Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Calm down.  Topical discussion will return.  We have just hit a periodic lull.  Now, do you need to be driven to see your psychoanalyst?

AJ

I do. The pain killers are making me too woozy to drive. Maybe I will operate some heavy machinery . . I know, how about a train!

* Train wreck pic removed *

Hmm. Reminds me of one of our open houses recently at the train club here in Dsm, train cars thrown everywhere  :lol:  :lol:   Boy this thread took some turns quick - down the proverbial dirt road and trying to get back to the main road.

Getting close to Christmas - lulls, less posting, craziness.   

Btw, Merry Early Christmas to you folks on the 800 thread from Iowa.

• Like 2

Calm down. Topical discussion will return. We have just hit a periodic lull. Now, do you need to be driven to see your psychoanalyst?

AJ

No, I am close enough to walk ...

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Calm down.  Topical discussion will return.  We have just hit a periodic lull.  Now, do you need to be driven to see your psychoanalyst?

AJ

It always goes off every now and then into the weeds, but it is highly entertaining!

Question AJ, with all the recent NV updates in the Cleveland market that are clearly in the IBEZ zone, how is this possible? I mean, I'm surely not complaining but I was for sure we wouldn't get any 800Mhz love.

• Like 1

Question AJ, with all the recent NV updates in the Cleveland market that are clearly in the IBEZ zone, how is this possible? I mean, I'm surely not complaining but I was for sure we wouldn't get any 800Mhz love.

I'm not AJ, but Sprint can use ESMR in the IBEZ areas as long as either they ensure there's no emissions into Canada exceeding around 120 dBm RSSI (something like 135-140 dBm RSRP) or they have permission from the incumbent spectrum holders in the other country. So either they've worked things out with Telus Mike or they've determined there's no way excessive emissions are reaching Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm not AJ, but Sprint can use ESMR in the IBEZ areas as long as either they ensure there's no emissions into Canada exceeding around 120 dBm RSSI (something like 135-140 dBm RSRP) or they have permission from the incumbent spectrum holders in the other country. So either they've worked things out with Telus Mike or they've determined there's no way excessive emissions are reaching Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, and this is great news!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

The international boundary runs through the middle of Lake Erie. That provides an added degree of protection through distance based attenuation, since there are effectively no wireless operations for 15-20 miles on either side of the border. It works in Cleveland, but it will not help Detroit and Buffalo.

AJ

• Like 2

Picked up 800 voice for about 5 min here in Los Angeles, California :D not sure were the tower was but this is were I was up until it disappeared

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1388096188191.jpg

Picked up 800 voice for about 5 min here in Los Angeles, California :D not sure were the tower was but this is were I was up until it disappeared

1x800 is everywhere in Los Angeles. Well pretty much everywhere I go. Of course I have the G2, so it makes it annoying to search for it.

• Like 1

I've got a big batch of LA CDMA 800 acceptances to post. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

I've got a big batch of LA CDMA 800 acceptances to post. :tu:

Any chance these will be coupled with an 800 LTE acceptance?

Any chance these will be coupled with an 800 LTE acceptance?

I do have some more Band 26 LTE sites to post in the Premier Section too.

• Like 11

I do have some more Band 26 LTE sites to post in the Premier Section too.

Every time u say that I get giddy like a kid on Christmas eve.
  • Like 1

How do you get those icons on the upper left of your screen? Also I might be blind but I couldn't found out how I know if I'm connected to 800 on my LG.g2

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

go download signal check pro to get that

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't find signal check pro. Just network signal into, ROM toolbox pro or network signal info pro. Which one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SignalCheck is one word and it's by Blue Line Computing.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&hl=en

Here is the link to the thread for the app too http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/

• Like 1