Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I just realized this, but I think many of the remaining sites in Brooklyn are sitting with backhaul but no hardware upgrades. They can't be converted to NV yet because of permitting or landlord hoopla, but still. I've noticed that many of the sites remaining in Brooklyn get 3G NV in bone update and then a week or two later they have LTE, which is super fast.

TWC doesn't seem to be as good with backhaul as Optimum though.

The power of B41..

I also have been noticing improved B25 performance lately, Seems like they are tweaking it, (averaging about 3-5mb sec in same area)

I also feel with the flood of triband phones now coming on the market its alleviating band 25 traffic.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I also feel with the flood of triband phones now coming on the market its alleviating band 25 traffic.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tri band adoption should rise by a lot thanks to the One M8 and Galaxy S5. Right now iy's probably at about 8% of all LTE devices.

• Like 1

Tri band adoption should rise by a lot thanks to the One M8 and Galaxy S5. Right now iy's probably at about 8% of all LTE devices.

It's kinda cool how Sprint has it's own backup plan without doing anything. Overcrowding due to so many phones on b25, and as they release newer phones which are ALL going to be Tri-band it helps alleviate the issue. If at least 2 out of every 5 people have triband device, I can imagine the impact on network speeds. Sprint should really do a promotion and get people onto triband devices, even if it costs them money. Give people 6 month early upgrades without easy pay or subsidies if you renew your contract. Do the same with iPhone 6 when it comes out (so I can get it lol). Masa said he was willing to loose money like he did with Softbank (1 billion a year for 4 years). Let's see it!

It's kinda cool how Sprint has it's own backup plan without doing anything. Overcrowding due to so many phones on b25, and as they release newer phones which are ALL going to be Tri-band it helps alleviate the issue. If at least 2 out of every 5 people have triband device, I can imagine the impact on network speeds. Sprint should really do a promotion and get people onto triband devices, even if it costs them money. Give people 6 month early upgrades without easy pay or subsidies if you renew your contract. Do the same with iPhone 6 when it comes out (so I can get it lol). Masa said he was willing to loose money like he did with Softbank (1 billion a year for 4 years). Let's see it!

yeah that is not going to happen, i had so many issues with my service from not receiving texts, calls, slow data so that slow to stream a song will take more than 30 minutes, sprint said was my phone so i went from the s3,s4,htc evo lte, htc one,iphone 4s, iphone 5. my area was upgraded to nv 16 months ago an still no lte ,and sprint told me about triband phones and how that will improve my service, but no early upgrades even some of my lines were months away to get an upgrade. i had to wait for my upgrades and got some of ebay, yeah triband phones are great but my band 41 only covers two blocks and than back to 3g and network issues .uploadfromtaptalk1398357116631.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398357321367.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I think Sprint its moving away from contracts. I was able to get a new Nexus 5 6 months early by switching to framily plan on easy pay and saving monthly at the same time.

yeah that is not going to happen, i had so many issues with my service from not receiving texts, calls, slow data so that slow to stream a song will take more than 30 minutes, sprint said was my phone so i went from the s3,s4,htc evo lte, htc one,iphone 4s, iphone 5. my area was upgraded to nv 16 months ago an still no lte ,and sprint told me about triband phones and how that will improve my service, but no early upgrades even some of my lines were months away to get an upgrade. i had to wait for my upgrades and got some of ebay, yeah triband phones are great but my band 41 only covers two blocks and than back to 3g and network issues .attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1398357116631.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1398357321367.jpg

That isn't going to happen, yet. When the network is complete and CSFB issues are eliminated, it would be stupid not to run a promotion for triband devices. Right now, sure not going to happen. 

I think Sprint its moving away from contracts. I was able to get a new Nexus 5 6 months early by switching to framily plan on easy pay and saving monthly at the same time.

I still prefer to have a 2 year contract over easy pay. I know ATT did something way back when the iPhone 4 came out and let people upgrade 6 months early if they go for that device. Not saying any of this would happen, but it would be a great way to relieve some stress without increasing peoples monthly bill. Not everyone wants to pay an additional 27 on top of their monthly bill, and would rather just do the one time 199 or whatever it is and be done with it. 

• Like 1

Looks like transitwireless is finally making some progress on the underground train service for sprint. Got LTE on 7th ave station, 59th st Columbus circle, 72nd st, 81st, 86st and 96st full LTE...speeds average about 10mb sec.

Yep, it's a beautiful thing!

