Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Band 41 in Brooklyn!

Congratulations bro! Its good to see another happy Sprint B41 user. Your screenshots also confirm the power of band 41 on the HOT! brand new HTC M8. I almost wished I waited a little longer for it instead of jumping the gun on the not so ready N5. Its OK tho I still love my N5. I need to take nextgencpu advice and flash it.

Sent from my Nexus 10

• Like 3

On my first Spark test I got 63 Mbps down a 13 Mbps up.

On 1 bar is Sheepshead Bay, I got 20 Mbps down and just over 1 Mbps up. I'll post screenshots later.

Nothing like popping that B41 cherry! Welcome to the club!!!
  • Like 1

You guys with your b41 are making me jealous. I really am missing out. Too bad I have a year left on my contract and absolutely love my 5s. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I got a couple months left then i'll be Tri-Band TEAMIPHONE6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well back to my network being down after about 3 weeks of continuous service. I have noticed Verizon trucks at tower sites so it may be due to updating the backhaul to the towers. But for now they are offline again and seem to be in optimization stages again. Who is the backhual vendor for NYC anyway?

Well back to my network being down after about 3 weeks of continuous service. I have noticed Verizon trucks at tower sites so it may be due to updating the backhaul to the towers. But for now they are offline again and seem to be in optimization stages again. Who is the backhual vendor for NYC anyway?

If its in the bronx, its most likely Lightpath Cablevision..

If its in the bronx, its most likely Lightpath Cablevision..

ok, thank you. What do there trucks look like cuz I think one of them had like a green spiral logo if I am not mistaken from memory recall.

Anyone experiencing better video quality with wifi in NBA and MLB At Bat apps? When I have good Sprint coverage with 20 mbps speedtests and I try to watch highlights, the video quality is low/blocky. Even though my speeds are 9 mbps at home with wifi, the video is much much smoother, prolly 5x better. Why such discrepancy? Are these apps just pushing low quality videos with data coverage..

Sent using Tapatalk

Anyone experiencing better video quality with wifi in NBA and MLB At Bat apps? When I have good Sprint coverage with 20 mbps speedtests and I try to watch highlights, the video quality is low/blocky. Even though my speeds are 9 mbps at home with wifi, the video is much much smoother, prolly 5x better. Why such discrepancy? Are these apps just pushing low quality videos with data coverage..

Sent using Tapatalk

This could be like the youtube app, which disables HD over 3G no matter what 3G speeds are like. Maybe forces lower quality over Mobile data connection.

• Like 2

Sent using Tapatalk

Are you on framily? Under framily terms, they can restrict your download speeds when watching videos to 1 mbps. I personally watched several youtube videos and move trailers yesterday on LTE at a friends house, and it was HD quality. 

Are you on framily? Under framily terms, they can restrict your download speeds when watching videos to 1 mbps. I personally watched several youtube videos and move trailers yesterday on LTE at a friends house, and it was HD quality.

I'm on SERO and was on LTE in Queens at the time. Here's the Speedtest when I was trying to watch the videos. The HD trailers in IMDB app seem to be fine though with LTE.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/785286045

Sent using Tapatalk

Got this while eating at a restaurant on times sq indoors! Looks like proper backhaul is in place! Streets were packed!

Awesome! Damn I need that .15 radio. Question, how are u able to charge your phone while eating at a restaurant?

This explains why my video quality has been grainy lately I thought it was my new N5. I just recently went with the framily plan with the unlimited data upgrade and got the N5 on easy pay. At least I'm not under contract.

Do you know if they still restrict when u upgrade to unlimited data?

Awesome! Damn I need that .15 radio. Question, how are u able to charge your phone while eating at a restaurant?

Look at the details in speedtest, compared to the time on the top right hand corner (7:12pm vs 10:47pm). I took the screen cap when I got home.

This explains why my video quality has been grainy lately I thought it was my new N5. I just recently went with the framily plan with the unlimited data upgrade and got the N5 on easy pay. At least I'm not under contract.

Do you know if they still restrict when u upgrade to unlimited data?

I have not had any issues with degraded video performance, I use Aereo, Netflix, Plex youtube etc...

I'm on SERO and was on LTE in Queens at the time. Here's the Speedtest when I was trying to watch the videos. The HD trailers in IMDB app seem to be fine though with LTE.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/785286045

Sent using Tapatalk

Read some of the reviews on the play store for the MLB at at app, a TON of people complaining about quality. Im pretty sure the low quality is baked in that way to avoid buffering from congested or slower networks. Especially if your in a crowded area watching highlights while your at a game. 

Would be nice if these apps had options to adjust quality accordingly.

• Like 1

Look at the details in speedtest, compared to the time on the top right hand corner (7:12pm vs 10:47pm). I took the screen cap when I got home.

Gotcha

I have not had any issues with degraded video performance, I use Aereo, Netflix, Plex youtube etc...

Lucky you Mr .15 radio lol. Are you on a framily plan? I have only experienced degraded video quality on YouTube when im not on Wi-Fi. I'm stock N5 and never seen speeds higher than 12mbps. I'm just wondering about framily plan data restrictions

Gotcha

Lucky you Mr .15 radio lol. Are you on a framily plan? I have only experienced degraded video quality on YouTube when im not on Wi-Fi. I'm stock N5 and never seen speeds higher than 12mbps. I'm just wondering about framily plan data restrictions

I believe the terms and conditions say they reserve the right to limit you to 1mb/s. So logically it would seem they have it in there so they can limit you if you're hogging bandwidth on an overburdened site, I would think they would only do it if you're in an overburdened area hogging bandwidth because otherwise it'd just a negative aspect to the network. Sort of a contingency plan?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gotcha

When you are on LTE, do you get an option for HD or HQ?

HD is highlighted so I suppose its on.

If HD is on there is no other way they can degrade the quality. Try to toggle it with different videos to make sure your watching a HD video. Also try them over WiFi to see if the quality changes.

If HD is on there is no other way they can degrade the quality. Try to toggle it with different videos to make sure your watching a HD video. Also try them over WiFi to see if the quality changes.

Yes I tried all that.