Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

The better with which to get around auto ip blocks, my dear.

Lisa Simpson: “Nuke the Whales”? You don’t really believe that, do you?

Nelson Muntz: I dunno. Gotta nuke somethin'.

Lisa Simpson: Touché

• Like 1

700 is useless A block.

850 is good.

1700/2100 AWS is useful but sprint wouldn't own enough to make it worth it.

1900 pcs very useful.

I know that's why I don't get them buying them I guess only for 1900 and does sprint even use 850? I know 800smr is being used from Nextel but to my knowledge sprint isn't using 850 celluar nowhere else.

I guess they can sell 1700/2100 and 700 to AT&T or vzw in trade for 1900 pcs or trade 1700/2100 to tmobile and 700 to the other two.

I know that's why I don't get them buying them I guess only for 1900 and does sprint even use 850? I know 800smr is being used from Nextel but to my knowledge sprint isn't using 850 celluar nowhere else.

I guess they can sell 1700/2100 and 700 to AT&T or vzw in trade for 1900 pcs or trade 1700/2100 to tmobile and 700 to the other two.

Band 26 includes 850 and smr, so that should not be a problem supporting, plus all CDMA phones support 850. 

Most( possibly all) the AWS has already been sold to Tmobile just a month or so back. 

Sprint has mentioned the use of 700Mhz as apart of their LTE roaming platform for rural companies. Their deal with Cspire actually includes 700Mhz A-C roaming. 

The better with which to get around auto ip blocks, my dear.

hmmmm.. I sense a future wherein the community membership becomes invitation only with moderator/staff approval.

• Like 4

How is sprint supposed to compete when sometimes it's prices aRe higher for exact same service?

2x iPhones, 2x 1GB data, 1x slider phone

Verizon after 22% discount: $133

Sprint after 22% discount: $151

And they won't even match Verizon's total price FOR THE EXACT SAME THING.

Edited by asdf12345

How is sprint supposed to compete when sometimes it's prices aRe higher for exact same service? 2x iPhones, 2x 1GB data, 1x slider phone Verizon after 22% discount: $133 Sprint after 22% discount: $151 And they won't even match Verizon's total price FOR THE EXACT SAME THING.

Your math is off.

Verizon

60( 2gb data) + 40( iphone 1) + 40( iphone 2) + 30( slider) = 170 per month. 

Sprint

50(line 1/iPhone 1) + 40( line 2/iPhone 2) + 30( line 3/slider) + 20( 1gb for iPhone 1)  + 20( 1gb for iPhone 2) = 160

edit: I excluded the 22% discount.
  • Like 5

Band 26 includes 850 and smr, so that should not be a problem supporting, plus all CDMA phones support 850. 

Most( possibly all) the AWS has already been sold to Tmobile just a month or so back. 

Sprint has mentioned the use of 700Mhz as apart of their LTE roaming platform for rural companies. Their deal with Cspire actually includes 700Mhz A-C roaming. 

Buy  them and then sell off the spectrum that is not usable.

• Like 2

I can only speak for the store I work at but we have had a 100% of new customers go with the new plans with unlimited data. Every customer is like why would I get one gig of data when for 10 or 20 etc we can have unlimited and not worry. I just asked and no.one has had a customer take the 1 gb option when we show them plans.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

My more relevant point is that sprint won't match the price.

vzw-share11.jpg

Seems like this document from Verizon actually disproves your discount calculation. It states that discount only applies for the data portion, and not the line access portion, so the .22 in your calculation would only apply to the 60 dollar portion.  

Seems like this document from Verizon actually disproves your discount calculation. It states that discount only applies for the data portion, and not the line access portion, so the .22 in your calculation would only apply to the 60 dollar portion.

Yes, I thought this was well known...? Maybe not. That was one of the big reasons Sprint changed the discount structure for the new "Unlimited, My Way" plans. The discount only applies to the Data section of the bill - "to more closely align our discount and pricing structure with our competitors, to reduce customer confusion" (or something close to that is what was announced).

So, new math.

Sprint: 50 (1st line) + 40 (2nd line) + 30 (3rd line) + 20 (1 GB data) + 20 (1 GB data) - 8.8 (22% discount off of $40) = $151.2

Now, if you wanted unlimited data...

Sprint: 50 (1st line) + 40 (2nd line) + 30 (3rd line) + 30 (1 GB data) + 30 (1 GB data) - 8.8 (22% discount off of $40) = $166.8. Slightly more money, but a much better deal.

VZW: 40 (1st line) + 40 (2nd line) + 30 (3rd line) + 60 (2 GB data) - 13.2 (22% discount off of $60) = $156.8

And yes, not everyone will be eligible for a discount. However, Sprint has the "Credit Union Program", which only requires you to be a member of a credit union, which is a ridiculously easy way to get 10% off your bill and wave all activation and upgrade fees. Oh, also, if you port your number from another carrier and put on the Credit Union Discount, they'll give you a $100 service credit after you've been with Sprint for 61 days. So yeah.

• Like 3

So, new math.

Sprint: 50 (1st line) + 40 (2nd line) + 30 (3rd line) + 20 (1 GB data) + 20 (1 GB data) - 8.8 (22% discount off of $40) = $151.2

Now, if you wanted unlimited data...

Sprint: 50 (1st line) + 40 (2nd line) + 30 (3rd line) + 30 (20 GB data) + 30 (20 GB data) - 8.8 (22% discount off of $40) = $166.8. Slightly more money, but a much better deal.

:-P

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

you listed unlimited data as 1gb, so I changed it to 20gb in the quote. Lol

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

Oh, whoops. Changed the numbers, but not what they represent. Either way, the math's right, no? And Unlimited isn't capped at 20 GB, even though that's a ridiculous amount of data to use on a phone.

Nobody sells infinite data. Sprint has a data cap on its current PCS G network of approximately 12,260GB (12TB) per Month. (37.5mbps*60*60*24*31=~12,260GB)  :lol: 

But what about February and the months with only 30 days?!?!?! What about a leap year?!?!?!

Why you discriminate on the shorter months?

:rofl:  :tu:  :lol:  :D

But what about February and the months with only 30 days?!?!?! What about a leap year?!?!?!

Why you discriminate on the shorter months?

Don't want no short short month...

AJ

• Like 4

According to their native coverage map there is "some" coverage in Alaska. Probably need a partner though. 

I remember when calling Alaska on Sprint incurred additional charges

I remember when calling Alaska on Sprint incurred additional charges

"Calling Alaska" is one of the many great Jeff Lynne produced songs for ELO, George Harrison, Tom Petty, etc.  Oh, wait, that is "Calling America."  And Alaska is not really America.  Alaska is where people with something to hide go to escape America.

;)

AJ