SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Where is this status bar frequency or band display of which you speak?  No work on stock firmware Nexus 5.

AJ

Where is this status bar frequency or band display of which you speak?  No work on stock firmware Nexus 5.

As long as you are running one of the versions released this week, you should see it.. works great on my stock N5 and I haven't heard of any issues from others. Have you updated recently?

-Mike

As long as you are running one of the versions released this week, you should see it.. works great on my stock N5 and I haven't heard of any issues from others. Have you updated recently?

Upon hearing of the new features, I updated to the beta dated today, December 11.  But nada...

98dl5y.png

AJ

Upon hearing of the new features, I updated to the beta dated today, December 11.  But nada...

Ahh.. Sprint band 25 still isn't explicitly labeled; band 26 and 41 are. Too many devices can't distinguish between any of the bands, so if it's not identified as 26 or 41, it stays generic on purpose. I might tweak it in the future.

-Mike

How can i update or get the beta?

It's a closed invite-only beta, and invites are like unicorns.. so you have to try and contain your excitement and patiently wait for a public release to drop. It's awful, I know I would be far too impatient to wait!! ;)

-Mike

• Like 6

It's a closed invite-only beta, and invites are like unicorns.. so you have to try and contain your excitement and patiently wait for a public release to drop. It's awful, I know I would be far too impatient to wait!! ;)

-Mike

What about

uploadfromtaptalk1418345414011.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that SCP shows wifi as bring ac even when it isn't? There is one AP I connect to that it always says is using 802.11ac on 5 Ghz, but I know for certain that the router is 802.11n only.

At another location with an ac router, it does seem to adjust the status to what is actually used. In other words, depending on signal strength it will change to n or g.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This time around it will be a bit longer, because I expect multiple betas before it will be ready for a public release. Too many bugs hiding in there. I don't like giving timelines because that sets everyone up for a letdown, but I hope to get a public update out before Christmas.

-Mike

You better. Santa needs the latest version on Christmas eve to upload that data to Google's Santa Tracker
  • Like 1

sooo probably a simple question....

so i have been going through and making notes in my phone (real handy btw thanks)  

anyway i ended up pulling the new G3 update, which lost me root  :angry:

So i went back through and reverted back to the ZV4, and rooted and blah blah.....

welllllll it seems my notes are no more  :o  :o  :o  :o

are they per chance saved in my phone somewhere......or did the reinstall wipe it out???

which seems silly, as it kept a few apps still on the phone :blink:  :blink:  :blink:   Signal check being one of them....

cuz I REALLY LIKE THAT NOTE FEATURE

sooo probably a simple question....

so i have been going through and making notes in my phone (real handy btw thanks)

anyway i ended up pulling the new G3 update, which lost me root :angry:

So i went back through and reverted back to the ZV4, and rooted and blah blah.....

welllllll it seems my notes are no more :o:o:o:o

are they per chance saved in my phone somewhere......or did the reinstall wipe it out???

which seems silly, as it kept a few apps still on the phone :blink::blink::blink: Signal check being one of them....

cuz I REALLY LIKE THAT NOTE FEATURE

Go into the signal check folder (with a file explorer) and see if your logs are in there.

Loving it on S4T (v4.264b)

(LTE 850)

With the newest beta, Sprint bands seem right, however with my T-Mobile Sim it says I'm on LTE 850.

Hmm, I thought I resolved the incorrect "LTE xxxx" labels (jefbal99 -- "LTE 1900" should only show up if the app is explicitly showing B2 or B25, so your screenshot is wrong too). Were you all definitely running the latest version, 4.264b? It was the second update released today, a few hours ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem. Another update coming soon!

Has anyone else noticed that SCP shows wifi as bring ac even when it isn't? There is one AP I connect to that it always says is using 802.11ac on 5 Ghz, but I know for certain that the router is 802.11n only.

At another location with an ac router, it does seem to adjust the status to what is actually used. In other words, depending on signal strength it will change to n or g.

The app uses a combination of the speeds and bandwidth reported by the OS to determine which 802.11 protocol is active. You should only see ac if the reported speed is >150 Mbps. Next time you see it, please send me a screenshot or post it here so I can take a look.

anyway i ended up pulling the new G3 update, which lost me root  :angry:

welllllll it seems my notes are no more  :o  :o  :o  :o

which seems silly, as it kept a few apps still on the phone :blink:  :blink:  :blink:   Signal check being one of them....

Did you wipe your phone's data partition? How did you "revert back to the ZV4"? The notes are saved in /data/data/com.blueline.signalcheck/databases/signalcheck_log.db. You do not need to do anything for the app to "see" that file; if it's there, it will use whatever data is present. If you uninstalled SignalCheck, it would likely delete that file as well, but if the app never disappeared, the file shouldn't have gone anywhere.

-Mike

• Like 2

Then how do i add them back on do my phone sees it? Or do i need to go back and re tag them

Well Mike already addressed that. However did you have twrp installed before you updated, and then downgraded? If you did and had a recentish backup you could pull it out of the twrp data and then put it into the signalcheck folder. This would restore your notes to some extent at least.

Well Mike already addressed that. However did you have twrp installed before you updated, and then downgraded? If you did and had a recentish backup you could pull it out of the twrp data and then put it into the signalcheck folder. This would restore your notes to some extent at least.

no because I am a dumb ass and was bugged that i took the update with out thinking....so you know lets make another poor choice and not backup stuff <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

because i figured it would be the same as the update....anyway dumb move by me.....

and here is a screen shot......Screenshot_2014-12-11-23-56-03.png

and it didnt uninstall it...dunno why but there were a handful that it didnt....

and yea you can downgrade (at least for now) with the lg flash tool   http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-how-to-restore-sprint-lg-g3-ls990-t2852042

no because I am a dumb ass and was bugged that i took the update with out thinking....so you know lets make another poor choice and not backup stuff <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

because i figured it would be the same as the update....anyway dumb move by me.....

and here is a screen shot......

and it didnt uninstall it...dunno why but there were a handful that it didnt....

and yea you can downgrade (at least for now) with the lg flash tool   http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-how-to-restore-sprint-lg-g3-ls990-t2852042

The LG flash tool link you provided has the following disclaimer at the top: "Backup your data! This will format your internal storage, including user apps, SMS/MMS, Call Logs, Pictures etc. So please backup your data"

When you downgraded, your device was wiped.

-Mike

• Like 1

The app uses a combination of the speeds and bandwidth reported by the OS to determine which 802.11 protocol is active. You should only see ac if the reported speed is >150 Mbps. Next time you see it, please send me a screenshot or post it here so I can take a look.

Ahh, that explains it then. The speed is 300 Mbps. It's a 5 Ghz network with a 40 Mhz channel width. I'm using a Nexus 6, which has a 2x2 radio, so it can hit 300 Mbit using 802.11n.

I won't be at that location until later next week, but I can send the screen shot then if you still want it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1