Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I don't have anything that is postable. Just the word of a Samsung employee who does testing of the 3g/4g after the work is complete. I have seen emails on the guys phone that has tower id #'s but it all showed green bay in the email he scrolled through.

That was last week and now green bay has some 4g showing up.

I'd say he's pretty reputable.

• Like 1

I don't have anything that is postable. Just the word of a Samsung employee who does testing of the 3g/4g after the work is complete. I have seen emails on the guys phone that has tower id #'s but it all showed green bay in the email he scrolled through.

That was last week and now green bay has some 4g showing up.

I'd say he's pretty reputable.

Alright man, I'll believe you.

• Like 1

I picked up LTE on National Ave right by Culvers today in New Berlin.  Didn't get a chance to use it once I noticed it though since I drove out of the LTE signal pretty quickly (which unfortunately seems to be the case for Sprint service in general in this area).

With Fitchburg being tested last week I wouldn't be surprised to see more work going on surrounding Madison that will work it's way in.

Alright, you win.  Irish Lane tower has NV equipment on it in Fitchburg.  Not broadcasting (that I can get)

7Zn7v1M.jpg

• Like 1

Alright, you win. Irish Lane tower has NV equipment on it in Fitchburg. Not broadcasting (that I can get)

Posted Image

I'm not that type of guy... But I told ya. :P

I have no clue exactly which towers were tested all I know is the majority were drive tested for signal strength.

• Like 2

I'm not that type of guy... But I told ya. :P

I have no clue exactly which towers were tested all I know is the majority were drive tested for signal strength.

Ha ha. I'm ecstatic that it's done! If this gives even the slightest signal to McKee Farms Park, I'll be real happy. I went by there 2 weeks ago and nothing was done on it. They're flying now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I picked up LTE on National Ave right by Culvers today in New Berlin.  Didn't get a chance to use it once I noticed it though since I drove out of the LTE signal pretty quickly (which unfortunately seems to be the case for Sprint service in general in this area).

Interesting... 3 possible towers involved and I would say it's most likely the Calhoun and Cleveland Tower. I think I confirmed with another poster last month that Calhoun has NV equipment up. Its possible though  unlikely that it could have been the water tower on I-43 and Mooreland and very highly unlikely that it would have been the National and Racine Ave Tower. I believe that tower has NV on it too. Oddly I drove by the Water Tower on I-43/ Mooreland yesterday getting on the freeway and I noticed trucks working down below at the base. Hopefully this is work for Sprint. I guess it Sloooowly keeps creeping south west towards me, but this is good news. I will head that way tomorrow and try to track this too...

• Like 1

Although the Note 3 posts should be kept in the Note 3 thread/section, just to keep things on track or on topic, I will say that the following,..

Disappointed that the Note 3 is not a tri-band, yes, but the average joe will not know or care to know whether the device (or any other device) has 800 LTE since the previous Note only had the one band. It would be business as usual. Most would go for the device just on the upgraded features and hardware.  For those in the know, then having a tri-band device is a given. 

Then again, some like myself, have either 1- no issues with signal in the areas they use Sprint, or 2- Are not expected to get 800 LTE soon. So getting a new device that isn't tri-band for a year (if one does the One up plan) would be fine and then next year get the updated device that would have 800 LTE as well as have more sites in their areas turned on.

TS 

I did see that more towers south of Madison (pretty much all of them because its so sparse) just got accepted for 3G, which is good because that means the NV equipment is in place, just not the backhaul.  That's encouraging too!  I'm off to Baltimore until Monday, looks like they've got the 4geez pretty much every where I'll be, so I'll run some speed tests.  hopefully its better than San Francisco.  And hopefully those chumps working on my Fitchburg tower will get up the equipment.

Crickets....

cricketpage.png

cricket_720w-631x380.png

AJ

I could throw a baseball and hit the antennas across from my room on the other building though :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

dont throw baseballs at antennas....would hate to destroy that LTE you waited for so patiently!   :lol: