Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

This may be off topic lol.. But where the hell did all these contractors come from? I mean... A tower repair a few people ect. But thousands of people? Where did they come from? It's not like this kinda stuff happens every year

They spring forth fully formed from Dan Hesse's bald head.  But that gives Dan an enormous headache, so he can birth only a few site workers per day.

AJ

• Like 3

They spring forth fully formed from Dan Hesse's bald head.  But that gives Dan an enormous headache, so he can birth only a few site workers per day.

AJ

We've solved the problem here. Athena-like contractors for a truly Herculean task! No wonder they are running behind.

• Like 1

I hope they bring out a Sprint version of the opt in app they have for Softbank wireless customers that helps them find network issues soon. It would sure help with sites with swapped sectors. Overloaded cell pinpointing etc.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

We've found that there is considerable possibility for cutting costs," Mr. Son said Sprint employees are gonna be squeezed. Japanese companies - yes I've worked for one and all my peers agree - are brutal when it comes to personnel costs. The upside is that consumers are gonna benefit.

While this is true, the Japanese have some of the strongest worth ethics and morals that you can find. I have also worked for the Japanese, Honda manufacturing to be exact - on an assembly line in their Honda Pilot + Odyssey plant ...and they are great people. BUT..they want people AT work, no 40 hour weeks will do....you gotta be dedicated and such. Look at what happened with the guy and the Fukishima-Daiichi nuclear plant. He eventually killed himself to save face.

A term we rarely hear in this country...but to them, it's BIG. Saving face means so much to them and their heritage.

How much "extra" money does sprint have?

$5bil from softy minus Clearwire price minus USM spectrum buy.

Sprint has attractive borrowing opportunities now, id say there isnt really a minimum or maximus reality anymore between their budget sheets and ability to pursue

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 5

FIBER IS IN THE HOUSE!

Upon completion of Sprint's network overhaul, Sprint expects 90 percent of its backhaul to be driven by Ethernet over fiber and the remaining over microwave.

Read more: Sprint plans to use 2.5 GHz spectrum to catch up to Verizon, AT&T in LTE - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-plans-use-25-ghz-spectrum-catch-verizon-att-lte/2013-08-29#ixzz2dQ6xIO3C

Subscribe at FierceWireless

I know its not a direct comparison but or me personally I compare TMo's 2.5 gb plan to Sprints unlimited plan (Sprints 1gb isn't enough for me). So that makes TMo $480 better for 24 months am then if I keep my phone its extra savings from there. Like I said its not really a fair comparison but that's how I do it.

I still run a sprint phone and my wife and daughter run TMo. Personally I can't wait to switch. I have been with sprint since 1998 but I always end up tethering to my daughters phone so that I have usable data.

I know its not a direct comparison but or me personally I compare TMo's 2.5 gb plan to Sprints unlimited plan (Sprints 1gb isn't enough for me). So that makes TMo $480 better for 24 months am then if I keep my phone its extra savings from there. Like I said its not really a fair comparison but that's how I do it.I still run a sprint phone and my wife and daughter run TMo. Personally I can't wait to switch. I have been with sprint since 1998 but I always end up tethering to my daughters phone so that I have usable data.

Won't be able to tether that much... Isn't it only 500 megs tethering on T-Mobile? Plus that cap.. I can hit 2.5 gigs pretty easily on 3G.

• 4 weeks later...

SoftBank extends Hesse's contract through 2018

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2013/09/23/softbank-re-signs-sprint-ceo-contract.html

Here's a rundown of Hesse's current contract with Sprint, according to the filing:

• Contract term: Ends July 31, 2018
  • Annual salary: $1.2 million
  • Bonuses: Plan allows for a "targeted opportunity" that's 200 percent of Hesse's annual base salary and a maximum award equal to 200 percent of the targeted opportunity, plus a long-term incentive compensation plan.

Also similar to Hesse's prior contract, the new agreement lays out terms for Hesse if SoftBank terminates him without cause or if he resigns for "good reason."

Here are Hesse's terms for an eligible exit:

• Noncompete agreement: Two years
  • Salary: Hesse would continue to receive his base salary for two years.
  • Bonuses: He would receive a prorated payment under the short-term incentive plan based on when he leaves the company.
  • Benefits: He could continue certain benefit plans.

Hesse also is eligible for certain severance protections — as much as $8.6 million — if he leaves Sprint within 18 months of the July SoftBank merger.

• Like 1

SoftBank extends Hesse's contract through 2018

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2013/09/23/softbank-re-signs-sprint-ceo-contract.html

Here's a rundown of Hesse's current contract with Sprint, according to the filing:

• Contract term: Ends July 31, 2018
  • Annual salary: $1.2 million
  • Bonuses: Plan allows for a "targeted opportunity" that's 200 percent of Hesse's annual base salary and a maximum award equal to 200 percent of the targeted opportunity, plus a long-term incentive compensation plan.

Also similar to Hesse's prior contract, the new agreement lays out terms for Hesse if SoftBank terminates him without cause or if he resigns for "good reason."

Here are Hesse's terms for an eligible exit:

• Noncompete agreement: Two years
  • Salary: Hesse would continue to receive his base salary for two years.
  • Bonuses: He would receive a prorated payment under the short-term incentive plan based on when he leaves the company.
  • Benefits: He could continue certain benefit plans.

Hesse also is eligible for certain severance protections — as much as $8.6 million — if he leaves Sprint within 18 months of the July SoftBank merger.

I hereby gladly accept the position of Hesse man (pun on yes-man) if it carries even 25% (hell 10%!) of his compensation package.

• Like 1

I know this point may belong to the T-Mobile Sprint merger discussion, but if such a thing were to happen, we could rest easy knowing that at least Hesse would likely lead the newly combined company while Loudmouth Legere would be off counting his money somewhere. 

• Like 1

I know this point may belong to the T-Mobile Sprint merger discussion, but if such a thing were to happen, we could rest easy knowing that at least Hesse would likely lead the newly combined company while Loudmouth Legere would be off counting his money somewhere. 

I hope so, I blocked Legere on twitter just so I don't have to deal with his trash talk. 

SoftBank's Son urges patience with Sprint turnaround, says it could take 2 years

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/softbanks-son-urges-patience-sprint-turnaround-says-it-could-take-2-years/2013-10-01

Huh.. All i got from that is thats its going to take forever, expect to lose more people, and that one day it will be better.. BUT WHEN!! lol, what can you do but wait.

Huh.. All i got from that is thats its going to take forever, expect to lose more people, and that one day it will be better.. BUT WHEN!! lol, what can you do but wait.

Lol Sprint's CEO said things will get better (network wise) in 2014 but I don't things getting better until 2015. Seems like the clearwire spectrum will be sprint's key to success (that's all they mention about)

Sprint CEO also said expect more marketing around 2014 because they don't want to aggressive market while the network is overall not up to par (nice way putting it) for the average consumer.

Yes, I don't see Sprint making inroads until the middle to the end of 2014. They better have the 800MHz+1900MHz phase finished by then and 2.6Mhz substantially completed by the end of 2014.

Sprint's CEO said LTE on 1900 should be completed by mid 2014 but who knows. I think if they can complete LTE on 1900 and have LTE on 800 nationwide I think they'll be good. To me personally LTE on 2600 is a bonus

Sprint's CEO said LTE on 1900 should be completed by mid 2014 but who knows. I think if they can complete LTE on 1900 and have LTE on 800 nationwide I think they'll be good. To me personally LTE on 2600 is a bonus

They will run out of capacity if they don't deploy on 2600MHz. Maybe not right away, but soon.