Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

can someone answer this for me I have been looking at the senorly maps lately and i notice that in the inner city where we do not have lte we have wi-max coverage and it is has been increasing for the last 10 months is this the build up to the 2500-2600 lte roll out that everyone is waiting for but it has not been switched over yet and will they turn on 2500-2600 lte before they turn on 1900 or 800 lte?

Camp Randall yesterday. NO LTE and barely functional 3G in the upper deck. All this Madison talk and no real action.

I was at the game also. My friend's u.s. cellular phone couldn't call/text/data either if it makes you feel better. Lol

I could not get 3G. I had 2 bars of 1x and could not send a text out for the life of me. I did have LTE at the hotel south of Middleton which was a plus.

They must be waiting on two towers to adequately serve the Camp Randall area. #1, Hilldale tower, no equipment yet and #2, West Washington Ave. The one on Old University which is very close to the Camp is ready, as is the one on State St. Man there aren't many Madison towers left without equipment on them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

can someone answer this for me I have been looking at the senorly maps lately and i notice that in the inner city where we do not have lte we have wi-max coverage and it is has been increasing for the last 10 months is this the build up to the 2500-2600 lte roll out that everyone is waiting for but it has not been switched over yet and will they turn on 2500-2600 lte before they turn on 1900 or 800 lte?

Not likely. There is other equipment that must be added for the 2500-2600 that's not the same as WiMax equipment. I imagine you'll see 800/1900LTE long before 2600. Just my opinion though.

The tower in Muskego (College/Tess Corners) is being upgraded and I had posted some pictures of the new antennae laying on the ground.  Since I'm kind of new to the antennae spotting world, would someone be able to tell me what the various antennae on the tower are and who might own them.  It appears that 1 of the new antennae is visible on the bottom rung of the tower. Please explain, so that I may learn what I'm looking at.

BTW: Does this site (or any other) have more information about not only where towers are, but who has antennae on them, and what types?

post-26539-0-70747200-1381698147_thumb.jpg

post-26539-0-33835600-1381698156_thumb.jpg

I was at the game also. My friend's u.s. cellular phone couldn't call/text/data either if it makes you feel better. Lol

No and neither does the fact I had to use my wife's Straight Talk ATT SIM shod phone to contact my daughter in the student section. Said phone getting strong LTE the entire game.

They must be waiting on two towers to adequately serve the Camp Randall area. #1, Hilldale tower, no equipment yet and #2, West Washington Ave. The one on Old University which is very close to the Camp is ready, as is the one on State St. Man there aren't many Madison towers left without equipment on them.

Glad to know I can trust my source on his info in that Madison will be nearing completion soon.

Told ya so!... Again...

Glad to know I can trust my source on his info in that Madison will be nearing completion soon.

Told ya so!... Again...

I won't be satisfied until home tree has its RRUs!

• Like 1

Why does it say I'm getting LTE signal in black earth while roaming 1x on us cellular? There's no way I'm getting signal from the Middleton tower.

Check engineering mode (instructions in my signature)

The tower in Muskego (College/Tess Corners) is being upgraded and I had posted some pictures of the new antennae laying on the ground.  Since I'm kind of new to the antennae spotting world, would someone be able to tell me what the various antennae on the tower are and who might own them.  It appears that 1 of the new antennae is visible on the bottom rung of the tower. Please explain, so that I may learn what I'm looking at.

BTW: Does this site (or any other) have more information about not only where towers are, but who has antennae on them, and what types?

I'm going to take a stab at it and say bottom is Sprint (almost positive), middle is AT&T, and top is Verizon judging by the equipment, but I may be wrong.

Check engineering mode (instructions in my signature)

I checked it, but at -141dbm i know its a very weak signal. Being the closest tower is either Middleton or mount horeb at 10-12 miles away with many large hills in between I cant believe I would be getting anything at all. I get no 3g or 1x from either of those towers.

Man there aren't many Madison towers left without equipment on them.

If you get a chance, can you take a look at the lower rack of the tower by the beltline at Fish Hatchery? I haven't been able to get pictures, but the lowest rack looks like it might have the grey RRU boxes on them. I'll try to take pictures next time I go by.

I drove my normal route to work this morning along 894 & 60th street off ramp. LTE popped up for the first time. It's gotta be the Loomis rd tower that has been marked active but was not broadcasting. I'm going to map it on my way home from work today.