I still prefer to have a 2 year contract over easy pay. I know ATT did something way back when the iPhone 4 came out and let people upgrade 6 months early if they go for that device. Not saying any of this would happen, but it would be a great way to relieve some stress without increasing peoples monthly bill. Not everyone wants to pay an additional 27 on top of their monthly bill, and would rather just do the one time 199 or whatever it is and be done with it.

yeah me too, i let the s5 and m8 pass I'm waiting for the sony z2 if is available for sprint or lg g3

Like I said before I'm saving monthly even with the additional easypay installments on top of my monthly service. I also opted for the yearly upgrade with unlimited data and I'm still paying less than when I was under contract. Don't forget I also have the option of paying off the phone and switching carriers if I ever wanted to. If you do the math you will see its not really much of a difference. I believe more people will see the benefits and lean to the no contract and unlocked phone route. Nevertheless it will help the network.

Sent from my Nexus 10

• Like 1

Like I said before I'm saving monthly even with the additional easypay installments on top of my monthly service. I also opted for the yearly upgrade with unlimited data and I'm still paying less than when I was under contract. Don't forget I also have the option of paying off the phone and switching carriers if I ever wanted to. If you do the math you will see its not really much of a difference. I believe more people will see the benefits and lean to the no contract and unlocked phone route. Nevertheless it will help the network.

Sent from my Nexus 10

depends the plan you have, i have 6 lines is 270 monthly bill plus taxes and fees is 315 so my line is 45 dollars plus taxes and fees is 52dollars with an upgrade every 20 months,got 4 lg g2 for free that is a 2000 savings vs the framily plan. even if i have to buy the full price i still save 5 dollars

• Like 1

yeah me too, i let the s5 and m8 pass I'm waiting for the sony z2 if is available for sprint or lg g3

You can get the Sony device out of your mind now. Sony has horrible I.S. market penetration and their device seems rather subpar to me. How does it hav 3GB of RAM yet performs no better than the M8?

depends the plan you have, i have 6 lines is 270 monthly bill plus taxes and fees is 315 so my line is 45 dollars plus taxes and fees is 52dollars with an upgrade every 20 months,got 4 lg g2 for free that is a 2000 savings vs the framily plan. even if i have to buy the full price i still save 5 dollars

Sure that's a great deal You got lucky with the free lg g2 since is currently $99 with contract. But I rather have the freedom of no contract. I have 7 lines and I pay on my line $25 for service (unl. Talk and text) plus T&F, $20 for unlimited data (I can upgrade after 12 months) plus $16 dollars for the unlocked awesome nexus 5 which I can pay off anytime and keep the bill lower.

Sent from my Nexus 10

I have a sneaking suspicion that Sprint adjusted down tilt in Midtown manhattan, considering they have a lot more completed sites than when they started that would make sense. The sites no longer have to cover as many users, since the advantage of PCS spacing is finally taking shape.

What effect would down tilt cause exactly?

Better indoor penetration and such. They did it to one of my home sites when another one of my home sites went live. In the front of my home my signal used to be -110 while indoors. Now it is -102 to -98. My Band 41 signal is the same spot is more like -110.

• Like 2

Better indoor penetration and such. They did it to one of my home sites when another one of my home sites went live. In the front of my home my signal used to be -110 while indoors. Now it is -102 to -98. My Band 41 signal is the same spot is more like -110.

thank you! That makes sense. I wonder when NYC will start to have band 26 sites go live that would be everything!

So if i ask I shall receive. Working on my client in lower Manhattan band 26 signal on the 31st floor of his building...https://www.dropbox.com/sc/b3j9xott36t9471/mqCVLAbUeS

• Like 5

So if i ask I shall receive. Working on my client in lower Manhattan band 26 signal on the 31st floor of his building...https://www.dropbox.com/sc/b3j9xott36t9471/mqCVLAbUeS

FYI, all B26 conversations are now being hosted here, also Congrats on the first sighting in NY!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-67

• Like 1

FYI, all B26 conversations are now being hosted here, also Congrats on the first sighting in NY!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-67

posted there as well. Thanks for the link. I expected when I checked to be band 41 and was surprised to see it show 800!
  • Like 2

I was in the Upper West Side around 83rd Street at a friend's house for a get together and was surprised at how well Band 25 was running. On a -97dbm signal, I was pulling speeds of up to 19Mbps down. Even on a -114dbm signal, I was pulling 7Mbps. I think that the site density has something to do with it, alongside the sites not being that burdened. The pings were 36ms on average.

I wish it was like that in Brooklyn. There are certain areas where Sprint's network isn't the strongest until I get on Band 41. My speeds in home are around 3Mbps on a -109 signal now. On a -87 signal, I have peak speeds of 7Mbps. That's in the CHNHD. (Crown Heights North Historic District)