Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I drove past the Cleveland & Calhoun water tower this morning, and from what I can tell, it does look like NV equipment on the top of the water tower. I'm not 100% sure, but I saw RRU's mounted behind what looked like Sprint's NV panels... I've seen this alot over the past few weeks. There must be a boatload of sites that are almost ready, but waiting for one piece or another to be finished...   :/

That's what I suspected, it did seem to look far different then I had remembered it in the early part of the year. Do you or any of the other forum watchers on this side of town have the ability to drive by the National Ave tower in New Berlin. Its right above Racine Ave about 2 blocks west on National. It the middle of the 3 towers on that hill and is buried in the trees right close to National. It looks like to me that NV equipment is on the lower part of the tower, but I am unable to get a decent picture due to its location. This tower is shorter and stuffed full of antenna (possibly) from several providers. Thanks in advance..

It looks like Milwaukee work is somewhat steady again from what I can see in the acceptance report updates. I wonder though if maybe the sites are ready but just not turned on yet? Maybe they're waiting to flip a switch so all coverage can come on at once and be reliable to some standard? I only think this to be true because the greater consistency and reliability will probably reduce the number of customer service calls.

In any case, my data connection seems to be more reliable today than usual, that is I can use data more consistently. However, ping and speeds have not yet improved.

It looks like Milwaukee work is somewhat steady again from what I can see in the acceptance report updates. I wonder though if maybe the sites are ready but just not turned on yet? Maybe they're waiting to flip a switch so all coverage can come on at once and be reliable to some standard? I only think this to be true because the greater consistency and reliability will probably reduce the number of customer service calls.

In any case, my data connection seems to be more reliable today than usual, that is I can use data more consistently. However, ping and speeds have not yet improved.

Well actually, for the last couple weeks, any of the "Milwaukee" sites that have been accepted have mostly been in the Racine/Kenosha area. We haven't had a new LTE site in the general Milwaukee area since August 8th when the one in South Milwaukee went live with LTE. We got a nice burst of LTE like 6 weeks ago, but since then we've had 2 LTE sites in the Milwaukee area. It has to be picking up soon.... I really hope there are a bunch ready to go and they're just waiting to push them live. But I hope they don't wait too much longer!

I've been taking a screen shot of the sites completed map (just covering the general milwaukee area) and naming the files by date, so I can see when sites were added and what-not. Then down the road I can make a cool time-lapse video or something. And don't worry, I'm not sharing the screen shots with anyone. And if I do make a little video out of them, I'll keep it in the sponsors area :)

That's what I suspected, it did seem to look far different then I had remembered it in the early part of the year. Do you or any of the other forum watchers on this side of town have the ability to drive by the National Ave tower in New Berlin. Its right above Racine Ave about 2 blocks west on National. It the middle of the 3 towers on that hill and is buried in the trees right close to National. It looks like to me that NV equipment is on the lower part of the tower, but I am unable to get a decent picture due to its location. This tower is shorter and stuffed full of antenna (possibly) from several providers. Thanks in advance..

I'll try to remember to drive past it on my way home today. 

I did drive past that tower yesterday after work. To me, it did look like Sprint NV equipment on one of the bottom racks. There were a couple more racks below that one that looked empty too.

Haven't seen much improvement, just more frequent unusable surges of LTE. Hopefully the lakefront tower isn't going to be the only one in the area.

Well, the LTE you're getting around the east side is from a tower that's pretty far away to the South of you. So I wouldn't expect it to be reliable at this point.

On another note, I was at Friday's at Miller Park for a little IT presentation and I had wonderful LTE the entire time. It was great :) From inside Friday's I got a good 18 down and 10 up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm hoping there's a tower closer to me

There has to be.

If you can't get 4G on the Lower East Side of downtown, that would be a complete fail... which Sprint is not prone from doing mind you. But I feel like it's highly unlikely that there wouldn't be a tower close enough to the Lower East Side to grab 4G from. 

Edited by ColinJay

frustrating that the areas that have virtually no people living there gets LTE rather than Wisconsin's areas with the most users, but i guess its progress.

Yep, got great service camping at Devil's Lake this weekend.  Occasional LTE at the campsite, very usable 3G, and 1x800... unlike here.  

I did get a little LTE tonight in Sussex driving on 74, from Lisbon north to about H and H Auto.  Probably just got lucky and picked up signal from one of the Waukesha/Brookfield towers.

• Like 1

Looks like there's a new LTE site on the map in western Waukesha Co (I'm being vague..  become a sponsor!)

I don't see a new LTE site in Milwaukee / Waukesha counties... The one in Wales was already there. Is there another one that I'm not seeing?

Things are starting to happen up here in Hartford, just what the folks in Milwaukee want to hear ; ). They finished the equipment upgrade on the newer tower that I mentioned in a previous post, which is by the police and fire stations, a couple weeks ago. There was also work that I saw being done on a tower on the other side of town. The newer tower was turned on today! I am not getting LTE from it yet but the 3G speeds are better then anything that I have seen up this way 1.94mbps down and 0.72mbps up. Previously the speeds averaged around 0.35mbps down which is useless.

I've picked up LTE on Hwy 83 near the town of Erin recently (mapped on Sensorly) between Holy Hill Rd and County Q. I did get LTE north of Holy Hill Road on Sunday, but for whatever reason Sensorly did not start up so I didn't get that mapped yet. I'll get that mapped out in the next day or so.