Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

I agree that's why they are heavily investing in LTE 2600. Hopefully the deployment won't take as long as LTE 1900

If Sprint also purchased H-Block of PCS, it'll also increase capacity.  But with the site density and 2600 active, Sprint's network will be hard to beat.  Not to mention, the speeds should also outperform the competition.

If Sprint also purchased H-Block of PCS, it'll also increase capacity. But with the site density and 2600 active, Sprint's network will be hard to beat. Not to mention, the speeds should also outperform the competition.

Yup plus 600mhz too.

Yup plus 600mhz too.

I really think T-Mobile will end up with 600Mhz because they need it the most - but - you're right.  If Sprint had that and rolled it out overtop 800,1900, and 2600, they'd have a ridiculous network.  *drools*

• Like 2

If Sprint also purchased H-Block of PCS, it'll also increase capacity.  But with the site density and 2600 active, Sprint's network will be hard to beat.  Not to mention, the speeds should also outperform the competition.

They need new equipment for HBlock.  No phones, antennas, RRUs, or Band exists for H Block.

• Like 1

Yup plus 600mhz too.

I really think T-Mobile will end up with 600Mhz because they need it the most - but - you're right.  If Sprint had that and rolled it out overtop 800,1900, and 2600, they'd have a ridiculous network.  *drools*

*IF* there's a 600MHz auction. We don't even know if that's going to happen yet. I still have my doubts knowing how television stations work, I don't think they'll be able to clear out enough.

• Like 1

They need new equipment for HBlock.  No phones, antennas, RRUs, or Band exists for H Block.

RRUs can be software upgraded and antennas are compatible. 10-20 mhz out of spec is no bigger for any antenna. 

I really think T-Mobile will end up with 600Mhz because they need it the most - but - you're right. If Sprint had that and rolled it out overtop 800,1900, and 2600, they'd have a ridiculous network. *drools*

Tmobile will probably get most but not all sprint still needs 600 due to the fact in some markets 800 will only be 3x3 and not to mention there are some areas that doesn't have 600

*IF* there's a 600MHz auction. We don't even know if that's going to happen yet. I still have my doubts knowing how television stations work, I don't think they'll be able to clear out enough.

I think there will be one but the matter is when. Luckily 800 lte will hold us until we can obtain more lower band spectrum

Tmobile will probably get most but not all sprint still needs 600 due to the fact in some markets 800 will only be 3x3 and not to mention there are some areas that doesn't have 600

Is there a map I can look at to see what markets has 600 in it?

RRUs can be software upgraded and antennas are compatible. 10-20 mhz out of spec is no bigger for any antenna. 

I seem to remember arguing this point with AJ or Robert months back and got whacked saying that the existing equipment could not be used for H Block.

Wait... why would a market not have 600? Unless it's not cleared (which I would bet on) I don't see why it wouldn't be available nationwide should the auction come to pass.

I think he was talking about 800 not being available in each market - not 600.

Is there a map I can look at to see what markets has 600 in it?

You'd need to query the FCC DB for TV broadcasters and see who has TV channels in the 600Mhz range.

While it is wikipedia, looks like UHF Channels 32 - 52 to cover anything in the 600Mhz range

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_broadcast_television_frequencies

Random but I hope sprint can change the 4G icon on the phone to 4G lte like the other three carriers.

Part of me thinks that is part of why Sprint pushes out updates faster. That is a small extra step that keeps them ahead in terms of OS updates.

You'd need to query the FCC DB for TV broadcasters and see who has TV channels in the 600Mhz range.

While it is wikipedia, looks like UHF Channels 32 - 52 to cover anything in the 600Mhz range

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_broadcast_television_frequencies

UHF channel 52 is gone.  That is now the uplink of the Lower 700 MHz A block 6 MHz FDD license.

Additionally, UHF channel 37 will not be refarmed because it is used for radioastronomy.

AJ

• Like 1

Clearwire's spectrum is important years down the road, but the most important need is 3G/4G on 800MHz everywhere. I should not have to worry about voice/data connection in any non-rural area/building.

In the meantime, SoftBank should help investors by buying more Sprint shares.