I drove my normal route to work this morning along 894 & 60th street off ramp. LTE popped up for the first time. It's gotta be the Loomis rd tower that has been marked active but was not broadcasting. I'm going to map it on my way home from work today.

That Loomis Rd. one has been broadcasting for at least a few weeks now. You can already see a bunch of purple out there on sensorly :)

If you get a chance, can you take a look at the lower rack of the tower by the beltline at Fish Hatchery? I haven't been able to get pictures, but the lowest rack looks like it might have the grey RRU boxes on them. I'll try to take pictures next time I go by.

Yeah, I drive by that one every day.  There has been zero work on that tower.  No new cabinets, no new equipment, no backhaul that I can see. There is a fiber line not too far away though, so perhaps it's already run into there. That tower does have some weird boxes of some sort up on the lowest rack.  I haven't seen them in any other locations (for any provider) so perhaps they're for the county, police or something along those lines. I believe that when Sprint antennas do go up there, they will go to the middle rack.

However, as I have witnessed with other towers, that could all change in like 3 days.  The tower on Hwy M in Fitchburg had nothing as of early last week, but by Sunday, there were RRUs up there. 

Holy suprise for my commute this morning.  I picked up LTE at the Badger interchange heading south on 90/94-39.  Kept the signal until ~2 miles from the beltline exit.  The signal was pretty strong...couldn't do a speedtest or anything because I was making a phone call....off course, as soon as I got onto the beltline, I went to 1RTT for signal strength....but..maybe the towers on the East side of Madison next to the interstate are finally in testing mode.....

• Like 2

I was just looking at sensorly, and there is now a bunch of purple up by Port Washington that wasn't there last week. the North Shore is coming!!!!!! I can't wait till the flip the switch on the Brown Deer/I-43 tower because that services my school (and possible my house but probably not)

I was just looking at sensorly, and there is now a bunch of purple up by Port Washington that wasn't there last week. the North Shore is coming!!!!!! I can't wait till the flip the switch on the Brown Deer/I-43 tower because that services my school (and possible my house but probably not)

Hate to tame your excitement, but LTE has been approved around Port Washington I think for a couple of months now.

The Loomis Rd tower has had all kinds of issues. ..I have nit noticed it broadcastibg LTE fir a few weeks now

I guess so. I thought it had not been broadcasting because im always in the area and never pick up LTE. Today to my surprise i got a bunch of LTE notifications as i got on the offramp on 60th street. They must be doing some fine tuning before turning the rest of nearby towers on...well...atleast that is my wishful thinking :D

Just double checked the permit reports for Madison, WI for September additions and the rest of the towers are now accounted for, including Hilldale, High Point Rd, Monona area and the aforementioned Badger Interchange, etc.  Therefore ALL towers in the Madison area (by my accounts) now have approved permits (many of these have NV equipment on them). http://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/BI/permitreports/

choose all construction permits, september, 2013....then search the resulting PDF for "sprint"  Really wish all communities had these so readily available.  most of the others are in August, July, May and April.

I guess so. I thought it had not been broadcasting because im always in the area and never pick up LTE. Today to my surprise i got a bunch of LTE notifications as i got on the offramp on 60th street. They must be doing some fine tuning before turning the rest of nearby towers on...well...atleast that is my wishful thinking :D

haha, Yea, we're all waiting for it. 

Also, keep in mind that your phone only scans for LTE every so often. Depending on the phone you have, it might be like every 20 min or something (I don't know the exact times). So you could drive by an LTE tower every day and not pick up LTE if you're unlucky and always happen to drive past it inbetween LTE scans. 

Just double checked the permit reports for Madison, WI for September additions and the rest of the towers are now accounted for, including Hilldale, High Point Rd, Monona area and the aforementioned Badger Interchange, etc.  Therefore ALL towers in the Madison area (by my accounts) now have approved permits (many of these have NV equipment on them). http://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/BI/permitreports/

choose all construction permits, september, 2013....then search the resulting PDF for "sprint"  Really wish all communities had these so readily available.  most of the others are in August, July, May and April.

Great find!  now the question is....just because a tower had a permit cleared in May, does that mean the work has been done since then?!  Makes me really want to go to the one closest to my house and see if the number of antennae matches the permit!