Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Madison Area will be completed for NV in October.

Oak Creek and Franklin will be complete in Nov

West Bend and other areas near by there are September.

Sounds like you have inside info. Madison sounds a little optimistic. And Milwaukee in General?

The other areas you mention don't surprise me since they already have some LTE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Madison Area will be completed for NV in October.

Oak Creek and Franklin will be complete in Nov

West Bend and other areas near by there are September.

Source?  (not trying to be a jerk, but we've heard that Oct date thrown around here before....I hope you have inside information and it sounds like you might?  Care to prove that to us with evidence? :) )

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

a bit off topic here..i apologize..but, is there anyone here who can provide me with contact information for someone at the corporate level. I am sick and tired of dealing with the lame customer service reps...none of them can help me.

Thanks.. 

Saw some panels with RRUs being put up on the water tower on 164 near the City of Pewaukee offices around noon today.  I thought I saw them working on it a month or so ago, but maybe that was another carrier.

Saw some panels with RRUs being put up on the water tower on 164 near the City of Pewaukee offices around noon today.  I thought I saw them working on it a month or so ago, but maybe that was another carrier.

Nice! Well I hope that one gets done soon. The tower that IS broadcasting LTE over near Capitol Dr. and Springdale has a horrible range. I don't know if it's the terrain around there, or the buildings, or the tower isn't tall enough, but that signal barely goes like a half mile or mile in most directions. My company's other office location is in that Gateway Rd business park and there's no LTE there, yet it's only about 3/4 mile away with no hills in-between :/

There HAS to be a bunch of towers in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area that are ready or almost ready to go. I've got that itch again! Need more LTE!! 

It's such a tease all day at work for me. I work right to the south of the Waukesha Airport, and inside my building, my phone picks up and drops LTE all day long, I hear the little signal check pro jingle probably a dozen times a day. The signal gets to like -115 or -112 at the best, but if i pick up my phone, it usually drops.

Ropes on my tower today when I came home from work! No workers that I could see still around, no new equipment up yet. Again the base of this tower is very difficult to see into. Fitchburg tower at Seminole Hwy and PD.

a bit off topic here..i apologize..but, is there anyone here who can provide me with contact information for someone at the corporate level. I am sick and tired of dealing with the lame customer service reps...none of them can help me.

Thanks.. 

Well you can find more information on page 75, but allegedly someone was able to reach corporate at 1-855-848-3280 and talked to some guy named Jason. Not sure how accurate the information is. From what I understand Support Reps will tell  you you're talking to corporate when you really aren't. I would swing by page 75 and read everything the guy had to say. Starts with the first post on that page.

Good luck to you sir.

Ropes on my tower today when I came home from work! No workers that I could see still around, no new equipment up yet. Again the base of this tower is very difficult to see into. Fitchburg tower at Seminole Hwy and PD.

Those ropes are most likely for the drivers that are stuck on the beltline because of the construction  :)

Hopefully they start working on that tower, and start turning on other towers.  My phone was unusable last night when I was stuck on the betline going east by Verona Road.

• Like 1

Those ropes are most likely for the drivers that are stuck on the beltline because of the construction   :)

Hopefully they start working on that tower, and start turning on other towers.  My phone was unusable last night when I was stuck on the betline going east by Verona Road.

You people in Madison think you're so fancy with your "beltlines" and such. Here in Milwaukee we just have plain old freeways  :)

• Like 1

Thanks.. 

You can always email Dan@sprint.com and someone from Dan Hesse's office will call you back.  They mainly spew corporate tag lines and the like, however I have had several phone calls with a woman there and she tries to do her best.  They've even taken my concerns, checked with others/techs/divisions and called me back to follow up with what they've learned.  

• Like 1

Source? (not trying to be a jerk, but we've heard that Oct date thrown around here before....I hope you have inside information and it sounds like you might? Care to prove that to us with evidence? :) )

Info from our account rep sent to us at work. I work alongside him and can confirm seeing this info as well.

• Like 1

You people in Madison think you're so fancy with your "beltlines" and such. Here in Milwaukee we just have plain old freeways :)

Just be thankful Green bay isn't included in our market. Small town with their fancy flexible bridges....

• Like 4

For lack of a better description I'll call him a drive tester for Samsung and the NV rollout...

He has frequented the store recently and has shared some info on towers being tested.

According to his word 29 towers from Fitchburg heading eastward south of 43 have all been tested as of yesterday and will go live shortly. This is 800 and 1900 lte.

He also showed me an email from his lead stating the test cars would be getting equipment to test 800 lte in the next few weeks.

According to his word 29 towers from Fitchburg heading eastward south of 43 have all been tested as of yesterday and will go live shortly. 

Please explain this location..I-43 is a north / south interstate...how can a location be south of a road that is already running N/S?

thanks...

Edited by donjohnson
  • Like 1

In Schaumburg, IL a few days ago I ran a speed test..got these amazing speeds, and I was in a basement in a building that was surrounded by lots of tall, thick trees.

I suspect this is the 1X800 signal penetration ability?

15.97 download

8.74 upload

WOW

post-25180-0-61770100-1380387458_thumb.png

For lack of a better description I'll call him a drive tester for Samsung and the NV rollout...

He has frequented the store recently and has shared some info on towers being tested.

According to his word 29 towers from Fitchburg heading eastward south of 43 have all been tested as of yesterday and will go live shortly. This is 800 and 1900 lte.

He also showed me an email from his lead stating the test cars would be getting equipment to test 800 lte in the next few weeks.

Yeah 43 is N/S? What's up? Did you mean 94?

In Schaumburg, IL a few days ago I ran a speed test..got these amazing speeds, and I was in a basement in a building that was surrounded by lots of tall, thick trees.

I suspect this is the 1X800 signal penetration ability?

15.97 download

8.74 upload

WOW

Well are you using a S3 as that Speedtest indicates? Or iPhone 5S? Only iPhone 5S would get 800LTE, otherwise you're getting 1900LTE and decent penetration. Not sure there's evidence of 800LTE broadcasting yet?

1x800 is voice only and very weak data. So you wouldn't get those speeds without LTE signal.

Yeah. Sorry. He said 43 and I don't get out that way much so I'm not too familiar with it. 94 is correct.

If this guys job is to test the signals by driving and he doesnt know what highways he is on it would lead to me to believe that the information he is providing is not very accurate.

then again, we have all mis-spoken a few times in our lives..

I guess time will tell.

Well are you using a S3 as that Speedtest indicates? Or iPhone 5S? Only iPhone 5S would get 800LTE, otherwise you're getting 1900LTE and decent penetration. Not sure there's evidence of 800LTE broadcasting yet?

1x800 is voice only and very weak data. So you wouldn't get those speeds without LTE signal.

It was a Galaxy S3

Signal Check showed 1 x 800 (must have been only for the voice then?)

I was just amazed that a Sprint signal penetrated a building...and worked

If this guys job is to test the signals by driving and he doesnt know what highways he is on it would lead to me to believe that the information he is providing is not very accurate.

then again, we have all mis-spoken a few times in our lives..

I guess time will tell.

once you hit Milwaukee, 43 travels more E-W than N-S for quite a while, however, it didn't travel near the Madison area.

He still most likely meant 94, which covers the entire span.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4