depreciate that much for resale value.

Very Tinny. This was the first phone I activated on sprint. I am coming from verizon and was testing mine before porting the rest over. I almost sent every phone back, but I activated an iphone to test and the iphone sounds very good. I want to hold onto this because its the only spark phone that I like. Hopefully the new HTC one will come out soon and I will sell this and buy the HTC. The g2 should not depreciate that much for resale value.

I'm with you on that one...  The new HTC should be awesome as long as HTC decides to put some effort into the RF performance this time around.  I really wish that there were some organization that would establish minimum reception and transmission standards for cell phones.  It appears that the manufacturers of some of the current crop of devices is focusing on the "gee whiz" features and totally forgetting about the two way radio and sound quality. 

i guess it has to be for different regions because my call quality is awesome..my dad even asked me while i was talking to him what was i doing different because he could hear me so much better, thats when i told him i got a new phone..i havent had any crackling  or anything like that with the exception of listening to headphones on pandora..i get a white noise, scretching sound every now and then but other than that, this is definitely the best phone ive had.