Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Downloaded it, I have icons now☺. It's the little things in life right

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There is a thread here by the developer too, that's a plus.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/&do=findComment&comment=94153

• Like 2

Using the sponsors PRL (which i have for quite awhile) on my nexus 5, I went to an area that has had 800 coverage on test SIDs for quite some time.  What I noticed was the SID has changed to what you see in the screenshot...22405.  This isnt a test SID though..or is it?  From a google search, this SID seems to have been used in past PRLs for this area..well, at least in referencing the Boston area but was removed.  Would this be the 'normal' SID that will be used going forward for 'in production' 800 service or would it be the same SID that is used for PCS, 4106?

Screenshot_2013-12-28-20-02-50.png

Using the sponsors PRL (which i have for quite awhile) on my nexus 5, I went to an area that has had 800 coverage on test SIDs for quite some time.  What I noticed was the SID has changed to what you see in the screenshot...22405.  This isnt a test SID though..or is it?  From a google search, this SID seems to have been used in past PRLs for this area..well, at least in referencing the Boston area but was removed.  Would this be the 'normal' SID that will be used going forward for 'in production' 800 service or would it be the same SID that is used for PCS, 4106?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-131-updated-prl-builders-and-network-spelunkers-pay-heed-sprint-cdma1x-800-channels-and-sids-revealed/

AJ

• Like 1

Oh cool thanks.

Nice to see we are out of the hiding behind the test SID phase and maybe things are in production now in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

With Cleveland apparently being able to have 800 now, will they be able to light up LTE and 1x same time as other markets?

We have seen no confirmation of Band 26 LTE for the Cleveland market yet. Also, we have not confirmed more than CDMA 800 exists in the Cleveland market. It may be only a temporary thing agreed to with a Canadian license holder to help ease the problems with handoffs during deployment. We never have been able to confirm even the CDMA 800 in Cleveland is there to stay.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Guest DigiClaws

Any idea when the DFW market is set to have a full blown 1x 800 deployment? The Houston market is taking off, not to mention 800 LTE as well. The Austin market has quite a few (Waco) and even some in Stephenville. Funny Stephenville is in the Autsin market and not DFW. I'd naturally assume 1x 800 and 800 LTE are just around the corner for DFW since Band 41 just officially went live the other day.

Someone is working late on a Saturday.  About 1020 PM EST my phone ditched the airave and switched to 1x800 from my local tower.  Looks like it is broadcasting on the test SID but if it sticks I hope to unhook the Airave soon.  Sweet!

• Like 11

I was out in a very rural area (called Green Sea) where I normally roam all the time -- but using the sponsor PRL I was now hanging onto a weak 1x800 signal -- must've been out of Loris SC -- which is a long ways away.  This 800 stuff is going to really fill in the gaps.  Hope LTE800 does the same on the LTE side...

• Like 6

Someone is working late on a Saturday.  About 1020 PM EST my phone ditched the airave and switched to 1x800 from my local tower.  Looks like it is broadcasting on the test SID but if it sticks I hope to unhook the Airave soon.  Sweet!

I was out and about to the next city over and the other full build site (adjacent to the one that went 800 live last night) was also broadcasting 800.  They must have both been brought online together or as part of a larger cluster.  The other sites in the area are GMOs which is why I probably dont see any more.    Strange there is no 1x800 acceptance reports for up here.

So jusy a question here will there be a big switch of 800lte fired up at once. Seems like that would have to happen since they are trying to hit a deadline oof mid 2014 with nv. Also i was kind of wandering why they have had 800lte acceptances in places but nobody has got to use it yet either.

Screenshot_2014-01-14-21-52-47.pngScreenshot_2014-01-14-15-53-26.pngScreenshot_2014-01-14-18-14-13.png

Can some kind soul please tell me if either of these mean that I can expect Spark (or at least 800 LTE) in Indianapolis anytime soon? I get good, yet spotty, LTE coverage outdoors, but in my office building, nada. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-14-21-52-47.png{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-14-15-53-26.png{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-14-18-14-13.png

Can some kind soul please tell me if either of these mean that I can expect Spark (or at least 800 LTE) in Indianapolis anytime soon? I get good, yet spotty, LTE coverage outdoors, but in my office building, nada.

Thanks in advance.

From what limited knowledge that I have (and have learned from great members on this forum)

I believe, from looking at the screen shots you posted, that you phone is like my HTC One. It is capable of picking-up and using 1x-800 signal, which is you voice and text, but not 800 LTE. Also, I am fairly confident in stating that you phone, like mine, is not "Sprint Spark Ready"

These questions may have already been answered, but here it goes.  How do the OEMs (Ericsson, Lucent, Samsung) decide on which Sprint sites get 1x 800 which ones stay on PCS, am I asking this correctly?  Will every site be on 800 or have they already determined which sites need 800 (rural, etc) due to signal strength tests?   

From what limited knowledge that I have (and have learned from great members on this forum)

I believe, from looking at the screen shots you posted, that you phone is like my HTC One. It is capable of picking-up and using 1x-800 signal, which is you voice and text, but not 800 LTE. Also, I am fairly confident in stating that you phone, like mine, is not "Sprint Spark Ready"

I have a Nexus 5 that is Sprint Spark Ready, but hasn't received the push from sprint that will enable Tri-band. I have manually enabled all 3 bands but I thought I read somewhere that won't matter until Sprint pushes an update. I was hoping someone could tell me if based off my screenshots, I can assume Spark is being tested here or will soon be lit up in Indy... I know we are pretty far along on the NV rollout. 

Thanks for replying to me.

These questions may have already been answered, but here it goes.  How do the OEMs (Ericsson, Lucent, Samsung) decide on which Sprint sites get 1x 800 which ones stay on PCS, am I asking this correctly?  Will every site be on 800 or have they already determined which sites need 800 (rural, etc) due to signal strength tests?   

They get 800 unless they are too dense to deploy on every site, in IBEZ, the site can't hold the extra weight of 800 panels, or some other extenuating circumstance.  Sprint wants 800 on as many sites as possible

• Like 3

I have a Nexus 5 that is Sprint Spark Ready, but hasn't received the push from sprint that will enable Tri-band. I have manually enabled all 3 bands but I thought I read somewhere that won't matter until Sprint pushes an update. I was hoping someone could tell me if based off my screenshots, I can assume Spark is being tested here or will soon be lit up in Indy... I know we are pretty far along on the NV rollout.

There isn't really anything you can do with a phone to determine that any Band 26 or 41 is testing or live in your area, other than connecting to it. Your screen shots weren't showing LTE of any flavor.

-Mike

• Like 1

They get 800 unless they are too dense to deploy on every site, in IBEZ, the site can't hold the extra weight of 800 panels, or some other extenuating circumstance.  Sprint wants 800 on as many sites as possible

You mean the site can't hold the extra weight of the 800 MHz RRUs right now the panels.  All the normal panels have 800/1900 MHz support on the same panel.