Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Eh, it's Baltimore

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I will say though that although this area has LTE and 800SMR pretty pervasive, the data connections have been really spotty. Many times full signal of LTE and/or 1x800 (from signalcheck) and I'll get NO data transferred. So it's not all roses yet. When it does work, it's great, but still frustrating. Even with dBms of -85 and -62 respectively.

Yikes. Was just at East Towne in Madison and data was completely unusable. I hope it is more because of upgrades being done vs. being really that bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, you have to go with the second option, service is just that bad.  My wife goes to school at MATC, and most of the time, she can't use her phone to make calls or send a text...I send messages to @sprintcare pretty much every day because of it.

Two years later you'll be saying the same thing lol

There's a lot of work done. I believe the October date. According to other threads here, they have to have all towers in urban areas done before switching them on if they're going to turn on 800SMR at the same time. Otherwise they have hand-off issues with active phone calls. I'm optimistic that it'll happen soon as most towers have NV equipment.

And I can believe that with experiencing 800 here in Baltimore. It's not seamless at all yet.

• Like 1

Two years later you'll be saying the same thing lol

Im with Mmark27 below....all signs are pointing in the right direction.  No reason not to believe that october date.  They have made good progress so far as proven by all all of his pictures and updates as well.  We knew it wouldnt be overnight, im glad we are still seeing progress made and still getting new pieces of information to formulate these theories with!

How many times do we have to go around in circles about this?  Yes, prior to NV, the 3g sucked.  There have been significant improvements made since they started rolling out NV updates all over Madison and Wisconsin in largeas we have seen in the past few months.  Think about the scale of what Sprint is doing!? LTE is on the way and many towers, all over Madison, have been updated per mmark27's reports while documenting changes at many of these towers, they just need to be turned on whether that be due to backhaul, testing, or timing.

And the beltline does have work done to it if you look at the completed maps site in the sponsors area and the sensorly map.  Much of the reason you arent seeing 4g is due to the phone you have, and personally, feel your pain on the evo as I am in the same boat.

So tired of people complaining when its easy to see how much progress has been made by looking at a couple different sources, not to mention a sprint tower to see if there is new equipment on it! 

• Like 2

So I was on my way home today and saw this on the tower by 43 and Brown Deer (sorry about the quality I was driving):

post-26457-0-96780700-1381182918_thumb.jpeg

Definitely network vision guys and they had some of the transmitters on the ground (I am on roaming off this tower and the others in the area), so the Sprint stuff obviously isn't transmitting. Can't wait!!!

Edited by apphysics

Just started getting this off and on for the last few minutes near Warner park. I hope thus bodes well for the future.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

It's possible that's from the Middleton tower across the lake. Hopefully not. There's a Sprint tower in that area near a park across the street from Warner. Go check that one for NV equipment.

Kind of some bad LTE news to report.

I placed a call to the top tier tech support today (well, actually got transferred there after the customer resolution dept couldn't help me).

Anyways...the towers around 108th and Layton are not scheduled for LTE upgrade within the next 30 days.

Not entirely sure how accurate this is though since he mentioned that the 124th and Beloit road tower hadn't received any equipment updates but I seem to recall someone here mentioning speaking to some workers' at this site location..???

The tech support guy did seem to know what he was talking about though..and even appeared to be from the USA.

Kind of some bad LTE news to report.

I placed a call to the top tier tech support today (well, actually got transferred there after the customer resolution dept couldn't help me).

Anyways...the towers around 108th and Layton are not scheduled for LTE upgrade within the next 30 days.

Not entirely sure how accurate this is though since he mentioned that the 124th and Beloit road tower hadn't received any equipment updates but I seem to recall someone here mentioning speaking to some workers' at this site location..???

The tech support guy did seem to know what he was talking about though..and even appeared to be from the USA.

I was the one... I talked to an AT&T guy who was at the Beloit tower running the fiber. That was done at least a month ago. He said it's a lot more dangerous climbing the radio towers, so that one may take longer. I did notice that there are new cabinets and a completed-looking fiber connection at the 92nd and Beloit tower. No panels or anything though. And, the tower in hales corners by menards has new panels on it. So there are things in the area that are moving along.

Here are a couple pictures of the 92nd and Beloit base. The first one was from May 23rd, the second one was from yesterday (10/6). in the 10/6 one you can clearly see a new cabinet to the left, as well as what looks to be a new fiber connection on the right side. So maybe we'll see some new panels soon!

(Sorry I don't have the whole image hosting/thumbnail thing nailed yet)

5-23.jpg

10-6.jpg

Imgur, then use paste the "direct link" into the picture icon area (if on the desktop version of this site). If on Tapatalk app, then you can insert picture via URL.

They also had people climbing the tower just north of county line road on the west side of 43

So I was on my way home today and saw this on the tower by 43 and Brown Deer (sorry about the quality I was driving):

IMG_5516.jpeg

Definitely network vision guys and they had some of the transmitters on the ground (I am on roaming off this tower and the others in the area), so the Sprint stuff obviously isn't transmitting. Can't wait!!!

So, this tower is NOT broadcasting LTE then?

Also, I see from your pictures that those are ATT signs...sure that is for Sprint?

Here are a couple pictures of the 92nd and Beloit base. The first one was from May 23rd, the second one was from yesterday (10/6). in the 10/6 one you can clearly see a new cabinet to the left, as well as what looks to be a new fiber connection on the right side. So maybe we'll see some new panels soon!

5-23.jpg

10-6.jpg